The Washington Redskins

Mott the Hoople

Sweet Jane
Now I've certainly have been on record that I don't like that name. I do agree Dan Snyder should have the public courage to change it. Now I've heard the argument that most native Americans don't really care that a football team is called "The Redskins". I do on the principle that the word is a pejorative description of a race of people. Just like nigger, spick, mick, wetback, chink, etc. There are other sports teams that use Native American imagery. The Atlanta Braves, The Cleveland Indians, the Chicago Blackhawks, though marginally better, are not pejorative descriptions. So I don't have a problem with singling out the name. You'd never see a New York Niggers if you see my point.

So to that affect I say "The Redskins" gotta go and that we change the name. Now Snyder would probably be smart to see the writing on the wall and as an act of good faith and good business sense and change the name.

So I say we should come up with some different names for Mr. Snyder's team.

My first choice for a Washington DC football team would be the completely appropriate "Washington Red Tapes".

Now I've certainly have been on record that I don't like that name. I do agree Dan Snyder should have the public courage to change it. Now I've heard the argument that most native Americans don't really care that a football team is called "The Redskins". I do on the principle that the word is a pejorative description of a race of people. Just like nigger, spick, mick, wetback, chink, etc. There are other sports teams that use Native American imagery. The Atlanta Braves, The Cleveland Indians, the Chicago Blackhawks, though marginally better, are not pejorative descriptions. So I don't have a problem with singling out the name. You'd never see a New York Niggers if you see my point.

So to that affect I say "The Redskins" gotta go and that we change the name. Now Snyder would probably be smart to see the writing on the wall and as an act of good faith and good business sense and change the name.

So I say we should come up with some different names for Mr. Snyder's team.

My first choice for a Washington DC football team would be the completely appropriate "Washington Red Tapes".

But since it's Breast Cancer Awareness month, in ILA's honor, we should name them the Washington Pink Tapes

I agree that there should be a name change.

If I were a fan or a player on that team I would be so embarrassed to have the name "Washington" attached to my sports team.

Horseshit we killed all the Indians
Now faux outrage over the name
Fuck that

yup we've gone too far now to turn back.

after you genocide, you gotta follow through with nfl names.

I mean if we didn't it would make the genocide a complete waste. We would have done the whole thing in vain.

Back