We were warned 8 years ago...

NOVA

U. S. NAVY Veteran
Yet less than a decade ago the Bush administration was warning us of Syria’s Assad. Strangely though, there was no “Call to Action.”

The exact opposite, in fact. Many of the same “Hawks” of today were “doves” not too long ago. In 2005 then Senator Obama grilled Ambassador John Bolton regarding Syria. Bolton was trying to warn us of Syria’s progress in developing WMD and that they would pose a threat to the Middle East region and beyond. Obama accused Bolton of “pushing the envelope” and “seeking to have intelligence conform to your views and that is not good for America’s national security.” Really Senator? Sen. Obama then stated, “with respect to assessments of threats in Syria . . . we can’t afford to cry wolf. When we say there is a threat, people have to believe us.” If the situation were so serious, this would be comedy gold. He went on to compare it to the overstatement of Iraq’s WMD program. Lest we forget, every intelligence service in the world was convinced of Iraq’s WMD program, which resulted in Bush’s coalition. Where is Barry’s coalition? I’m just asking. During the Bush years, Obama, Biden, Kerry and the rest were all for diplomacy. That would win the day. In 2007, then Senator Joe Biden speaking of Syria was all for, “diplomacy, which is not about paying a price but finding a way to protect our interests without engaging in military conflict.”

Read more: http://politicaloutcast.com/2013/09/senator-obama-democrats-said-syria/#ixzz2eADZpaTM

Yet less than a decade ago the Bush administration was warning us of Syria’s Assad. Strangely though, there was no “Call to Action.” The exact opposite, in fact. Many of the same “Hawks” of today were “doves” not too long ago. In 2005 then Senator Obama grilled Ambassador John Bolton regarding Syria. Bolton was trying to warn us of Syria’s progress in developing WMD and that they would pose a threat to the Middle East region and beyond. Obama accused Bolton of “pushing the envelope” and “seeking to have intelligence conform to your views and that is not good for America’s national security.” Really Senator? Sen. Obama then stated, “with respect to assessments of threats in Syria . . . we can’t afford to cry wolf. When we say there is a threat, people have to believe us.” If the situation were so serious, this would be comedy gold. He went on to compare it to the overstatement of Iraq’s WMD program. Lest we forget, every intelligence service in the world was convinced of Iraq’s WMD program, which resulted in Bush’s coalition. Where is Barry’s coalition? I’m just asking. During the Bush years, Obama, Biden, Kerry and the rest were all for diplomacy. That would win the day. In 2007, then Senator Joe Biden speaking of Syria was all for, “diplomacy, which is not about paying a price but finding a way to protect our interests without engaging in military conflict.” Read more: http://politicaloutcast.com/2013/09/senator-obama-democrats-said-syria/#ixzz2eADZpaTM

Don't you get it? R wants to do something = bad, D wants to do the same thing = good.

Yet less than a decade ago the Bush administration was warning us of Syria’s Assad. Strangely though, there was no “Call to Action.”

The exact opposite, in fact. Many of the same “Hawks” of today were “doves” not too long ago. In 2005 then Senator Obama grilled Ambassador John Bolton regarding Syria. Bolton was trying to warn us of Syria’s progress in developing WMD and that they would pose a threat to the Middle East region and beyond. Obama accused Bolton of “pushing the envelope” and “seeking to have intelligence conform to your views and that is not good for America’s national security.” Really Senator? Sen. Obama then stated, “with respect to assessments of threats in Syria . . . we can’t afford to cry wolf. When we say there is a threat, people have to believe us.” If the situation were so serious, this would be comedy gold. He went on to compare it to the overstatement of Iraq’s WMD program. Lest we forget, every intelligence service in the world was convinced of Iraq’s WMD program, which resulted in Bush’s coalition. Where is Barry’s coalition? I’m just asking. During the Bush years, Obama, Biden, Kerry and the rest were all for diplomacy. That would win the day. In 2007, then Senator Joe Biden speaking of Syria was all for, “diplomacy, which is not about paying a price but finding a way to protect our interests without engaging in military conflict.”

Read more: http://politicaloutcast.com/2013/09/senator-obama-democrats-said-syria/#ixzz2eADZpaTM

Its funny when a brain actually starts to learn.

Follow the money=politics.

Warned 8 years ago and the pinheads said no....now the chief pinhead wants to bomb him.....after the damage is done.

dear idiot they did lie about intel huh?

that is how we got the Iraq war.

How long has assad been president of his country?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bashar_al-Assad#Rise_to_power

assad was the new young dictator at the time and there was much more room to use diplomacy with him then.

Bush didn't and instead made the whole region hate us.

Now this guy is gassing his people due to the inaction of Bush diplomats.

Instead they insulted him and made him fit the role they wanted him to have huh?

lack of diplomacy at the right time can fuck things up huh

assad was the new young dictator at the time and there was much more room to use diplomacy with him then.

Instead they insulted him and made him fit the role they wanted him to have huh?

Cowboy diplomacy is a term used by critics to describe the resolution of international conflicts through brash risk-taking, intimidation, military deployment, or a combination of such tactics. It is criticized as stemming from an overly-simple, dichotomous world view. Overtly provocative phraseology typically centralizes the message.
One of the earliest known applications of the term was in 1902, when it was used by Jackie Lawlor from Westford, Massachusetts and the American press to describe U.S. President Theodore Roosevelt's foreign policies. Roosevelt had at the time summarized his approach to international diplomacy as "Speak softly and carry a big stick",[1] an adage that was engraved on a bronze plaque on Donald Rumsfeld's office desk in the Pentagon and has set the modern precedent.[2]
The term has since also been applied to the presidential administrations of Ronald Reagan[3] and George W. Bush.[4]

All hat no saddle gets you in trouble every time, and sometimes it takes a while to come to fruition.

Assad in 2010: 'I Trust Senator Kerry...I Met Him Five Times'

As NewsBusters reported Monday, Secretary of State John Kerry when he was still a Senator dined with Syrian President Bashar al-Assad in 2009.

In a 2010 interview, Assad said, "I trust Senator Kerry, and I think he's genuine...I met him five times."

BASHAR AL-ASSAD: I trust Senator Kerry, to start with this word. I trust Senator Kerry, and I think he’s genuine. And I met him five times. It’s not the first meeting or the second meeting. I met him five times in very difficult circumstances. So what he said, he said what he meant, what he means. But I think he’s not the one who’s going to implement. You have the administration, and you have the Congress. Anyone can put obstacles. So I think we are looking for the results. Think to date I am convinced about what he said.

The following year, Kerry again met Assad as reported by the New York Times on April 1, 2010:

After his meeting with Mr. Assad, Mr. Kerry said in a statement that the United States and Syria shared “a mutual interest in having a very frank exchange on any differences that may exist, but also on the many, many agreements that we have about the possibilities of peace in this region.”

Readers are also reminded what Kerry said about Assad in 2011:

On March 16, 2011—the day after the first mass demonstration against the regime—John Kerry said Assad was a man of his word who had been "very generous with me." He added that under Assad "Syria will move; Syria will change as it embraces a legitimate relationship with the United States."

This is the same man Kerry compared to Adolf Hitler and Saddam Hussein on Sunday's Meet the Press.

Will the Obama and Kerry-loving media report any of this?

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-s...nator-kerryi-met-him-five-times#ixzz2eEMdRy00

Spin away desh.......blame it on Bush.....how typical.......I'll bet you could blame Bush for introducing Clinton to Monica and forcing Bill
to get his dick out....

The fact is, Bush right, he warned us and the Dems wouldn't listen....its proven history

so now you want him ignored some more?

dude your memes are bumbing into each other?

BTW who was president for 9 months before 911?

why do you not claim it was Bushs fault we were hit on 911 when BUSH had been warned and trashed the top terror expert for trying to warn him?

Don't you get it? R wants to do something = bad, D wants to do the same thing = good.

Ummmmmmmmm.....The D's aren't backing this attack on Syria brains....The people that is. The Democrats in office backing it are also the ones taking the most money from Military Defense Contractors.

so now you want him ignored some more?

dude your memes are bumbing into each other?

BTW who was president for 9 months before 911?

why do you not claim it was Bushs fault we were hit on 911 when BUSH had been warned and trashed the top terror expert for trying to warn him?

do you mean the guy that was president when the 9/11 hijackers entered the country, without him knowing a thing about it..........before GWB....

I think his name was Billy or Dilly or Sucky my Willie....

do you mean the guy that was president when the 9/11 hijackers entered the country, without him knowing a thing about it..........before GWB....

I think his name was Billy or Dilly or Sucky my Willie....

go get your proof.

who was it that trashed our TOP TERROR expert for warning him about OBL?

BUSH

Back