Trump's disastrous first military strike had previously been rejected by Obama

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-...-trumps-first-counter-terror-op-was-undertake

[h=1]Leaked Military Official Comments Claim Trump's First Counter-Terror Op Was "Undertaken Without Sufficient Intel... Backup Prep"[/h]The trouble with Trump is that this administration has so many dumpster fires the news can't cover them all sufficiently.

I keep thinking of the outrage though if this had been Clinton or Obama

I'm all for you burying your head in the sand. For your protection and ours.
 
"they also killed the regional head of whatever terror group they were targetting." t #49 3:10PM

And yet I've listened to the 4:PM radio news, and while they reported neutralizing a senior member of a targeted organization is frequently reported, that no such report has been received from the U.S. federal government yet, in this matter. They killed a terrorist? EXCELLENT! Please post the name.

Thanks.
 
Questions rise about Trump-ordered raid in Yemen
The Hill - ‎3 hours ago‎

The first military operation ordered by President Trump may have resulted in as many as 30 civilian deaths and the killing of an American operative, according to several reports questioning the intelligence behind the raid in Yemen.

TRANSIENT source: https://news.google.com/news?vanilla=1

there are no civilians in a house full of terrorist leaders.......
 
"there are no civilians in a house full of terrorist leaders..." PP #64

The speed of light is only the speed limit for the group velocity of the wave. The phase velocity can be anything.

OK
Now it's your turn to say something utterly irrelevant again.
 
"there are no civilians in a house full of terrorist leaders..." PP #64

The speed of light is only the speed limit for the group velocity of the wave. The phase velocity can be anything.

OK
Now it's your turn to say something utterly irrelevant again.
if you want to continue the discussion, use the quote function......
 
The military said the operation was geared toward collecting as much intelligence on the terror group as possible in order to facilitate future raids and strikes against al Qaeda down the road and prevent terror attacks.

The raid was greenlit by President Donald Trump shortly after taking the oath of office, but multiple officials told CNN the mission had been planned months in advance and had been briefed to then-President Barack Obama.

Both defense and Obama administration officials said the operation was never vetoed by Obama and that "operational reasons" were why it was pushed back after January 20 and why Obama left the task of authorizing the raid to his successor.

Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula has a horrifying history of hiding women and children within militant operating areas and terrorist camps, and continuously shows a callous disregard for innocent lives," US Col. John J. Thomas, a spokesman for Central Command, said in the statement. "That's what makes cases like these so especially tragic."
The challenges of military operations in Yemen were on display in 2014, when US commandos attempted to rescue western hostages, including American journalist Luke Sommers, held by the terror group. That operation was similarly detected by al Qaeda fighters and the hostages were fatally shot during the raid.
In the latest operation, US Marines aboard the USS Makin Island in the Gulf of Aden were standing by to assist and multiple MV-22 Osprey aircraft were sent to rendezvous with the Navy SEALs and help evacuate the wounded.
But one of the Osprey's suffered a technical malfunction at the landing zone and was forced to make a "hard-landing," which resulted in three US service members being injured, none of them seriously. The aircraft was deemed unrecoverable and the military conducted an airstrike to destroy the Osprey in order to prevent its technology from falling into enemy hands.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/01/politics/us-raid-yemen/
 
the raid over the weekend revealed the shortcomings of secretive military operations in Yemen. The United States was forced to withdraw the last 125 Special Operations advisers from the country in March 2015 after Houthi rebels ousted the government of President Abdu Rabbu Mansour Hadi, the Americans’ main counterterrorism partner.

The loss of Yemen as a base for American counterterrorism training, advising and intelligence-gathering was a significant blow to blunting the advance of Al Qaeda’s branch in the country and keeping tabs on their plots. The Pentagon has tried to start rebuilding its counterterrorism operations in Yemen, however; last year, American Special Operations forces helped Emirati troops evict Qaeda fighters from the port city of Mukalla.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/01/...trump-yemen-commando-raid-questions.html?_r=0
 
Back
Top