What would be your position if...

Jarod

Contributor
Lets pretend that the Democrats threatened to shut down the government, but attaching gun control legislation to all debt cap proposals...

What would be your thoughts?

If the Democrats threatened to shut down the government I'd think we were at sometime in the future when the political parties had basically switched their current positions.

I think a more apt analogy would be the Democratic House shutting down the government unless Bush agreed to a funding bill that included a withdrawal deadline for the Iraq War.

If the Democrats threatened to shut down the government I'd think we were at sometime in the future when the political parties had basically switched their current positions.

I heard just this morning the argument that Obama wants the government shut down, that's why he's refusing to negotiate. They are already trying to blame him in the event it does happen.

I think a more apt analogy would be the Democratic House shutting down the government unless Bush agreed to a funding bill that included a withdrawal deadline for the Iraq War.

Actually didn't the demalquedacrats attempt to defund Iraq? I may be mistaken, but I believe they did.

Now as to the demalquedacrats not trying to shut down the gobblement. Why would they? They live for gobblement. It is their life, their passion, their raison d'être. They would never shut it down. So the analogy is a false one. But, you guys are cute nonetheless

The only reason I don't agree with that analogy is that Obamacare is more popular than the Iraq War.

Well they should, he has refused to compromise at all regarding Obamacare, other than with big business, to hell with the little people and their f'ing part-time jobs.

Well they should, he has refused to compromise at all regarding Obamacare, other than with big business, to hell with the little people and their f'ing part-time jobs.

Why should he compromise on a back door method of thwarting a bill passed by Congress, thwarting the LAW OF THE LAND, as described by Boener?

Actually didn't the demalquedacrats attempt to defund Iraq? I may be mistaken, but I believe they did.

The House passed a funding bill that included a timetable for withdrawal, Bush threatened to veto it and the Senate passed a funding bill that didn't include a timetable for withdrawal. Rather than threaten to shut down the government if their demands were not met, the House passed a bill with

Now as to the demalquedacrats not trying to shut down the gobblement. Why would they? They live for gobblement. It is their life, their passion, their raison d'être. They would never shut it down. So the analogy is a false one. But, you guys are cute nonetheless

I don't necessarily disagree with the general sentiment here, which is precisely why the Republicans will be blamed for a shutdown if they refuse to pass a funding bill that doesn't include the Obamacare nonsense. Not really the smartest tack, particularly where Obamacare will largely be funded even in the event of a government shutdown (most of the spedning is on the mandatory side).

Back