The 634 million dollar website: Coming soon! Don't miss it!

tinfoil

Banned
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/godandthemachine/2013/10/healthcare-gov-in-three-images/

Ouch. More than 5 times the estimated cost and it doesn't even work well. I read the page loads 56 javascript scripts via HTTP request. I would guess whoever coded it was using jquery.js and require.js. Both make it easy to update without having to recode the html, but that stuff is intended for sites with constantly changing data. Healthcare.gov should have had the javascript written into the html so 56 requests to load additional scripts could have been avoided.

LOL.

Who's dumber?

Obama or the people who voted for him twice?

2512911498_obama_is_a_dunce.jpeg
FOD+dunce.jpg

I don't blame Obama for the mess. I blame government culture of waste. Every government job is an opportunity to pad the bill and ensure job security through incompetent delivery or structuring.

I don't blame Obama for the mess. I blame government culture of waste. Every government job is an opportunity to pad the bill and ensure job security through incompetent delivery or structuring.

I blame him.

He picked the team that fucked the whole thing up at the upper level and spent days denying there was anything wrong excpt"too much popularity".

Turns out the sites couldn't even handle the hits Medicare Part D did.

Drudge has a link to the registration.js file and it is huge. Tons of handrolled jquery mixin functions but it uses jquery's HTTPrequest functions instead of require.js.
Coding was readable, so that's a plus. They should not be doing lazy loading on a page like this. Write the scripts onto the html page and stop with jquery requests for scripts that are the same for everyone visiting the page. There is no wisdom in waiting to load these resources until you have data that can be lost. The data transfer request should be one direction only. There's no good reason to wait until the apply button is hit to load more javascript resources.

The page displays errors that hackers use to gain entry. I seriously would avoid this website. It seems absurd to me that they would get the simple stuff so very wrong and at the same time get all the security right. This is a nightmare and will absolutely lead to identity theft increases...

My theory: Obama and Democrats are ecstatic about the shutdown because it distracts from this dismal rollout of the ACA.

6622ffa607ed4627cdf20fb34343092d.jpeg

After emergency repairs over the weekend of Oct. 5, consumers in different parts of the country on continue to report delays on healthcare.gov, as well as problems setting up security questions for their accounts.

http://www.alaskajournal.com/Alaska-Journal-of-Commerce/October-Issue-2-2013/Insurance-exchange-glitches-fatal-or-fleeting/

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/godandthemachine/2013/10/healthcare-gov-in-three-images/

Ouch. More than 5 times the estimated cost and it doesn't even work well. I read the page loads 56 javascript scripts via HTTP request. I would guess whoever coded it was using jquery.js and require.js. Both make it easy to update without having to recode the html, but that stuff is intended for sites with constantly changing data. Healthcare.gov should have had the javascript written into the html so 56 requests to load additional scripts could have been avoided.

Even The Blaze says that's false.

Rumor Check: Obamacare Website Might Be Glitchy, But It Didn’t Cost $634 Million

Oct. 10, 2013 2:44pm Liz Klimas

While the federal website to signup for Obamacare was riddled with errors and had a rocky rollout, it didn’t cost $634 million to build. The eye-popping supposed pricetag gained traction Thursday after technology website Digital Trends compared it to the estimate released by the government contractor, which was $541 million less.

CGI Federal announced in 2011 that it had been awarded a $93.7 million contract with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services to build the federal health insurance exchange, healthcare.gov, which formally launched on Oct. 1, 2013. Digital Trends called the $93.7 million estimate a “chunk of change, but nothing near where it apparently ended up.”

But an official at CGI told TheBlaze those saying the federal heath insurance exchange cost $634 million are incorrect. The official said this figure includes all of the company’s contracts for a Health and Human Services Department program over the last seven years, covering 114 transactions. The cost of building healthcare.gov was issued under this contract.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...ght-be-glitchy-but-it-didnt-cost-634-million/

One of the most striking differences between a cat and a lie is that a cat has only nine lives. (Mark Twain)

Ever read his story about cats that he wrote for his daughters?

No, what's the name of it?

I have volume one of the autobiography that came out in 2010, but haven't read it yet.

Back