Until We Find ONE WMD in Iraq, Republicans Should Really Calm Down About “Obamacare"

poet

Banned
Until We Find ONE WMD in Iraq, Republicans Should Really Calm Down About “Obamacare"

http://www.forwardprogressives.com/...hould-really-calm-down-a-bit-about-obamacare/

"Anyone who follows my writing knows that I believe Republicans are some of the most hypocritical individuals on the planet. But they’re not strictly limited to hypocrisy. I find many times they completely contradict themselves and often reek of irony.

One such example of their irony (and hypocrisy) is their “outrage” about the fact that some Americans won’t be allowed to keep their current health insurance (because it doesn’t meet the minimum standards established under the Affordable Care Act) despite the fact that President Obama said they would be able to.

Well, President Obama misspoke. Did he lie? I guess some might say he did, but I just don’t see it that way. He simply didn’t include the phrase, “If your current plan meets the basic requirements under the new healthcare law.” The requirements weren’t hidden, so by him omitting that phrase it meant each individual would have had to inquire with their health insurance provide themselves to find out the sustainability of their current insurance plan.

However, for Republicans to say that a president not being fully honest about something is deplorable and condemnable is absolutely astounding.
The party of President George W. Bush — I’m sure everyone remembers him. The man who started a war on the promise that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. Otherwise known as “WMD’s.”

Their president took our nation to war on the pretense that we were going to find stockpiles of dangerous weapons which posed a gigantic threat to the United States and our allies. He promised us that Iraq was a threat to our freedom and was a breeding ground for terrorism.

Which, of course, were all absolute lies.

Iraq never had any weapons of mass destruction. Iraq was never a real threat to the United States. And if you want to talk about a breeding ground for terrorism, that’s what Iraq has turned into since our invasion. And I’m just talking about his lies about WMD’s in Iraq — I haven’t even touched on the fact that Bush promised us his tax cuts would balance our budget and bring us to economic prosperity.

Then let’s not forget about his little flight suit spectacle (paid for by taxpayer money, by the way) where he declared “Mission Accomplished” — which was another lie.

So what did Bush’s lie cost? Over 4,000 troops killed, tens of thousands more wounded (many of them for the rest of their lives) and countless dead Iraqi civilians. Then let’s not forget about the trillions his wars and unfunded tax cuts added to our national debt.

Now they want to act appalled and outraged because President Obama wasn’t completely honest about some Americans being able to keep their old insurance? And the worst thing that happens with that “lie” is that people are now forced to buy more comprehensive health coverage at (for some) a higher premium.

So, in the mind of many Republicans, lying about a war which resulted in over 4,000 brave American soldiers being sent to their deaths is acceptable, but neglecting to be completely detailed about the ability for some Americans to be allowed to keep their current health insurance—that is a horrific lie!

Maybe Republicans might want to take a step back and a deep breath. Because while Obama misleading Americans about their health insurance is inexcusable, at least he didn’t lie about the pretense for war that resulted in the death of over 4,000 Americans.

Which is exactly what the president they voted for twice did."

Some people need to take seats and be quiet.- poet

So your goal is to be deemed no worse than republicans? Gotta have a dream.:)

Really? And your dream is imagining yourself as Fredo from the Godfather, who was assassinated on the command of Michael for being a dick??????????????????
Something is radically wrong when someone labels himself as : AssHatZombie Mind Pretzel Biting Fly
You have to be doing drugs. And I don't talk to druggies anymore. Ciao.

I can handle things! I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!

http://www.forwardprogressives.com/...hould-really-calm-down-a-bit-about-obamacare/

"Anyone who follows my writing knows that I believe Republicans are some of the most hypocritical individuals on the planet. But they’re not strictly limited to hypocrisy. I find many times they completely contradict themselves and often reek of irony.

One such example of their irony (and hypocrisy) is their “outrage” about the fact that some Americans won’t be allowed to keep their current health insurance (because it doesn’t meet the minimum standards established under the Affordable Care Act) despite the fact that President Obama said they would be able to.

Well, President Obama misspoke. Did he lie? I guess some might say he did, but I just don’t see it that way. He simply didn’t include the phrase, “If your current plan meets the basic requirements under the new healthcare law.” The requirements weren’t hidden, so by him omitting that phrase it meant each individual would have had to inquire with their health insurance provide themselves to find out the sustainability of their current insurance plan.

However, for Republicans to say that a president not being fully honest about something is deplorable and condemnable is absolutely astounding.
The party of President George W. Bush — I’m sure everyone remembers him. The man who started a war on the promise that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. Otherwise known as “WMD’s.”

Their president took our nation to war on the pretense that we were going to find stockpiles of dangerous weapons which posed a gigantic threat to the United States and our allies. He promised us that Iraq was a threat to our freedom and was a breeding ground for terrorism.

Which, of course, were all absolute lies.

Iraq never had any weapons of mass destruction. Iraq was never a real threat to the United States. And if you want to talk about a breeding ground for terrorism, that’s what Iraq has turned into since our invasion. And I’m just talking about his lies about WMD’s in Iraq — I haven’t even touched on the fact that Bush promised us his tax cuts would balance our budget and bring us to economic prosperity.

Then let’s not forget about his little flight suit spectacle (paid for by taxpayer money, by the way) where he declared “Mission Accomplished” — which was another lie.

So what did Bush’s lie cost? Over 4,000 troops killed, tens of thousands more wounded (many of them for the rest of their lives) and countless dead Iraqi civilians. Then let’s not forget about the trillions his wars and unfunded tax cuts added to our national debt.

Now they want to act appalled and outraged because President Obama wasn’t completely honest about some Americans being able to keep their old insurance? And the worst thing that happens with that “lie” is that people are now forced to buy more comprehensive health coverage at (for some) a higher premium.

So, in the mind of many Republicans, lying about a war which resulted in over 4,000 brave American soldiers being sent to their deaths is acceptable, but neglecting to be completely detailed about the ability for some Americans to be allowed to keep their current health insurance—that is a horrific lie!

Maybe Republicans might want to take a step back and a deep breath. Because while Obama misleading Americans about their health insurance is inexcusable, at least he didn’t lie about the pretense for war that resulted in the death of over 4,000 Americans.

Which is exactly what the president they voted for twice did."

Some people need to take seats and be quiet.- poet
You are insinuating that President Obama lied to the American People, butt that it is ok because he is your first Black President and his sheet does not stink. As far as readers following your posts, you follow my posts all the time almost like a stalker. I am only replying to your post because of the feeble responce you have gotten so far, I actually feel sorry for your ass.

Look at this post of yours, it is a rather weak post, and it also shows me that you can probably only write worth a sheet when you do your jive ass poetry, not talk politics. You continually revert back to your street corner thug talk, what else is new, when someone gets to you like I just did here.....Touche' MFer, I'm way late, gots to go...

[h=2]Until We Find ONE WMD in Iraq, Republicans Should Really Calm Down About “Obamacare"...[/h] poet

Other than the pinheads in denial, do you think we'll all forget these claims by Democrats all whining about Saddam and WMD...long before Bush was elected..???

“[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq’s refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs.” — From a letter signed by Joe Lieberman, Dianne Feinstein, Barbara A. Milulski, Tom Daschle, & John Kerry among others on October 9, 1998

“This December will mark three years since United Nations inspectors last visited Iraq. There is no doubt that since that time, Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to refine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer- range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies.” — From a December 6, 2001 letter signed by Bob Graham, Joe Lieberman, Harold Ford, & Tom Lantos among others

“Whereas Iraq has consistently breached its cease-fire agreement between Iraq and the United States, entered into on March 3, 1991, by failing to dismantle its weapons of mass destruction program, and refusing to permit monitoring and verification by United Nations inspections; Whereas Iraq has developed weapons of mass destruction, including chemical and biological capabilities, and has made positive progress toward developing nuclear weapons capabilities” — From a joint resolution submitted by Tom Harkin and Arlen Specter on July 18, 2002

“Saddam’s goal … is to achieve the lifting of U.N. sanctions while retaining and enhancing Iraq’s weapons of mass destruction programs. We cannot, we must not and we will not let him succeed.” — Madeline Albright, 1998

“(Saddam) will rebuild his arsenal of weapons of mass destruction and some day, some way, I am certain he will use that arsenal again, as he has 10 times since 1983″ — National Security Adviser Sandy Berger, Feb 18, 1998

“Iraq made commitments after the Gulf War to completely dismantle all weapons of mass destruction, and unfortunately, Iraq has not lived up to its agreement.” — Barbara Boxer, November 8, 2002

“The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retained some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capability. Intelligence reports also indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons, but has not yet achieved nuclear capability.” — Robert Byrd, October 2002

“There’s no question that Saddam Hussein is a threat… Yes, he has chemical and biological weapons. He’s had those for a long time. But the United States right now is on a very much different defensive posture than we were before September 11th of 2001… He is, as far as we know, actively pursuing nuclear capabilities, though he doesn’t have nuclear warheads yet. If he were to acquire nuclear weapons, I think our friends in the region would face greatly increased risks as would we.” — Wesley Clark on September 26, 2002

“What is at stake is how to answer the potential threat Iraq represents with the risk of proliferation of WMD. Baghdad’s regime did use such weapons in the past. Today, a number of evidences may lead to think that, over the past four years, in the absence of international inspectors, this country has continued armament programs.” — Jacques Chirac, October 16, 2002

“The community of nations may see more and more of the very kind of threat Iraq poses now: a rogue state with weapons of mass destruction, ready to use them or provide them to terrorists. If we fail to respond today, Saddam and all those who would follow in his footsteps will be emboldened tomorrow.” — Bill Clinton in 1998

You are insinuating that President Obama lied to the American People, butt that it is ok because he is your first Black President and his sheet does not stink. As far as readers following your posts, you follow my posts all the time almost like a stalker. I am only replying to your post because of the feeble responce you have gotten so far, I actually feel sorry for your ass.

Look at this post of yours, it is a rather weak post, and it also shows me that you can probably only write worth a sheet when you do your jive ass poetry, not talk politics. You continually revert back to your street corner thug talk, what else is new, when someone gets to you like I just did here.....Touche' MFer, I'm way late, gots to go...

I see no 'jive talk', I thought the post was well written and to the point. Points which you don't understand or are too embarrassed to talk about. Or maybe your memory from 2000 -2008 is down the memory hole, or maybe your conditioning won't let you remember the boatload of lies that got us into Iraq.

If his post is 'rather weak' please say why you think it's weak. Why don't you tell us about those WMD's that were n-e-s-w from Bagdad like Cheney said. Tell us why you believed the Bush was not lying. Come on 'talk politics' don't just sit there like a old woman and bitch.

Absolutely, and fight comes with it. Bitch please. I dismiss you, ev'ry single day. Please ignore me, as I do you. I care not for your opinions or insight. You're like a flushed toilet.

I keep reading through those quotes, but I can never find one that calls for the invasion of Iraq.

Weird.

They called on doing something....taking some action...they called for war....but that had to wait until a MAN finally decided to make a commitment and asked Congress for
permission to take definitive military action....course, you already know that....

"to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes"...............thats called WAR, attacking another sovereign country is undeniably going to war
just like dropping an atomic bomb on them is war .... you don't need 'boots' on the ground to define war....killing another counry's citizens by any means is war.
course, you already know that, too.

but then, thats not the point of the thread...the point is talk of WMD and it's undeniable where the talk of WMD came from years and years before GW
came on the scene and continued until Congress voted to act.

you already know that, too.

Now spin away....show us your deep obsession with that ....that.....that certain word.

Bush lied when he said that "there is no doubt that Saddam has stockpiles of WMD's"

nothing any Bush butt lickers can ever say will change that fact.

and Nova knows that a majority of democrats elected to our congress voted against the Use of Force Resolution.

He hates to admit it, however.

and Nova knows that a majority of democrats elected to our congress voted against the Use of Force Resolution.

He hates to admit it, however.

And you know that is quite irrelevant......you see, the House and Senate may vote as separate units, but each unit votes as one, not as separate parties....and getting the majority vote in EACH, the WAR RESOLUTION passed.

and thats with a Senate controlled by the Democrats where the MAJORITY of Dems. vote YEA.

President Bill Clinton (D)
Vice President Al Gore (D)
Sec. of State Madeline Albright (D)
Nat. Sec. Adviser Sandy Berger (D)
Sen. Hillary Clinton (D)
Sen. Bob Graham (D)
Sen. Carl Levin (D)
Sen. Tom Daschle (D)
Sen. John Kerry (D)
Sen. Ted Kennedy (D)
Sen. Robert Byrd (D)
Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D)
Rep. Henry Waxman (D)
Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D)
All told us for years, that Saddam had WMD's.......but when G. Bush said the same thing, he lied.......:whoa:that logic is astonishing....

They called on doing something....taking some action...they called for war....but that had to wait until a MAN finally decided to make a commitment and asked Congress for
permission to take definitive military action....course, you already know that....

"to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes"...............thats called WAR, attacking another sovereign country is undeniably going to war
just like dropping an atomic bomb on them is war .... you don't need 'boots' on the ground to define war....killing another counry's citizens by any means is war.
course, you already know that, too.

but then, thats not the point of the thread...the point is talk of WMD and it's undeniable where the talk of WMD came from years and years before GW
came on the scene and continued until Congress voted to act.

you already know that, too.

Now spin away....show us your deep obsession with that ....that.....that certain word.

It doesn't take a "MAN" to send other people to die unnecessarily. I don't see many "MEN" saying "bring 'em on!" when they're thousands of miles from harm's way.

You poor, misguided Bush worshipper.

It doesn't take a "MAN" to send other people to die unnecessarily. I don't see many "MEN" saying "bring 'em on!" when they're thousands of miles from harm's way.

You poor, misguided Bush worshipper.

Well, you don't know much about men or even being a man for that matter......You've gone from Clinton to Obama....so.......
just avoid drafts and 'drone' on, pun intended.

Back