We've all been manipulated by the media

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the very 1st day, where they edited the 911 tape to make it sound like GZ was singling out African Americans.

In fact, I'd wager that if GZ didn't have that 25% of white, we wouldn't have heard much about this story.

They love to jack up stories with racial elements; to fire up the country's emotions & divisions. They want a Rodney King type reaction & even a riot. And we all play right into their hands.

On a separate but related note, why in the hell do they televise these things? It is completely unfair to the witnesses. You shouldn't have to sacrifice your privacy simply because you saw or heard something. I hate that there are debates about the witnesses in these events - about their credibility, how they talk or what they look like.

his father is a white judge

hes a child of privledge in a town that has a deep deep history of racism.

Do you know Jackie robinson was chased out of the towm because the white towns folks were going to kill him because Branch Ricki was about to put him on the dogers?

the town itself was built by black people as a black town and then the white people came in a stold the town from them?

you just keep doubleing down dude

his father is a white judge

hes a child of privledge in a town that has a deep deep history of racism.

Do you know Jackie robinson was chased out of the towm because the white towns folks were going to kill him because Branch Ricki was about to put him on the dogers?

the town itself was built by black people as a black town and then the white people came in a stold the town from them?

you just keep doubleing down dude

How do you steal a town from someone? Do you mean white people purchased property in the neighborhood?

nope they revoked their charter so they could come in and apply for their own charter.

Its how black people were treated in the south.

do you care this town wanted to kill Jackie?

nope they revoked their charter so they could come in and apply for their own charter.

Its how black people were treated in the south.

do you care this town wanted to kill Jackie?

Where are you getting this info about the city's history from?

Unfortunately a lot of people wanted to kill Jackie Robinson in our country. It's a very ugly history and it was not exclusive to the South.

Where are you getting this info about the city's history from?

Unfortunately a lot of people wanted to kill Jackie Robinson in our country. It's a very ugly history and it was not exclusive to the South.

its called reseach try it

its called reseach try it

Wow. I looked up on Wikipedia and didn't see anything about it. I'm not stating you are wrong I'm simply asking where you got the info from so I can read and learn about it. My apologies for inquiring.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanford,_Florida#Jackie_Robinson_in_1946

Jackie Robinson in 1946

On October 23, 1945, the Brooklyn Dodgers announced that they had signed Jackie Robinson assigning him to their International League team, the Montreal Royals.

Branch Rickey, Brooklyn Dodgers General Manager believing he "knew" Florida, thought his team could train there ruffling as few feathers as possible. Robinson and his wife were instructed by Rickey not to try to stay at any Sanford hotels. He and his wife didn’t eat out at any restaurants not deemed “Negro restaurants." He didn't even dress in the same locker room as his teammates.

As soon as the citizenry became aware of Robinson's presence, the mayor of Sanford was confronted by a "large group of white residents" who "demanded that Robinson...be run out of town."

On March 5, 1946, the Royals were informed that they would not be permitted to take the field as an integrated group. Rickey was concerned for Robinson’s life and sent him to stay in Daytona Beach. His daughter, Sharon Robinson, remembered being told, "The Robinsons were run out of Sanford, Florida, with threats of violence."

In his 1993 book, "A Hard Road to Glory: A History Of The African American Athlete: Baseball" tennis great Arthur Ashe wrote in response, Rickey "moved the entire Dodger pre-season camp from Sanford, Florida, to Daytona Beach due to the oppressive conditions of Sanford."

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...-novelist-zora-neale-hurston-museum-documents

New Goldsboro history museum preserves town's forgotten lore

Community was state's 2nd black town until Sanford took it over

November 12, 2011|By Eloísa Ruano González, Orlando Sentinel

Goldsboro, once a flourishing center of black life west of Sanford, may have disappeared as a town, but its heritage is on display in a new museum.

Founded in 1891 by laborers who worked on the railroad and the St. Johns River docks, Goldsboro was the second town in Florida incorporated by blacks, after Eatonville. But in 1911, Sanford — then among the largest vegetable-shipping hubs in the nation — stripped Goldsboro of its charter and swallowed it up.

Im sorry cawacko your right Ill go get the links to the history

where is the part that the land was taken by white people from black people? All I can see is the man named Sanford founded the city by buying land. Can you link us up to where you are getting the rest?

Ignore that... you just posted the link... thanks

I was mistaken about them founding the entire town but they founded Goldsboro which was next to it.

they then stripped this history from the town.

How many white kids in sanford know about Goldsboro?

this is the race conversation this country has refused to have for decades.

we need to do this
I don't think so. I've always thought of this as a stupid assed wannabe rent a cop who fucked up and killed a kid and got lucky enough not to have any witnesses and was aquited due to Florida's overly broad self defense laws creating reasonable doubt as to his guilt.

Was race involved in Zimmermans nitwitted moronic lack of judgement? Absolutely. Was it intrinsic to the prosecution of the criminal case? I think the legal system has bent over backwards to see that it race was not an issue in regards to legal jurisprudence. Has race been hyped by the media? Absolutely. Do blacks feel they've been victimized again by an apathetic and antagonistic legal system? Of course they do. Did racism affect the juries verdict? I seriously doubt it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back