White House still closed to visitors....

NOVA

U. S. NAVY Veteran
[h=1]Due to lack of money......BUT

Obama goes on Vineyard vacation at $7.6m private resort; more than 75 rooms booked for staff.....[/h]The owner told the Vineyard Gazette that the Secret Service has booked 70 rooms and another five have been reserved for the Transportation Security Agency. Rates at the hotel run from $225-$345. Also, telephone and communications lines are being installed on the island for the president's use.

This is random and I apologize for name dropping but I laughed when I saw the subject because my friend is visiting the White House today. Of course he's a pitcher for the SF Giants and they are having their meeting with the President for winning last year's World Series so a little different than the normal public...

This is random and I apologize for name dropping but I laughed when I saw the subject because my friend is visiting the White House today. Of course he's a pitcher for the SF Giants and they are having their meeting with the President for winning last year's World Series so a little different than the normal public...

You didn't really name-drop, though, so, like, which pitcher is your pal?

Obama goes on Vineyard vacation at $7.6m private resort; more than 75 rooms booked for staff.....[/h]The owner told the Vineyard Gazette that the Secret Service has booked 70 rooms and another five have been reserved for the Transportation Security Agency. Rates at the hotel run from $225-$345. Also, telephone and communications lines are being installed on the island for the president's use.

That's a good use of bold. I mean, every word is really really important so I applaud your usage here.

They must have heard you were coming to visit.

Dude was dope in the post-season, yo.

He was. He was. The Mrs. and I went out with Ryan and his wife after Game 6 (the game he won) against St. Louis for drinks. Was kind of crazy thinking this guy is the toast of the City for the evening and here he's hanging out with just us. He didn't say anything but I'm sure he probably knew I was a pretty big deal on JPP so we had equal star level between us.

Who cares how much the place he is staying at costs? he's not buying it.

It's a house, by the way, not a resort
http://www.businessinsider.com/obama-marthas-vineyard-vacation-home-pictures-photos-2013-7

The security people and communications officials will be staying at the Wesley Hotel as they have in the past. At least Ovum... oh I mean Nova.... got part of the story correct - there will be 70 people and the listed room rates are $225 to $345. We don't know if there will be a discount given the large number of rooms booked
http://www.theblaze.com/blog/2013/07/29/obama-plan-7-6-million-marthas-vineyard-vacation/
While the president typically keeps to himself and carries with him only a handful of staffers to Martha’s Vineyard, security will be tight. As in the past, the Wesley Hotel in Oak Bluffs will house security and communications officials. The owner told the Vineyard Gazette that the Secret Service has booked 70 rooms and another five have been reserved for the Transportation Security Agency. Rates at the hotel run from $225-$345.

If we say 200 a night; 75 people; 7 nights ; that's $105,000. Not bankrupting the country.

It's an 8 day vacation. And I'm sure he'll be working during part of it. Get over it.

This is pretty funny -http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/2011/08/is-obamas-marthas-vineyard-vacation-a-problem
Gerald Ford used to spend his August holiday at a coal mine in West Virginia. And he wouldn’t just go home at the end of the day either, he’d sleep underground, subsisting on whatever bugs he could find and his own sweat and saliva. Ronald Reagan used to travel to a remote tundra in northern Alaska, where he would sit quietly in a tent for a few weeks to better reflect on the suffering of his fellow man.

He was. He was. The Mrs. and I went out with Ryan and his wife after Game 6 (the game he won) against St. Louis for drinks. Was kind of crazy thinking this guy is the toast of the City for the evening and here he's hanging out with just us. He didn't say anything but I'm sure he probably knew I was a pretty big deal on JPP so we had equal star level between us.

Pretty cool. Did anyone recognize him? I mean, his Q score ain't exactly that of Lincecum even in the Bay Area.

I think you WAY outranked him re star status given you're on JPP!

Getting back to the OP - this kind of stuff always bothers bravo. But we ARE talking about the leader of the free world & all of that, and it's not like he can just pack up the station wagon, throw in the Steppenwolf and hit the road without a pretty big ol' entourage.

Pretty cool. Did anyone recognize him? I mean, his Q score ain't exactly that of Lincecum even in the Bay Area.

He's definitely no Timmy but yeah he does get recognized. A lot of people here gravitate towards him because of his story (Tommy John injury, long struggle to return, going to Japan, thinking career was over etc) so he is pretty popular.

That night after Game 6 was crazy. They had the TV's on at the restaurant with Sportscenter showing the highlights and you could see the patrons and employees kind of all pointing and staring at him after they recognized him.

Back