Timing of shutdown is no accident!

Jarod

Contributor
Does anyone think it's a coincidence that the shutdown is the same day the ACA exchanges open?

Manufactured crisis!

What would be your thoughts if the Democrats refused to keep the government open unless the legislation included a ban on all firearms?

The GOP is grossly misreading the US public. The problem is that you have GOP House reps from districts that are so safely gerrymandered that any sort of compromise will be met with unhappy constituents leading primary challenges from the right. These folks have no motivation to compromise. However, the fact is that though polls show the majority of Americans oppose the ACA those polls also show that the majority of the American public support health care reform and modernization. That a substantial portion of those whom oppose the ACA, like myself, have done so because the believe it is a half measure and does not go far enough in making the needed and required reforms.

In short, the house GOP is going to lose this political gambit. They may wait till Tuesday to cave in and mainly just lose face or they can wait to cave after Oct 1 and lose elections. The ACA is now settled law. Shutting down the government cause a vocal minority opposes a settled matter of law is not how our system of governance works.

Does anyone think it's a coincidence that the shutdown is the same day the ACA exchanges open?

Manufactured crisis!

What would be your thoughts if the Democrats refused to keep the government open unless the legislation included a ban on all firearms?

What would be your thought if the Republicans refused to keep the government open unless the legislation included a ban on all abortions ?

The GOP is grossly misreading the US public. The problem is that you have GOP House reps from districts that are so safely gerrymandered that any sort of compromise will be met with unhappy constituents leading primary challenges from the right. These folks have no motivation to compromise. However, the fact is that though polls show the majority of Americans oppose the ACA those polls also show that the majority of the American public support health care reform and modernization. That a substantial portion of those whom oppose the ACA, like myself, have done so because the believe it is a half measure and does not go far enough in making the needed and required reforms.

In short, the house GOP is going to lose this political gambit. They may wait till Tuesday to cave in and mainly just lose face or they can wait to cave after Oct 1 and lose elections. The ACA is now settled law. Shutting down the government cause a vocal minority opposes a settled matter of law is not how our system of governance works.

There will be no comprimise....Obama has already stated HE WILL NOT negotiate......no matter, Obama friendly media will blame Republicans anyway.

What would be your thought if the Republicans refused to keep the government open unless the legislation included a ban on all abortions ?

Are you arguing the Democrat side now? Cool.

You're right - no one should be threatening the govt funding over non-related issues.

There will be no comprimise....Obama has already stated HE WILL NOT negotiate......no matter, Obama friendly media will blame Republicans anyway.

Why should there be a compromise? there are two totally unrelated issues that the repubs have put together.

There isn't anything to compromise over. The repubs have put an ultimatum on the table. Obama has said no.

As someone mentioned, if the Dems threatened a repub president with not funding the govt unless all guns were banned - would you have the repub president "compromise"?

Manufactured crisis!

Go for it. I want you to. I love it

I saw Dick Durbin on TV this morning, complaining about how the Republicans won't compromise.

So the host asked him; if the GOP compromised on their requested 1 year delay, would the Democrats compromise with a 3 or 6 month delay instead?

Durbin said "no."

Lol. Phony.

Frankly, I'm thinking the GOP wants it to go ahead and are just going very publicly on the record that they tried their best to stop it. Give the Dems total ownership.

Screw your "what if" scenarios, Jarod. Shut the damn government down just because it's raining, I don't care. As far as I'm concerned, if it's shut down it can't do any more damage. You know what they do at the hospital when a patient suffers a severe brain injury? They put them in a "chemically induced coma". I think that would be a good thing for congress right now, at least the senate and particularly that brain dead ass you call a president.

Republicans dont get it.No matter what they do they can not get rid of Obama care.Even if the congress would pass a bill defunding or repealing Obama care,Obama will just veto it.So all the things the republicans to do this they are just a waste of time and money until a new president comes along,and then only if that president is republican.

Republicans dont get it.No matter what they do they can not get rid of Obama care.Even if the congress would pass a bill defunding or repealing Obama care,Obama will just veto it.So all the things the republicans to do this they are just a waste of time and money until a new president comes along,and then only if that president is republican.

Here is a question you tofu eating fuckstick of a liberal. Where is B. Hussein Yobabymamas authority to delay Yobabymamacare?

Come on you smelly fucking dirtbag

Why should there be a compromise? there are two totally unrelated issues that the repubs have put together.

There isn't anything to compromise over. The repubs have put an ultimatum on the table. Obama has said no.

As someone mentioned, if the Dems threatened a repub president with not funding the govt unless all guns were banned - would you have the repub president "compromise"?

Its hardly an unrelated issue....its needs funding...funding in the next budget.

Obama has made the ultimatum....Republicans have said no.

As I mentioned, if Reps threatened a dem president with not funding the govt unless all abortions were banned, would you have the dem pres. 'compromise' ?

(close you left eye and have another look)

Manufactured crisis!

You're such good little Obama butt boy; but what about the claims Senator Ibama made about raising the debt limit which he voted against a few years ago? That it was the result of a failure of leadership?

Does this mean that now it is a sign of leadership? Obama is an incredible failure. A hyper partisan asshole who thinks that he does not have to compromise with ANYONE and who knows he can count on his brain dead sheep like disciples to defend his moronic partisan asshattery no matter what.

He defines the hypocrisy and lie filled deceipt that seems to be built into the DNA of Prigressive Liberal Democrats.

It's official; your a brain dead gullible fool.

Back