Obama offers grand bargain

I thought it was a good offer. Let's see if the GOP will negotiate in good faith or continue on with their nullification bullshit.

He also wants a minimum tax on foreign earnings as a tool against corporate tax evasion and the use of tax havens.
it simply cannot work.....you can't tax unearned dividends.....how do you tax something an entity has not yet received?......

it simply cannot work.....you can't tax unearned dividends.....how do you tax something an entity has not yet received?......

They are earnings of an American Company, are they not?

So.let's recap....Obama's offering a 7% cut in corporate taxes....10% if you are a manufacturer....and you guys are still bitching because he's not allowing multinational companies to dodge taxes completely?

They're bitching because the President is trying to web a link that should satisfy everybody. No surprise at all from me towards the rightwingnut rejection. What are their objectives? They have no objectives other than to destroy our President and thus this country. Idiots, the lot of them. The struggle goes on.

Petula

Politics aside, it's not the best idea to cut taxes and then increase spending. A much better idea is cut defense and put that money (temporarily) into infrastructure and (permanently) the space program.

It's your whine. Taste it and tell US about it. Ronald Reagan cut taxes twice in a very big way and increased spending the entire time he was in office. So did GHW Bush and so did gwb. It's doing it with proper foresight and planning that makes the difference. The Obama Plan offers that very well and it is verified by the CBO and a multitude of other economic professionals. You're on shaky ground, hun. The struggle continues.

Petula

It's your whine. Taste it and tell US about it. Ronald Reagan cut taxes twice in a very big way and increased spending the entire time he was in office. So did GHW Bush and so did gwb. It's doing it with proper foresight and planning that makes the difference. The Obama Plan offers that very well and it is verified by the CBO and a multitude of other economic professionals. You're on shaky ground, hun. The struggle continues.

Petula

You're assuming that I would support those other 3 presidents in their actions, which is a poor assumption as I wouldn't support them or their spending increases.

I haven't assumed a damned thing, hun. I just shared a few facts and you assumed I was questioning your politics. Your assumptions belie your intelligence. Keep talking, hun. I learn more about you each time you speak. The struggle continues.

I haven't assumed a damned thing, hun. I just shared a few facts and you assumed I was questioning your politics. Your assumptions belie your intelligence. Keep talking, hun. I learn more about you each time you speak. The struggle continues.

If you didn't assume my support for them why did you not mention Clinton on that list as well?

They're bitching because the President is trying to web a link that should satisfy everybody. No surprise at all from me towards the rightwingnut rejection. What are their objectives? They have no objectives other than to destroy our President and thus this country. Idiots, the lot of them. The struggle goes on.

Petula
You're exactly right. Their objective is nullification. That's no way to govern.

Petula
Not to mention infrastructure is a vastly superior investment than the military.

no.....they are the earnings of a foreign corporation owned by a multinational headquartered in the US, which have not been paid to the shareholding multinational as dividends......they are not earned until they are paid as dividends.......that's the only way it can be done to avoid paying taxes now.......

Ronald Reagan cut taxes twice in a very big way and increased spending the entire time he was in office.

actually Reagan cut a deal with the Democrats to cut taxes and spending, but then the Democrats that controlled Congress didn't carry through with a budget that reduced spending.......

So.let's recap....Obama's offering a 7% cut in corporate taxes....10% if you are a manufacturer....and you guys are still bitching because he's not allowing multinational companies to dodge taxes completely?

No, they are bitching because President Obama proposed the idea and their consituenents expect them to fight the evil Muslim President no matter what.

Back