Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Only conservatives can be too old to be president

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Only men can be too old to be president

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Big Money

Books-Hillary_Clinton.JPEG-00684-198.jpg

People said Ronald Reagan was too old to be president and he was 69 when sworn in.

Not too old, but she is too dishonest to be my president. Of course, that's irrelevant. The last several presidents have been liars, although the current president has raised the bar in that category.

Several factors are different than they were in 1980. First, Secretary Clinton is younger than Reagan was. Second, life expectancy is higher than it was in 80 and 84. Third, women have a longer life expectancy.

Additionally, the public decided it was not an issue for Reagan and elected him twice by landslides, so most did not buy into the idea that Reagan was too old.

She will be old and it should be an issue, but not necessiary a defining one. If she appears vital and healthy I don't think it will be significant. It will make her VP choice all that much more important.

Finally she will be only elected for four year terms, so if she appears too old for the job after 4 years... don't re-elect her like they did Reagan.

Spin away, liberal hypocrites...pretend that Hillary is different...the real reason is the "D" after her name, and it's obvious.

Reagan's strength, demonstrated when he was CA gov, was always hiring the right people. Like Henry J. Kaiser, he knew his own limitations and surrounded himself with good people. Clinton is of the clan that hires stooges, just so they can look smart in comparison. Hillary Clinton is a bad person, and that--not her age--is why she should not be president.

Not too old, but she is too dishonest to be my president. Of course, that's irrelevant. The last several presidents have been liars, although the current president has raised the bar in that category.

You think any politician isn't dishonest in some way or another?

Let me know who you think is honest enough to be president, Diogenes.

Reagan's strength, demonstrated when he was CA gov, was always hiring the right people. Like Henry J. Kaiser, he knew his own limitations and surrounded himself with good people. Clinton is of the clan that hires stooges, just so they can look smart in comparison. Hillary Clinton is a bad person, and that--not her age--is why she should not be president.

reagan was dangerously inept and one of our worst presidents ever. To be sure, hiring the right people is paramount for any president but reagan's detachment was scary.

You think any politician isn't dishonest in some way or another?

Let me know who you think is honest enough to be president, Diogenes.
Your point is well taken. Hillary, though, learned from the master, her husband, and is worse than average. I'd much rather see Ted Cruz or even my Congressman, John Culberson, in the WH. We are being crushed under the weight of welfare plans put into place by crooked politicians trying to save their own souls with our money. 25% Social Security Disability fraud. 40% VA Disability fraud. 44 million on food stamps. $1.5 billion in free cell phones. Section 8 and free luxury housing. Free. Free. Free. The welfare takers are threatening riots on November 1. Enough is enough. Stop now. Hillary will not. She has billions in unearned income. What does she care that our grandchildren will either pay 90% taxes for debt to China or go to war with China over defaulting on debt.

Your point is well taken. Hillary, though, learned from the master, her husband, and is worse than average. I'd much rather see Ted Cruz or even my Congressman, John Culberson, in the WH. We are being crushed under the weight of welfare plans put into place by crooked politicians trying to save their own souls with our money. 25% Social Security Disability fraud. 40% VA Disability fraud. 44 million on food stamps. $1.5 billion in free cell phones. Section 8 and free luxury housing. Free. Free. Free. The welfare takers are threatening riots on November 1. Enough is enough. Stop now. Hillary will not. She has billions in unearned income. What does she care that our grandchildren will either pay 90% taxes for debt to China or go to war with China over defaulting on debt.

Hillary has billions in unearned income? Afraid I'll have to ask for a cite.

I think she is too old. It's time to move from that generation. I hope Booker makes a splash in the senate and becomes the nominee. Heads will explode. It would be even better if it were Michelle, but I don't see it.

The Dem position on the age of candidates seems to be - 1 rule for me, and another for thee...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/04/16/murtha-says-mccain-too-ol_n_96978.html

Back