teen birth rate drops 60 percent in Cali

evince

Truthmatters
http://now.msn.com/california-teen-birth-rate-drops-by-60-percent-thanks-to-sex-ed

California teens get A in sex-ed, birth rate drops 60 percent
6 hrs ago

California's teen birth rate is the lowest it's been in 20 years, and it's a safe bet that teenagers are not having any less sex. A recent California state report showed that at 28 births for every 1,000 teenage girls, the teen birth rate has dropped an astonishing 60 percent from its 1991 peak of 70.9 births for every 1,000 girls. Public health experts attribute the drop to state laws that require comprehensive sex-education in all public schools, including both information about abstinence and instructions on proper contraceptive use. Good to know that the old banana + condom lesson has still got it

Last edited:
How long has sex education been going on in the schools? I remember it going back to 1973 and the teen birth rate is just now starting to drop? I don't think so. I think it's a function of the sorry-assed obamaconomy, especially in California. How is the abortion rate out there? Up or down? Hopefully, the guys are wrapping their bananas like they were taught in class, or the ladies are popping the pills, because at least the little dumbasses aren't reproducing. It is simply a matter of economics, nobody is being "empowered", but everybody IS going broke.

also from the data....the first number is California live births to teen mothers, the second number is California abortions for teen mothers....

2006 562431 80647
2007 566388 80069
2008 551592 85843
2009 527020 88466
2010 510198 93542

interesting, according to the data, 73.8% of teen births in California were to Hispanics....

I believe 50% of babies in the U.S. are born to non white parents (two white parents).

Hispanics are soon to be the largest "group" in California surpassing whites. I think they call it a minority majority.

http://now.msn.com/california-teen-birth-rate-drops-by-60-percent-thanks-to-sex-ed

California teens get A in sex-ed, birth rate drops 60 percent
6 hrs ago

California's teen birth rate is the lowest it's been in 20 years, and it's a safe bet that teenagers are not having any less sex. A recent California state report showed that at 28 births for every 1,000 teenage girls, the teen birth rate has dropped an astonishing 60 percent from its 1991 peak of 70.9 births for every 1,000 girls. Public health experts attribute the drop to state laws that require comprehensive sex-education in all public schools, including both information about abstinence and instructions on proper contraceptive use. Good to know that the old banana + condom lesson has still got it

This is why you are one of the low information voters the Obama regime counts on. First of all there is nothing that can show cause and effect. They are only speculating on the causes. Second, there is a difference between the pregnancy rate and the birth rate. What I would want to know is over this same time frame what is the pregnancy rate and what is the abortion rate and then compare that to the birth rate.

You see my dear Desh, there could be a reduction in the birth rate because there was an increase in the abortion rate. They could have very well had an increase in the teen pregnancy rate, but if they had a greater increase in the abortion rate then the teen birth rate would have still come down.

Now, I know that if the babies were murdered that it is neither here nor there to you and that you have one of the least critical minds I know. But, I thought it would be helpful for others to have a different look at the data.

Go fetch me the abortion rate and pregnancy rate for the same time period so we can compare. Otherwise your data are meaningless.

Don't know why I even bother, but along with teen births in California going down, abortions have ALSO gone down.

http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/sfaa/california.html

and see table 1.3 of this doc:
http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/USTPtrendsState08.pdf

Give it up...you just cannot teach someone something they don't want to hear.

Have you read the "out there" theories the angry Righties have come up with to explain this great news?

You can lead the stupid to information, but you will NEVER get them to accept that the other side was correct all this time.

Give it up...you just cannot teach someone something they don't want to hear.

Have you read the "out there" theories the angry Righties have come up with to explain this great news?

You can lead the stupid to information, but you will NEVER get them to accept that the other side was correct all this time.

For the record, that was sarcasm and I'm not blaming Obama for anything. PMP's chart shows abortion up, though.

Yeah, somebody don't want to hear the facts....might even be Zippy.

interesting, according to the data, 73.8% of teen births in California were to Hispanics....

DTpib.gif

Back