Was Senator Ted Cruz for defnuding Obamacare before he was against it...?

Jarod

Contributor
Senator Cruz has vowed to filibuster a bill, which he supported, which would require Obamacare be defunded.

This is VERY similar to what Kerry was ridiculed for having done.

What is defnuding? It sounds perverted. :whoa:

That was a typo, but your obsession with things that are sinuous makes me wonder if you are incredibly repressed sexually. Get out and live a little, you will feel much better.

Senator Cruz has vowed to filibuster a bill, which he supported, which would require Obamacare be defunded.

This is VERY similar to what Kerry was ridiculed for having done.

To be fair (damn, I hate to be fair) - he's doing that because otherwise the Senate will strip the defunding of ACA out of the bill. But yeah, soundbites hurt when they are used against you, huh, conservatives?

By the way - the defunding SHOULD be stripped; Repubs have to stop playing russian roulette with our country

To be fair (damn, I hate to be fair) - he's doing that because otherwise the Senate will strip the defunding of ACA out of the bill. But yeah, soundbites hurt when they are used against you, huh, conservatives?

By the way - the defunding SHOULD be stripped; Repubs have to stop playing russian roulette with our country

I know, just like Kerry was voting against the bill originally because he wanted more support for the troops. The truth did not matter to the media or the Republicans or even the voters.

Cruz (Tea Party) is tying itself in knots over this. I have no idea if Obamacare is good or not -being self employed it might be for myself.

Still it is vastly unpopular, has a lot of kinks to work out -so what do the Repubs do? Make themselves to target of any ire by defunding.....

The US populace might not want Obama care (per all polls) but try taking anything away from them, and they want it.

Cruz (Tea Party) is tying itself in knots over this. I have no idea if Obamacare is good or not -being self employed it might be for myself.

Still it is vastly unpopular, has a lot of kinks to work out -so what do the Repubs do? Make themselves to target of any ire by defunding.....

The US populace might not want Obama care (per all polls) but try taking anything away from them, and they want it.
The White House has done a pitiful job selling Obamacare, I am not sure why, but I wonder if they are setting up the Republicans again, they have a history of doing that.

The White House has done a pitiful job selling Obamacare, I am not sure why, but I wonder if they are setting up the Republicans again, they have a history of doing that.
Obama has not sold it at ALL. Here we are like a week from the exchangse, and not a peep.

Me thinks they are terrified it will come out ass backwards, and (the typical courage of Obama) POSSIBLY cost him some political capital -
which he clings to like he can take it with him after he leaves office.

On the other hand..it could be the WH is watching the Repubs self destruct, by internecine warfare, and as the Sun Tzu saying goes.

"do not interrupt your opponent while he is destroying himself" (paraphrased).

Either way, it POLITICS before policy, in this hyper-partisan age,.something to be expected, if not desired

Obama has not sold it at ALL. Here we are like a week from the exchangse, and not a peep.

Me thinks they are terrified it will come out ass backwards, and (the typical courage of Obama) POSSIBLY cost him some political capital -

On the other hand..it could be the WH is watching the Repubs self destruct, by internecine warfare, and as the Sun Tzu saying goes.

Either way, it POLITICS before policy, in this hyper-partisan age,.something to be expected, if not desired

I agree with everything you said, except I think its your second possibility but could be your first.

They are showing commercial both for and against ACA here in my state.

The one against AaCA is giving false information to try and scare cancer patients.

Last edited:
Cruz-ing On Empty: Ted Exposed By Shutdown Debacle

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/cruz-ing-on-empty-ted-exposed-by-shutdown-debacle

cruz-charge.jpg

Currently, Title 8 of the U.S. Code fills in the gaps left by the Constitution. Section 1401 defines the following as people who are "citizens of the United States at birth:"
Anyone born inside the United States *
Any Indian or Eskimo born in the United States, provided being a citizen of the U.S. does not impair the person's status as a citizen of the tribe
Any one born outside the United States, both of whose parents are citizens of the U.S., as long as one parent has lived in the U.S.
Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year and the other parent is a U.S. national
Any one born in a U.S. possession, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year
Any one found in the U.S. under the age of five, whose parentage cannot be determined, as long as proof of non-citizenship is not provided by age 21
Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is an alien and as long as the other parent is a citizen of the U.S. who lived in the U.S. for at least five years (with military and diplomatic service included in this time)
A final, historical condition: a person born before 5/24/1934 of an alien father and a U.S. citizen mother who has lived in the U.S.

I think the bolding covers Ted Cruz

http://www.usconstitution.net/consttop_citi.html

Back