The 10 Most Popular College Majors for Millionaires

The Dude

Banned
The 10 Most Popular College Majors for Millionaires

More millionaires have degrees in engineering than any other subject, according to a new study from WealthInsight.
As reported by the New Statesman, the study highlights the 10 most popular degrees that millionaires around the world hold, both for undergraduate and graduate studies. While most of the subjects listed are "obvious," they note, "few of these degrees turn out to be vocational — most engineering graduates, for example, are not engineers but entrepreneurs."
However, when only examining graduate degrees, MBAs rise to the top of the list — 12.8% of the millionaires WealthInsight looked at have one.
The top 10 degrees that millionaires earn:
Engineering
MBA
Economics
Law
Business Administration
Commerce
Accounting
Computer Science
Finance
Politics
And here's just for graduate degrees:
MBA
Law
Engineering
Economics
Finance
Management
Computer Science
Medicine
Accounting
Mathematics

Yea...I knew I probably would never become a millionaire when I went into the environmental field...but that's ahight. I'm doing well. :)

Malcom Gladwell said:
“The lesson here is very simple. But it is striking how often it is overlooked. We are so caught in the myths of the best and the brightest and the self-made that we think outliers spring naturally from the earth. We look at the young Bill Gates and marvel that our world allowed that thirteen-year-old to become a fabulously successful entrepreneur. But that's the wrong lesson. Our world only allowed one thirteen-year-old unlimited access to a time sharing terminal in 1968. If a million teenagers had been given the same opportunity, how many more Microsofts would we have today?”

Unfortunately, The Dude, actual provable history disagrees with you.

Back