Where should the line be drawn...

Jarod

Contributor
So when should someone be allowed to shoot and kill someone?

Where do we draw the line? If they punch you in the nose? If they pull a gun on you? If they follow you down the street? If they say, "fuck you"? If they threaten you? If they say, watch your back when you leave tonight? If they call your wife a smelly cunt? What if they get into a car drunk and start driving down the road?

ask a cop where their line is and use that

Where should it be? Not where is it, different cops draw the line in different places. Ive seen where plenty of cops got punched in the nose and still did not kill the puncher.

what if they turn around and say stop following me.

can you shoot them then???

Oh wait that has been established

Where should it be? Not where is it, different cops draw the line in different places. Ive seen where plenty of cops got punched in the nose and still did not kill the puncher.
and there you have it. different people have different levels of reasonableness. I wouldn't expect my 62 year old mother to use the same line as a 22 year old combat marine.

I don't know that you can draw a straight black or white line that defines each act. It is always going to be a challenge of self-defense cases in my non lawyerly opinion.

and there you have it. different people have different levels of reasonableness. I wouldn't expect my 62 year old mother to use the same line as a 22 year old combat marine.

So, if my level of reasonableness leads me to shoot someone because they looked at me funny, should that be okay?

I don't know that you can draw a straight black or white line that defines each act. It is always going to be a challenge of self-defense cases in my non lawyerly opinion.

So how should the law be worded?

I agree, but how do you write that into a law? I could see where a 95 year old granny would have been more justified shooting someone who is beating on them than George Zimmerman would be... but how do you legislate that?

That's only because they missed.

No, I have a great video of a DUI cop being kicked in the balls. The cop simply calmly stands up and informs the person that they are now being arrested for assault on a LEO. Another Cop had handcuffed the perp by that point.

No, I have a great video of a DUI cop being kicked in the balls. The cop simply calmly stands up and informs the person that they are now being arrested for assault on a LEO. Another Cop had handcuffed the perp by that point.

not all cops are bad.

thank you for this proof .

Link us up

Back