Trump As Always - It's a Rigged System Unless I Win

martin

"Former President Donald J. Trump has baselessly and publicly cast doubt about the fairness of the 2024 election about once a day, on average, since he announced his candidacy for president, according to an analysis by The New York Times.

Though the tactic is familiar — Mr. Trump raised the specter of a “rigged” election in the 2016 and 2020 cycles, too — his attempts to undermine the 2024 contest are a significant escalation.

“This is a rigged deal, just as the 2020 election was rigged, and we can’t let them get away with it,” Mr. Trump said on Nov. 18, 2022, three days after announcing his 2024 candidacy. His comments were in response to Attorney General Merrick B. Garland’s appointment of a special counsel to supervise the Justice Department’s criminal investigations related to the events leading up to the Jan. 6 riot and Mr. Trump’s decision to keep classified documents at his Florida resort.

By last summer, Mr. Trump had honed the language and made it a staple of his stump speech: “They rigged the presidential election of 2020, and we’re not going to allow them to rig the presidential election of 2024.”

The Times has documented more than 500 campaign events, social media posts and interviews during the 2024 cycle in which Mr. Trump falsely accused Democrats or others of trying to “rig,” “cheat,” “steal” or otherwise “influence” the next election — or of having done so in 2020.

Mr. Trump has adapted the specifics of his accusations with each of the three election cycles. But in each case, his pattern of discourse has followed the same contours. He sows doubt about the legitimacy of the election, and then begins to capitalize on that doubt by alluding to not necessarily accepting the election results — unless, of course, he wins.

This rhetorical strategy — heads, I win; tails, you cheated — is a beloved one for Mr. Trump that predates even his time as a presidential candidate. He called the Emmy Awards “a con game” after his television show “The Apprentice” failed to win in 2004 and 2005. And before he officially became the Republican presidential nominee in 2016, he began to float the possibility that the primary contest was, as he said, “rigged and boss controlled.”

By May of that year, Mr. Trump spoke plainly about why he had stashed the argument away. “You’ve been hearing me say it’s a rigged system,” he said, “but now I don’t say it anymore because I won.”

"Former President Donald J. Trump has baselessly and publicly cast doubt about the fairness of the 2024 election about once a day, on average, since he announced his candidacy for president, according to an analysis by The New York Times.

Though the tactic is familiar — Mr. Trump raised the specter of a “rigged” election in the 2016 and 2020 cycles, too — his attempts to undermine the 2024 contest are a significant escalation.

“This is a rigged deal, just as the 2020 election was rigged, and we can’t let them get away with it,” Mr. Trump said on Nov. 18, 2022, three days after announcing his 2024 candidacy. His comments were in response to Attorney General Merrick B. Garland’s appointment of a special counsel to supervise the Justice Department’s criminal investigations related to the events leading up to the Jan. 6 riot and Mr. Trump’s decision to keep classified documents at his Florida resort.

By last summer, Mr. Trump had honed the language and made it a staple of his stump speech: “They rigged the presidential election of 2020, and we’re not going to allow them to rig the presidential election of 2024.”

The Times has documented more than 500 campaign events, social media posts and interviews during the 2024 cycle in which Mr. Trump falsely accused Democrats or others of trying to “rig,” “cheat,” “steal” or otherwise “influence” the next election — or of having done so in 2020.

Mr. Trump has adapted the specifics of his accusations with each of the three election cycles. But in each case, his pattern of discourse has followed the same contours. He sows doubt about the legitimacy of the election, and then begins to capitalize on that doubt by alluding to not necessarily accepting the election results — unless, of course, he wins.

This rhetorical strategy — heads, I win; tails, you cheated — is a beloved one for Mr. Trump that predates even his time as a presidential candidate. He called the Emmy Awards “a con game” after his television show “The Apprentice” failed to win in 2004 and 2005. And before he officially became the Republican presidential nominee in 2016, he began to float the possibility that the primary contest was, as he said, “rigged and boss controlled.”

By May of that year, Mr. Trump spoke plainly about why he had stashed the argument away. “You’ve been hearing me say it’s a rigged system,” he said, “but now I don’t say it anymore because I won.”
Setting the stage for and sowing the seeds of more violence. And the MAGATs are okay with this. Just imagine if it was Pres. Biden making these statements.

Setting the stage for and sowing the seeds of more violence. And the MAGATs are okay with this. Just imagine if it was Pres. Biden making these statements.
Or anyone making them. Trump seems unique in that ability - the ability to make people resemble puppy dogs. Occasionally one will
pretend to distance himself by saying, "Oh, you don't understand Mr. Trump's humor." But even if "Mr. Trump" had humor, and that was part of it, the speaker didn't distance himself. He remained safely on his leash.

Marty, can you say "President Trump"... did you see the 30-50 thousand people at the Harlem Trump rally?

They were cheering him.

The 2020 elections were rigged, Marty. We both know it.

Poor Marty.
If you watch Fox, “biggest crowd ever,” or Trump, “way bigger than Obama’s inauguration”

In reality, hundreds of bridge and tunnel people migrating in from Pennsylvania, relax “earl,” Trump ain’t going to win N.Y. let alone the Bronx, theatrical event aimed to get the right wing media audience excited

You cannot erase the evidence of election fraud by Democrats. It has been occurring for decades. In 2020, it was sufficient for the election to fault. In 2022, several elections faulted. The DEMOCRATS are ALREADY trying to throw the election.

Denying history won't work.

What would you call tens of millions of unsolicited, unvetted, unverified, illegal mail in ballots?

America is rigged by our abusers, and increasingly folks are waking up and realizing that they have been victimized.

All Hell tends to break out at that point.

What would you call tens of millions of unsolicited, unvetted, unverified, illegal mail in ballots?
I would call them tens of millions of unsolicited, unvetted, unverified, illegal mail in ballots.

No ballots are “solicited”, unvetted and unverified mean the same thing not different things and all mail in ballots are checked aginnst the voter’s registration card which is then marked as having voted. Mail in ballots done legally are legal.

Anything else?

If you are silent when the caged lioness endures years of goading, deprivation , torture and the killing of her cubs by her brutal keepers- then stay silent when she escapes and savages her tormentors.

On October 7, 2023, the Palestinian Sunni Islamist group Hamas (a U.S.-designated foreign terrorist organization, or FTO) led surprise attacks against Israel from the Gaza Strip. More than 1,200 Israelis and foreign nationals (including at least 35 U.S. citizens in Israel) were killed.

Israeli infants were burned alive and beheaded.

The cowards in Hamas are getting what they richly deserve.

On October 7, 2023, the Palestinian Sunni Islamist group Hamas (a U.S.-designated foreign terrorist organization, or FTO) led surprise attacks against Israel from the Gaza Strip. More than 1,200 Israelis and foreign nationals (including at least 35 U.S. citizens in Israel) were killed.

Israeli infants were burned alive and beheaded.

The cowards in Hamas are getting what they richly deserve.

Or anyone making them. Trump seems unique in that ability - the ability to make people resemble puppy dogs. Occasionally one will
pretend to distance himself by saying, "Oh, you don't understand Mr. Trump's humor." But even if "Mr. Trump" had humor, and that was part of it, the speaker didn't distance himself. He remained safely on his leash.
You mean like when Hillary kept calling him a " hacked in" President in a STOLEN election? Like that Marty? LMAO! You lefties and your short memories. It seems you cant remember shit from one day to the next. But I can..... ;)

You mean like when Hillary kept calling him a " hacked in" President in a STOLEN election? Like that Marty? LMAO! You lefties and your short memories. It seems you cant remember shit from one day to the next. But I can..... ;)
Poor Marty must be an ancient.

Much like poor old man Nifty. They can’t remember what they posted an hour ago.

We remember when Hillary challenged the legitimacy of Trump's election. Unlike you nitwits falling for Trump, we just didn't buy it. We also remember Hillary conceding on national television. Nor did we ever made assholes of ourselves with 63 failed lawsuits, or assholes plus criminals of ourselves in storming the Capitol building. Trump's presidency itself was never seriously challenged, only his competence in carrying it out. Anyway, keep laughing your ass off. It's something you've learned to do.

We remember when Hillary challenged the legitimacy of Trump's election. Unlike you nitwits falling for Trump, we just didn't buy it. We also remember Hillary conceding on national television. Nor did we ever made assholes of ourselves with 63 failed lawsuits, or assholes plus criminals of ourselves in storming the Capitol building. Trump's presidency itself was never seriously challenged, only his competence in carrying it out. Anyway, keep laughing your ass off. It's something you've learned to do.
The Hildabeast, wouldn’t even speak to her volunteers in the early morning when she lost to Trump. She sent one of her staff.

Something that you can take to the bank, Marty, she will never, never, never be president. For that I thank the best president in my memory, President Donald Trump.

Do you believe he will do a good job when he is elected in November, Marty?

Back