Virginia now a blue state...

Jarod

Contributor
If Virginia is now solidly a blue state, and it appears it is, how do Republicans expect to win any national elections?

I guess they should just pack it up and go the way of the Whigs

They should, but they wont. They will simply descend into a deeper abyss until the take a step forward toward liberalism. Its what this Republican civil war is all about, how long it will last is the only question and the answer to how long the Democrats will dominate national politics.

They should, but they wont. They will simply descend into a deeper abyss until the take a step forward toward liberalism. Its what this Republican civil war is all about, how long it will last is the only question and the answer to how long the Democrats will dominate national politics.

Well at least you admit that you want one ideology rule. There is one group that is committed to defending the US Constitution and it isn't liberals.

Funny, the one thing you get with all democrat party rule you don't like. Odd huh?

I, for one, certainly don't want one party rule... but I want BOTH parties to put their partisan agendas aside and work together to forge meaningful compromises and start fucking governing this country instead of worrying about the next election cycle.

That being said, if the republicans continue to push their "my way or the highway" approach to governance, and then they start losing elections because their ideas and their approaches are not attractive to the electorate, they will only have themselves to blame.

I, for one, certainly don't want one party rule... but I want BOTH parties to put their partisan agendas aside and work together to forge meaningful compromises and start fucking governing this country instead of worrying about the next election cycle.

That being said, if the republicans continue to push their "my way or the highway" approach to governance, and then they start losing elections because their ideas and their approaches are not attractive to the electorate, they will only have themselves to blame.
The gerrymandering makes that a problematic forecast. Nutters can elect nutters forever in an awful lot of districts.

Well at least you admit that you want one ideology rule. There is one group that is committed to defending the US Constitution and it isn't liberals.

Funny, the one thing you get with all democrat party rule you don't like. Odd huh?

I don't want all Democratic party rule. I want to end social conservatism, which in my opinion is patently unconstitutional. I would love to have a new Republican party emerge, or you can change the name to anything you like, that would adopt the social liberalism of the Democratic party and advocate for a FAIR reduction in Federal Spending, one that did not offer wholesale promotion of the interests of the superrich.

Id like to see three or four viable parties where coalitions could form around individual issues. It would put an end to the shit the Republicans pulled in the last gmt shutdown. It would end situations where a majority supported funding the government but a minority was able to keep it closed.

The gerrymandering makes that a problematic forecast. Nutters can elect nutters forever in an awful lot of districts.

absolutely.

In the last election, more Americans cast their votes for democratic house candidates than they did for republican ones... yet the GOP still controls the house exactly because of that gerrymandering.

I don't want all Democratic party rule. I want to end social conservatism, which in my opinion is patently unconstitutional. I would love to have a new Republican party emerge, or you can change the name to anything you like, that would adopt the social liberalism of the Democratic party and advocate for a FAIR reduction in Federal Spending, one that did not offer wholesale promotion of the interests of the superrich.

You realize that your last statement completely contradicted your first?

BTW, I didn't accuse you of wanting "one party rule". You want "one ideology rule", which is different. You actually admit as such.

Why can't you lefties ever be honest about what you want? I want you defeated. I want every single liberal out of Washington whether they are a democrat or a republican. I am not shy about that. Why do you have to hide your true intentions?

BTW, aren't you considered the super rich? What is this jealousy and hatred of the "superrich"? What did they do to you?

absolutely.

In the last election, more Americans cast their votes for democratic house candidates than they did for republican ones... yet the GOP still controls the house exactly because of that gerrymandering.

Nonsense. The Dems are just as much to blame for giving themselves 'locks' for the House as well. Both parties have rigged the states that they could in order to all but guarantee a win for themselves.

The Dems getting more votes could easily be skewed by winning those rigged Dem sits by larger majorities and then losing the closer elections for seats that could go either way. It is patently ignorant to look at total votes and pretend that Dems should somehow have won more seats. Their problem is that they stacked their 'safe' seats TOO well. Giving them overwhelming numbers for some seats and leaving them scrambling for others.

the fact remains: more Americans voted for Democratic congressional house candidates than voted for Republican ones.

So they won their safe seats by big margins, but lost the close elections? Good to know they have a harder time winning the closer elections.

BTW, I didn't accuse you of wanting "one party rule". You want "one ideology rule", which is different. You actually admit as such.

Why can't you lefties ever be honest about what you want? I want you defeated. I want every single liberal out of Washington whether they are a democrat or a republican. I am not shy about that. Why do you have to hide your true intentions?

BTW, aren't you considered the super rich? What is this jealousy and hatred of the "superrich"? What did they do to you?

No they don't contradict. I want differing opinions, just I want them to be for the benefit of all Americans, not just a select predetermined group.

Nonsense. The Dems are just as much to blame for giving themselves 'locks' for the House as well. Both parties have rigged the states that they could in order to all but guarantee a win for themselves.

The Dems getting more votes could easily be skewed by winning those rigged Dem sits by larger majorities and then losing the closer elections for seats that could go either way. It is patently ignorant to look at total votes and pretend that Dems should somehow have won more seats. Their problem is that they stacked their 'safe' seats TOO well. Giving them overwhelming numbers for some seats and leaving them scrambling for others.

more Americans wanted a democratic congressman than wanted republican ones. fact.

I might be considered rich, but I am not the rich the Republicans are trying to protect. Additionally, one can be rich but not agree that the system that benefits him/her is the best system.

Back