The best map of the US to understand race.

where there it a separation of the population by color you get racism.

Guess what that means?

When you don't race mix you get racism.

When you do race mix people stop being racist pieces of fuck

Tell us how the map works to better our understanding. I don't understand your point, or even see a point to this assertion

If you cant look at these maps and understand the cities which are integrated are less prejudice then there is nothing to teach that you are capable of understanding

from the article in the op -
In the Midwest, though, the racial divide can be shockingly exact. In Chicago, bands of whites, blacks, and Latinos radiate out from the city center like sun beams. In St. Louis, a buffer of a few blocks separates a vast area of largely black citizens from another of white and Asian ones. In Detroit, the most segregated city in America according to one recent study, there’s no buffer at all. We see how 8 Mile Road serves as the dividing line between two largely homogenous swaths–one predominantly white and one predominantly black.

This sure sounds familiar; that's how it was when I was growing up in the midwest, with a few exceptions. I had a co-worker who mentioned she lived in a certain part of town, and how it was diverse; I started to cringe, because this was in St. Louis, which is very racist; I was waiting for her to come out with some racist comment about her neighborhood. Instead she said "we chose that neighborhood BECAUSE of the diversity". What a nice relief! Tells you something about St. Louis that I was expecting to hear something different... (I lived in St. Louis for two years while going to school.)

In KC, we knew the roads the marked the change from white neighborhood to black neighborhood... how weird that seems now. I imagine it's still that way though.

If you cant look at these maps and understand the cities which are integrated are less prejudice then there is nothing to teach that you are capable of understanding

Surely you can explain it? What is the metric you use to determine levels of prejudice? It's not clear. Is having a Chinatown district in a city racist? And why do you immediately become hostile? Your simplistic assertion in the OP that separation is the root cause of racism seems to be a cart before the horse. Racism leads to separation, not the other way around. Simply integrating people does not ensure they will find commonalities. It is a hopeful byproduct of such, but it's not guaranteed

Yeah, I'm not following either how this map shows or proves racism. For example Asians make up around 6% of the U.S. population (I believe). I live in San Francisco where Asians make up half of the city's population. Does that mean I like Asians more than someone who lives in a part of the country where there are very few of them? Look at a City like L.A. By the numbers L.A. is relatively diverse yet the neighborhoods in LA are very segregated. Does that make them all racist?

are you going to pretend the places shown on the maps with racial divide are NOT the most racists places shown?

And have you info on whether the study accounted for income disparity?
Certain neighborhoods are priced out of reach of lower earning households. Does that mean it was racism that caused lower earning households to cluster in neighborhoods they can afford?

seriously, this says less about race than you think.

from the article in the op -

This sure sounds familiar; that's how it was when I was growing up in the midwest, with a few exceptions. I had a co-worker who mentioned she lived in a certain part of town, and how it was diverse; I started to cringe, because this was in St. Louis, which is very racist; I was waiting for her to come out with some racist comment about her neighborhood. Instead she said "we chose that neighborhood BECAUSE of the diversity". What a nice relief! Tells you something about St. Louis that I was expecting to hear something different... (I lived in St. Louis for two years while going to school.)

In KC, we knew the roads the marked the change from white neighborhood to black neighborhood... how weird that seems now. I imagine it's still that way though.

8 Mile hasn't been a dividing line for at least 20 years now. The closest thing to a 'dividing line' is 10 Mile, but not even that. 8 Mile is just the road that separate Detroit proper from Detroit actual.

Back