Why Paula and not Alec?

canceled.2021.1

#AMERICAISDEAD
Why is Paula Deen being shunned for admitting to using the word nigger and Alex Baldwin gets nary a slap on the wrist for going on a homophobic rampage?

Will Capital One fire him like the Food Network fired Deen?

They will if they believe keeping him will cost them money. If his ads keep making them money, they won't, of course. And if the food network thought that keeping Paula would not cost them money in their target market, she'd still be there as well.

It really is as simple as that.

I really don't think so tekky... I honestly believe it's all about money. That is the motivation for all actions by a corporation... What steps will maximize shareholder wealth.

I really don't think so tekky... I honestly believe it's all about money. That is the motivation for all actions by a corporation... What steps will maximize shareholder wealth.

Could be a mix ... Why does Alec still bring in the money in spite of tweeting such crap? Do people forgive men who do that faster than women? or is it still more ok to be anti-gay than it is to be racist? Or was maybe Paula fading anyway, and the money people figured this was a good time to jump?

But you are right - corporations don't care what their spokespeople do/say unless it costs them money.

Maybe nobody knew Paula was a good democrat? Alec wears his liberalism on his sleeve so he gets an automatic get out of jail free card. Paula was plastered all over TV. I couldn't get away from it during our vacation. But good ole Alec?

Maybe nobody knew Paula was a good democrat? Alec wears his liberalism on his sleeve so he gets an automatic get out of jail free card. Paula was plastered all over TV. I couldn't get away from it during our vacation. But good ole Alec?

You talk out of both sides of your mouth. If spokespeople staying or going after embarrassing moments was all simply "political", do you honestly think that the folks making that strictly political (as opposed to strictly economic) decision would NOT know what party Paula Deen belonged to?
:lol:

I never supported or thought about Paula Deen, watched her program a couple of times, but the nasal tone of her voice did not appeal to me, and her menu was sugar and butter laden, comfort foods not to be consumed everyday.

I don't shop at Walmart, so I didn't know they carried her products.

I rarely eat pork.

I think Alec Baldwin is an asshole. I didn't watch 30 Rock and I don't have his credit card.

I did find it uncomfortable to watch the TV appearance of Paula where she told her friend not to stand by the black wall because she could not see him.

I also wouldn't have a plantation style wedding or suggest one to my brother for his, but I am just funny that way. There is nothing appealing to me about that image.

I've never watched her or bought her products or looked at her cookbooks. I didn't even know she existed until the fuss about her having diabetes came out. Guess I'm not up to snuff on popular culture.

Main place I heard about Alex Baldwin was "Team America".... he was razzed pretty hard there, that was funny. But looking through his movies, I haven't seen very many of them...

I've never watched her or bought her products or looked at her cookbooks. I didn't even know she existed until the fuss about her having diabetes came out. Guess I'm not up to snuff on popular culture.

Main place I heard about Alex Baldwin was "Team America".... he was razzed pretty hard there, that was funny. But looking through his movies, I haven't seen very many of them...

you are a dumb twat

I never supported or thought about Paula Deen, watched her program a couple of times, but the nasal tone of her voice did not appeal to me, and her menu was sugar and butter laden, comfort foods not to be consumed everyday.

I don't shop at Walmart, so I didn't know they carried her products.

I rarely eat pork.

I think Alec Baldwin is an asshole. I didn't watch 30 Rock and I don't have his credit card.

I did find it uncomfortable to watch the TV appearance of Paula where she told her friend not to stand by the black wall because she could not see him.

I also wouldn't have a plantation style wedding or suggest one to my brother for his, but I am just funny that way. There is nothing appealing to me about that image.

It's probably not as funny when a white person says it but in high school we had the lights go out at a early morning basketball practice and one of my black teammates told another black guy on the team (who was dark as night) to smile because he couldn't see sh*t. Oh man, that was funny.

It's probably not as funny when a white person says it but in high school we had the lights go out at a early morning basketball practice and one of my black teammates told another black guy on the team (who was dark as night) to smile because he couldn't see sh*t. Oh man, that was funny.

Could see where that would be funny! But yeah, depends on context (among teammates) and who said it.

What are you ILA, twelve?

On second thought, maybe you're right. Younger kids don't have that foul of a mouth and don't take that much joy in insulting people.

He's more like a young teenager with lots of zits, no friends, jerking off in front of his PC while eating a pizza and getting his jollies from insulting people and using foul language.

Back