The State Department’s entire senior management team just resigned

they all needed to go -
i suppose they got tired of it all, and Medeline Albright's stuff about "becoming a Muslim" made them all butt hurt.

The problem is the Democratic Slow Walk on Cabinet positions ( extreme) - but it will be better in the long run

Good:) Chucky can continue his slow walk, makes him look stupid. Meanwhile the Trump train has left the station moving full steam ahead with Chucky waving bye-bye from the platform.
 
Good:) Chucky can continue his slow walk, makes him look stupid. Meanwhile the Trump train has left the station moving full steam ahead with Chucky waving bye-bye from the platform.
the Dem's are disgusting..slow walks for no reasons
 
The interesting thing will be to see if anyone notices a difference. Suppose no one does ? Let's be sure to cancel pensions etc for the walkout. Actions have consequences.
 
All Trump has done so far is Executive Orders, do you know how easy it is to sign a EO?

He cant even seem to get his Cabinet through a majority Republican Senate.
 
All Trump has done so far is Executive Orders, do you know how easy it is to sign a EO?

He cant even seem to get his Cabinet through a majority Republican Senate.
ROFL..it's not the Republicans who are holding the process

Schumer defends 'a little bit of debate' on Trump Cabinet
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/schumer-trump-cabinet-senate-233994
Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer Sunday defended Democrats' slow-walking of President Donald Trump's Cabinet nominees.
 
Wow, this is big.


These people offered their resignations when Trump was elected, as is protocol for a new president, but the resignations were not accepted.

Today, they all resigned together. It is getting very interesting around here. The apologists will say its not a big deal, or that Trump fired them, simply not true, this is, in my opinion the biggest news story of the week.



https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...rce=huffingtonpost.com&utm_term=.7555b0d506c2

so it's protocol for them to resign when a new president is elected? and now they are leaving like they should be leaving?
 
"Of the officers whose resignations were accepted, some will continue in the Foreign Service in other positions and others will retire by choice or because they have exceeded the time limits of their grade in service," said a statement by acting State Department spokesman Mark Toner.
And
"This is not unusual, it's not a mass protest or a show of indignation," said one senior U.S. official.
 
"Of the officers whose resignations were accepted, some will continue in the Foreign Service in other positions and others will retire by choice or because they have exceeded the time limits of their grade in service," said a statement by acting State Department spokesman Mark Toner.
And
"This is not unusual, it's not a mass protest or a show of indignation," said one senior U.S. official.

wow jarod looks fucking stupid now lol
 
This story has been updated. From CNN. Certainly no friend of Trump:

Trump administration asks top State Department officials to leave

Washington (CNN)Two senior administration officials said Thursday that the Trump administration told four top State Department management officials that their services were no longer needed as part of an effort to "clean house" at Foggy Bottom.
Patrick Kennedy, who served for nine years as the undersecretary for management, Assistant Secretaries for Administration and Consular Affairs Joyce Anne Barr and Michele Bond, and Ambassador Gentry Smith, director of the Office for Foreign Missions, were sent letters by the White House that their service was no longer required, the sources told CNN.

All four, career officers serving in positions appointed by the President, submitted letters of resignation per tradition at the beginning of a new administration.

The letters from the White House said that their resignations were accepted and they were thanked for their service.

The White House usually asks career officials in such positions to stay on for a few months until their successors are confirmed.
"Any implication that that these four people quit is wrong," one senior State Department official said. "These people are loyal to the secretary, the President and to the State Department. There is just not any attempt here to dis the President. People are not quitting and running away in disgust. This is the White House cleaning house."
Mark Toner, the State Department's acting spokesman, said in a statement that "These positions are political appointments, and require the President to nominate and the Senate to confirm them in these roles. They are not career appointments but of limited term." More: http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/26/politics/top-state-department-officials-asked-to-leave-by-trump-administration/index.html
 
"Of the officers whose resignations were accepted, some will continue in the Foreign Service in other positions and others will retire by choice or because they have exceeded the time limits of their grade in service," said a statement by acting State Department spokesman Mark Toner.
And
"This is not unusual, it's not a mass protest or a show of indignation," said one senior U.S. official.


HAHAHAHA! AKA Kelly Anne Conway! AKA known liar!
 
Seriously just two served under both administrations, and all one needs to do to understand this scurry of the rats is read the three bolded paragraphs.


WASHINGTON – A number of senior career diplomats are leaving the State Department after the Trump administration accepted their resignations from presidentially appointed positions.
The State Department said Thursday that several senior management officials as well as a top arms control diplomat would be leaving. All had submitted their resignations prior to Donald Trump's January 20 inauguration as is required of officials holding jobs appointed by thepresident. They were not required to leave the foreign service but chose to retire or resign for personal reasons, the department said.

While none of the officials has linked his or her departure explicitly to Trump, many diplomats have privately expressed concern about serving in his administration given the unorthodox positions he's taken on many foreign policy issues.


Turnover among senior leadership during presidential transitions is not unusual, although the career diplomats who are leaving the foreign service entirely had served under both Republican and Democratic presidents.

More resignations are expected to be accepted as Trump's diplomatic team takes shape, according to the officials who were not authorized to discuss personnel matters publicly and spoke on condition of anonymity. The now vacant jobs will be filled by subordinates on an acting basis until their full-time appointments are named, the officials said.

Among those whose resignations have been accepted are Thomas Countryman, who had been serving as the acting undersecretary of state for arms control and international security. Others include Undersecretary for Management Patrick F. Kennedy; two assistant secretaries, Joyce Barr and Michele Bond; and Gentry Smith, who directs the Office of Foreign Missions. They had been willing to remain at their posts but had no expectation of staying, according to several State Department officials familiar with the resignations.
Other senior career diplomats to have left the State Department since Trump's election include Victoria Nuland, the former assistant secretary for European and Eurasian Affairs, and Gregory Starr, the assistant secretary for diplomatic security. Starr retired on Inauguration Day as did Lydia Muniz, a non-career political appointee who had run Overseas Building Operations.

Trump has yet to fill many top diplomatic jobs, including the deputy secretary roles. His nominee to be secretary of state, Rex Tillerson, is expected to be confirmed by the Senate next week.

Kennedy was relied upon by both Democrats and Republicans. He was tapped for the undersecretary post in 2007 by President George W. Bush and stayed on throughout President Barack Obama's term. His position oversees the department's budget and finances, security, global facilities and consular services.

Kennedy, a diplomat since 1973, was criticized for the department's insufficient security at the diplomatic post in Benghazi, Libya, where four Americans were killed in 2012. In testy congressional hearings, Kennedy defended then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's handling of the situation and insisted there was no "stand down" order to the U.S. military during the attack.

Bureau records also showed Kennedy asked for the FBI's help in 2015 to change the classification level of an email from Clinton's private server. The FBI ultimately rejected the request.
 
Back
Top