Why does someone start a business?

canceled.2021.1

#AMERICAISDEAD
Is it to create social justice?

Is it to provide jobs and pay benefits?

Hell no. It is to try to make money. And if a business owner could get away with ZERO employees they would.

Employees are a pain in the ass

They get sick
They steal
They show up late
They complain
They quit
They get pregnant
They are expensive

They are in short an expense and it is the goal of any business to control that expense. Anyone who thinks otherwise has never run a business and is childlike in their thinking

The education is shining at this point.

"Employees are a pain in the ass, they get pregnant!"

Yea. What a pain on you.

In SCHOOL they teach you to follow your passion. Work and the education is easy when you are passionate about what you want to do. They don't teach "Find the highest paying job and aim for it"

No offense, I know you never had any proper schooling.

In SCHOOL they teach you to follow your passion. Work and the education is easy when you are passionate about what you want to do. They don't teach "Find the highest paying job and aim for it"

If its about passion and not money, why do you care what employers pay? Obviously the employees are there because they're passionate about their work...

If its about passion and not money, why do you care what employers pay? Obviously the employees are there because they're passionate about their work...

This discussion isn't about the employee's. It's about people who start businesses. No one ever stated an employee was educated.

GENERALLY SPEAKING an employer with employee's is.

But since you brought it up are you stating that employee's should just be happy with what their employee's pay them no matter what since they are passionate about their job? Employee's help employers you bone heads. If you "built that" with employee's then they built that as well, not you alone...

If you believe that you built that alone and only you when you have employee's you are an ignorant American. Drop all your employee's and see how fast you build ...

What did you go to school to learn to be ...... a honey dipper.....garbage collector.....how about a burger flipper.....or maybe some other profession that
doesn't pay you too much ?.....
Is that why teachers demand higher and higher wages and benefits ?
Is that why professional sports people demand millions of dollars to play a game ?
Why not just do those jobs because you're passionate.....

You talk like a stupid, bleeding heart, liberal fool......

Now go back to the op and comment on what the man claimed instead of bs.

What did you go to school to learn to be ...... a honey dipper.....garbage collector.....how about a burger flipper.....or maybe some other profession that
doesn't pay you too much ?.....
Is that why teachers demand higher and higher wages and benefits ?
Is that why professional sports people demand millions of dollars to play a game ?
Why not just do those jobs because you're passionate.....

You talk like a stupid, bleeding heart, liberal fool......

Now go back to the op and comment on what the man claimed instead of bs.

So you are stating that someone can become a Pro-Athlete with the drive of monetary interest alone? ............Not too smart are you? You have to start that sport at a very young age most of the time to be good at it even in junior high, much less NFL etc. There are some natural athletes that show up in a sport late an do well, but it is very, VERY rare and they usually have a background in a similar sport.

But I never expect brains here.

So you are stating that someone can become a Pro-Athlete with the drive of monetary interest alone? ............Not too smart are you? You have to start that sport at a very young age most of the time to be good at it even in junior high, much less NFL etc. There are some natural athletes that show up in a sport late an do well, but it is very, VERY rare and they usually have a background in a similar sport.

But I never expect brains here.

NO....Thats not what I said.....try again. You ain't big on reading comprehension are you ?

Are all those sports guys greedy ? Demanding more and more money....I thought it was their passion....?
They don't play to get the biggest bucks they can ?....Really ?

All of which has NOTHING to do with the opening post.....

NO....Thats not what I said.....try again. You ain't big on reading comprehension are you ?

Are all those sports guys greedy ? Demanding more and more money....I thought it was their passion....?
They don't play to get the biggest bucks they can ?....Really ?

All of which has NOTHING to do with the opening post.....

It was your post and my response. Sorry you lost kid. Brain up.

Hell no. It is to try to make money. And if a business owner could get away with ZERO employees they would.

They get sick
They steal
They show up late
They complain
They quit
They get pregnant
They are expensive

They are in short an expense and it is the goal of any business to control that expense. Anyone who thinks otherwise has never run a business and is childlike in their thinking

Fuck it...do it yourself then. Anyone who thinks people are commodities are just plain mentally ill.....

Let's see how.much your business grows with just you at the helm and no one else.

They get sick
They steal
They show up late
They complain
They quit
They get pregnant
They are expensive

Why do you think so many businesses are opting for automation.
I stayed at a hotel 2 weeks ago and they have a complimentary buffet breakfast everymorning.
Nothing special; eggs, bacon/sauage/ham, cereal, juice, etc.
One of the things I noticed is that they've added an automatic pancake maker, since last year.
All the staff has to do is pour in the prebought batter.
The guests then push a button to start the process and in less then 2 minutes, you're presented with two "dollar sized" pancakes.

I bet McDonalds could become more automated, if they choose to.

"Employees are a pain in the ass

They get sick
They complain
They quit
They get pregnant"

Seems to me, most of your complaints are things that can happen to anyone and you are calling everyone a pain in the ass if they are an employee anywhere. Except for one.....I'm guessing they quit because you are the actual pain in the ass.

Fuck it...do it yourself then. Anyone who thinks people are commodities are just plain mentally ill.....

Let's see how.much your business grows with just you at the helm and no one else.

You miss the point and make my point at the same time. Employees are necessarily evils for a business. Make no mistake, they are a pain in the ass. Ask anyone who has hired them.

You are no different on this topic than you are on a message board talking about the merits of the Steelers defense switching from a 3:4 to a 4:3. You have lots of opinions about it and that is fine, but you really don't know what you are talking about until you have owned your own business or coached a pro team.

I have run a business. I have hired and fired employees. Yes they are important to a business, but all of those things I listed are true. Every one. In all of this caterwauling none of you have denied any of them

Face reality, pinheads.....the employer is not there for the employees benefit....the employee is there to beniefit the employer...

Face reality, pinheads.....the employer is not there for the employees benefit....the employee is there to beniefit the employer...

The employee is no more there to benefit the employer than the reverse. Both are pursuing their own interests, which is rarely profit alone.

I don't really know what the point of this thread is.

Last edited:
The employee is no more there to benefit the employer than the reverse. Both are pursuing their own interests, which is rarely profit alone.

I don't really know what the point of this thread is.

The point of the thread is to educate you and bring you into the world of reality....and its failing miserably....

I don't disagree with that.The employer is does not benefit any entity, and it is a socially detrimental role.

Back