What The Obamacare Haters Don't Want You To Know About Exchange Successes --

christiefan915

Catalyst
-- And Why They Don't Want You To Know It

While the anti-Obamacare blogosphere has been hard at work highlighting the failures experienced in early days of the Affordable Care Act health insurance exchanges, there is a great deal that these folks have somehow managed to leave out of the narrative. Small wonder—as you will shortly see—when you consider the large role these voices of doom have played in creating the very circumstances that have resulted in the launch problems they now seek to exploit.

Did you know that the State of California—taking advantage of the expansion of Medicaid that is made possible by the ACA—has already signed up some 600,000 low income Californians? While you may belong to the school of thought that deplores the existence and expansion of the Medicaid program, one struggles to see how gaining healthcare coverage for 600,000 people in one state before the exchanges even opened can be viewed as an executional failure—even if you dislike the program itself.

And it’s not just California.

Did you know that the State of Kentucky—where Democratic governor Steve Beshear had to fight off a Republican controlled legislature and the obstruction of its two United States Senators, Rand Paul and Mitch McConnell—reports about 175,000 visits to their state operated exchange, with 15,000 completing applications and 7,000 already enrolled in health insurance policies in the first week? Not bad for a state of just 4,300,000 people.

And did you know that, in the State of Washington, over 20,000 people have already filed applications on their state operated exchange?

(Continue reading)

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickung...cesses-and-why-they-dont-want-you-to-know-it/

-- And Why They Don't Want You To Know It

While the anti-Obamacare blogosphere has been hard at work highlighting the failures experienced in early days of the Affordable Care Act health insurance exchanges, there is a great deal that these folks have somehow managed to leave out of the narrative. Small wonder—as you will shortly see—when you consider the large role these voices of doom have played in creating the very circumstances that have resulted in the launch problems they now seek to exploit.

Did you know that the State of California—taking advantage of the expansion of Medicaid that is made possible by the ACA—has already signed up some 600,000 low income Californians? While you may belong to the school of thought that deplores the existence and expansion of the Medicaid program, one struggles to see how gaining healthcare coverage for 600,000 people in one state before the exchanges even opened can be viewed as an executional failure—even if you dislike the program itself.

And it’s not just California.

Did you know that the State of Kentucky—where Democratic governor Steve Beshear had to fight off a Republican controlled legislature and the obstruction of its two United States Senators, Rand Paul and Mitch McConnell—reports about 175,000 visits to their state operated exchange, with 15,000 completing applications and 7,000 already enrolled in health insurance policies in the first week? Not bad for a state of just 4,300,000 people.

And did you know that, in the State of Washington, over 20,000 people have already filed applications on their state operated exchange?

(Continue reading)

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickung...cesses-and-why-they-dont-want-you-to-know-it/

How bout that?

Not a single Rightie here wanted to take you up on your offer to discuss this.

I wonder why that is?

I have no clue..literally, this stuff makes my eye glaze over.

I do have "non-approved" individual insurance, it's bare bones, but I am self employed, and really can't afford too much more.
I work very hard at staying healthy - swimm,weights, treadmill, stationary bike - every day. No booze, no drugs, etc.

Had to go to the Dr's this week, got an EKG, blood test, colonostomy, flu shot, and a physical - cost about $300, my crappy AARP "supplemental insurance"
did pay for the EKG, and some of the visit. My co-pay was about $150 - a little less then my monthy premium.

If i stay healthy I will be on Medicare in a few years, and this works fine for me. I don't need maternity/mental health, etc.

Best just leave me be, and let me take care of myself.

Back