'Bama drama

There are 125 players on a team every year. I have been a fan since the 60s. Unless there is some situation I am not aware of, that leaves a LOT of young men who did NOT fit the description. Several of the coaches (during my lifetime) have benched or banned quality players because of issues relating to violations of rules. An example of what I have referring to is Bear Bryant suspended Joe Namath for the final 2 games of the '63 season. In '64 Namath was a key factor in Bama winning the national championship. Coach Bryant once called Namath "the greatest athlete I ever coached". But Joe broke the rules so Joe sat on the bench.

Of course there couldn't possibly be a situation that you aren't aware of, could there?

Was Broadway Joe better or worse than Johnny Football?

Of course there couldn't possibly be a situation that you aren't aware of, could there?

Was Broadway Joe better or worse than Johnny Football?

Namath is in the NFL Hall of Fame. Yeah, I'd say better than Manziel. Of course, Manziel only has one season of college ball (+2 games) for us to judge him by. Lets see how he stands up.

Namath is in the NFL Hall of Fame. Yeah, I'd say better than Manziel. Of course, Manziel only has one season of college ball (+2 games) for us to judge him by. Lets see how he stands up.

I meant Namaths' behavior when he was young.

I'm happy you agreed to let Johnny Football have a chance to pursue his career, though.

I meant Namaths' behavior when he was young.

I'm happy you agreed to let Johnny Football have a chance to pursue his career, though.

I'd be even happier if you could stick with what I actually said.

What Namath did was, I think, not a violation of NCAA regulations. So yeah, he was better.

I'd be even happier if you could stick with what I actually said.

What Namath did was, I think, not a violation of NCAA regulations. So yeah, he was better.

The talking heads are saying Maziel will have to bulk up for the NFL and will not be a first round draft pick.

The talking heads are saying Maziel will have to bulk up for the NFL and will not be a first round draft pick.

He is a better pocket passer than Tebow is, so he has a headstart there. His size will be a liability. Plus his actions off the field may cause some concern.

Back