states where the most people go hungry

LOL

"It may surprise some that, in fact, the majority of the 10 states with food access problems have higher-than-average obesity rates."

Sounds like no one is going to starve to death....

An estimated 14.5 million American households had difficulty providing enough food for their families last year, according to a recent government report. In 7 million of those homes, at least one member of the family had to skip meals or eat less because money was tight.

Eat less? That is pretty subjective.

Given that those same states are some of the most obese... something not quite right with your survey.

the states that don't care about their people claim they are the Christian ones

Where does it say they don't care desh? Did you happen to read they are among the poorest of states? Why do you hate the poor?

I think you should get CA to send them more money... steal from the rich to give to the poor and all that... Isn't that the Democrats way?

LOL

"It may surprise some that, in fact, the majority of the 10 states with food access problems have higher-than-average obesity rates."

Sounds like no one is going to starve to death....

But they will suffer all the problems that come with obesity - diabetes, heart issues, etc. So they will die sooner.

They are obese because cheap food is high calorie food in many cases; as the article says
"The lack of healthy food among families in these states," explained Fraser, "is one of the reasons you have very poor people who are obese. It is because they're not able to afford nutritious and high-protein food."

So why do you want poor people to die sooner from low quality food and all the associated problems?

(And PLEASE, Annie - don't weigh in again about how you always made healthy choices on a very low budget and how perfect you and your kids are, ok? Tired of that story. )

But they will suffer all the problems that come with obesity - diabetes, heart issues, etc. So they will die sooner.

They are obese because cheap food is high calorie food in many cases; as the article says

except that is nonsense... you can get cheap food that is good for you. Oatmeal, eggs, protein powder, bananas, lettuce... all inexpensive. Yes, some fruits and some veggies are not cheap when fresh.

The myth that you cannot eat well and inexpensively needs to die.

except that is nonsense... you can get cheap food that is good for you. Oatmeal, eggs, protein powder, bananas, lettuce... all inexpensive. Yes, some fruits and some veggies are not cheap when fresh.

The myth that you cannot eat well and inexpensively needs to die.

God I hate when you start with this stupid shit. You say it over and over. You are such a pompous asshole.

I think that people like you are really amazing. Living a very privileged life, which is fine, but there are people who privilege seems to make immune to empathy. There is no need to congratulate yourself on knowing which healthy foods are inexpensive. I bet you eat plenty of expensive food.

If you were less interested in congratulating yourself on how superior you are, and more interested in understanding others, you might try and envision what it would be like to work two low-paying, back-breaking jobs, or even one long shift as a hotel maid, and then have to stop and buy fresh vegetables or oatmeal and go home and cook it. And how being bone-tired easily induces people to making poor long term choices out of sheer exhaustion.

Further, people like you and I can put off pleasure today for pleasure we expect tomorrow. How easy to forgo a treat today when we know tomorrow we have an event we are looking forward to. A new outfit to buy. A vacation to go on. But when you have very little in the way of daily pleasures, and are exhausted to boot, a fucking big mac and fries is a very understandable choice to make for dinner.

Shorter me: Just shut up, please.

God I hate when you start with this stupid shit. You say it over and over. You are such a pompous asshole.

LMAO... for dispelling a myth? Ok Darla...

I think that people like you are really amazing. Living a very privileged life, which is fine, but there are people who privilege seems to make immune to empathy. There is no need to congratulate yourself on knowing which healthy foods are inexpensive. I bet you eat plenty of expensive food.

It took about 5 seconds to pull up that article. It is not hard. People who pretend it is because healthy food is expensive are simply either buying into a myth or they are idiots. Educating others on the fact that the myth is just that should be something you encourage... not mock. But you are a condescending person who could care less about the well being of others. You just want to talk down to people. Well... as always... go fuck yourself.

If you were less interested in congratulating yourself on how superior you are, and more interested in understanding others, you might try and envision what it would be like to work two low-paying, back-breaking jobs, or even one long shift as a hotel maid, and then have to stop and buy fresh vegetables or oatmeal and go home and cook it. And how being bone-tired easily induces people to making poor long term choices out of sheer exhaustion.

ROFLMAO... I am not congratulating myself you ignorant twit. I am interested in dispelling that stupid fucking myth whenever someone spews it forth.

Now you go to tell some sob story about how someone simply doesn't have the time to eat healthy... Which is completely different than saying they can't afford it. You want to continue making excuses for them, because that will allow you to continue looking down on them.

1) You don't have to cook lettuce or most veggies. You can eat them fresh.
2) Oatmeal can be ready in less time than it takes to walk in and order a big mac.

Quit making up bullshit excuses.

Further, people like you and I can put off pleasure today for pleasure we expect tomorrow. How easy to forgo a treat today when we know tomorrow we have an event we are looking forward to. A new outfit to buy. A vacation to go on. But when you have very little in the way of daily pleasures, and are exhausted to boot, a fucking big mac and fries is a very understandable choice to make for dinner.

Oh, so now we have another bullshit excuse????

Now it is because they want something that supposedly 'tastes' better because their lives suck so bad? Like I said, you are simply interested in looking down on them. You are not interested in helping them.

Don't eat that fast food crap for a month... eat healthy instead, then go back and have a big mac... tell me how great that fucking thing tastes to you then.

Shorter me: Just shut up, please.

It is you that needs to shut the fuck up with your bullshit excuses.

Here we have it folks... all these 'caring' liberals making excuses for people not eating healthy. They could care less about the health of the individual. They could care less that obesity is a serious problem. They could care less that is a large part of why our health care costs continue to skyrocket. They just want to make excuses for why people are overweight. Very telling.

Here we have it folks... all these 'caring' liberals making excuses for people not eating healthy. They could care less about the health of the individual. They could care less that obesity is a serious problem. They could care less that is a large part of why our health care costs continue to skyrocket. They just want to make excuses for why people are overweight. Very telling.

Caring is almost always the first adjective so many reach for when describing you.

The Caring White Dude Financial Analyst; How To Eat Healthy on Two Dollars a Day or Less, No More Excuses Fatty!

I hear it's overtaken Tom's Memoirs of a Message Board Washwoman on Amazon!

Back