TEA Party Patriots and Science Comprehension - Yale Study (You'll be surprised)

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
The guy doing the study sure was...

"I've got to confess, though, I found this result surprising. As I pushed the button to run the analysis on my computer, I fully expected I'd be shown a modest negative correlation between identifying with the Tea Party and science comprehension."

http://www.culturalcognition.net/bl...on-religiosity-ideology-and-science-comp.html

Do you think this helps explain conflicts over climate change or other forms of decision-relevant science? I don't.

But if you do, then maybe you'll find this interesting. The dataset happened to have an item in it that asked respondents if they considered themselves "part of the Tea Party movement." Nineteen percent said yes.

It turns out that there is about as strong a correlation between scores on the science comprehension scale and identifying with the Tea Party as there is between scores on the science comprehension scale and Conservrepub.

Except that it has the opposite sign: that is, identifying with the Tea Party correlates positively (r = 0.05, p = 0.05) with scores on the science comprehension measure:

tpscic.png

More at link...

they are the corporate whores who will DO ANYTHING to win power.

take a look at what they just did to the country AGAIN!!!

dude they just tried to kill our country from the inside for the second time since they were given a scrap of power by the republican party

Do you need someone to read it for you? You can call the library and explain what your reading disability is and they can arrange to have someone come to your house to read it to you!

Why don't you point out where anything remotely resembling the rants contained in Deshs' threadbombing was reported in the Yale study?

Back