'Bama drama

Big Money

121115091321-johnny-football-story-top.jpg

By the time Alabama regained its composure it was too late: Texas A&M had already grabbed a 20-0 lead after the first quarter of last November's meeting, using three plays of 29 or more yards in three scoring drives to wobble the nation's top-ranked team and top-ranked defense. While Alabama would parry, rebounding to draw within a touchdown in the fourth quarter, the Aggies would hold on for a 29-24 victory.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/sec/2013/09/13/alabama-texas-am-johnny-manziel/2805243/

Yep, we lost a game. We also lost a game the year before. However, both seasons ended with my Crimson Tide winning the BCS Championship. ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

Is Johnny Football a loser?

Does he lack athletic ability?

Not what I said. I gave you a description of Manziel based on my opinion. You then asked "No 'Bama player ever displayed those characteristics?".

So whether he is a winner or not, or whether he has athletic ability, is not part of this particular discussion.

Not what I said. I gave you a description of Manziel based on my opinion. You then asked "No 'Bama player ever displayed those characteristics?". So whether he is a winner or not, or whether he has athletic ability, is not part of this particular discussion.

Fair enough.

"A spoiled rich kid with loads of athletic talent who, apparently, has very poor impulse control and thinks himself above the rules".

No 'Bama player ever exhibited those characteristics?

Fair enough.

"A spoiled rich kid with loads of athletic talent who, apparently, has very poor impulse control and thinks himself above the rules".

No 'Bama player ever exhibited those characteristics?

Not that I can recall. And especially not that I can recall in a situation where the coach allowed it.

Can you offer any corroborating information?

There are 125 players on a team every year. I have been a fan since the 60s. Unless there is some situation I am not aware of, that leaves a LOT of young men who did NOT fit the description.

Several of the coaches (during my lifetime) have benched or banned quality players because of issues relating to violations of rules.

An example of what I have referring to is Bear Bryant suspended Joe Namath for the final 2 games of the '63 season. In '64 Namath was a key factor in Bama winning the national championship. Coach Bryant once called Namath "the greatest athlete I ever coached". But Joe broke the rules so Joe sat on the bench.

Back