Should the President innitiate a sit down with Republican leaders?

Jarod

Contributor
I think the president should call Republican leaders to the WH to discuss this temper tantrum, I don't think he should negotiate, but look at them and say, "Grow the fuck up!"

What do you think?

No. The people are mostly on Obama's side now and he should let it drag on and hurt lots of people. Then let the Repubs come to him and ask to end it. That will make it strictly on Obama's terms and damage the Repubs irreparably.

He should set up a big crib for them, and insist that they wear diapers and play with toys the whole time while they discuss a resolution.

I think the president should call Republican leaders to the WH to discuss this temper tantrum, I don't think he should negotiate, but look at them and say, "Grow the fuck up!"

What do you think?

FUCK NO!

They want to be obstructionist douchebags...let them twist while the whole country watches!

I am for whatever will get our government back to work.

I saw a local news report about a man who runs a snack kiosks in the federal building, he will lose his business if the shutdown goes on too long. He is blind, this is his livelihood since losing his sight. He didn't go on welfare, he started a business and now he is being penalized.

If the Republicans have had enough, and I think they have, he would look very presidential and like a statesman, he calls the meeting then everyone walks out having been scolded, they can pretend they got some concession... and we can go back to being the USA.

What do you think?

Yes he should call them to come in and discuss his temper tantrum and this lousy law

What do you think?
There's no point if he's going to act like a child, and tell grown adults to grow up.

Yes he should call them to come in and discuss his temper tantrum and this lousy law
And set a precedent that a disgruntled minority can have a temper tantrum and get its own way by shutting down the government over their irresponsible partisan ideolgy and make us all pay the price for their short sightedness and stupidity? I think not.

Ya'll can piss and moan all you want to. Ya'll painted yourself into this political box canyon, get your own damned selves out of it. It's easy enough.

If the Republicans have had enough, and I think they have, he would look very presidential and like a statesman, he calls the meeting then everyone walks out having been scolded, they can pretend they got some concession... and we can go back to being the USA.
?????

When did we stop being the USA? 1913 maybe?

Possible but I think he would have to give them some concession for a facesaver. Just not a concession on Obamacare. He's solid on that and obviously has to be now that the people are starting to see the benefits in big numbers. Hopefully he doesn't give anything of course but he's always demonstrated that he's willing to compromise. That's his makeup.

Apparently 70% are with him now so it's not time to start bending.

And set a precedent that a disgruntled minority can shut down the nation over an irresponsible partisam ideolgy and make us all pay the price for their short sightedness and stupidity? I think not.

Ya'll can piss and moan all you want to. Ya'll painted yourself into this political box canyon, get your own damned selves out of it.
This is a republic, and the house was put into the constitution as the peoples house for reasons just like this.

And set a precedent that a disgruntled minority can have a temper tantrum and get its own way by shutting down the government over their irresponsible partisan ideolgy and make us all pay the price for their short sightedness and stupidity? I think not.

Ya'll can piss and moan all you want to. Ya'll painted yourself into this political box canyon, get your own damned selves out of it. It's easy enough.

This from the party that shut down the same government during Reagan's terms 7 different times.

Oh, I think he wanted this shutdown in order to prove a point. (Before you cons start attacking me, I disagree with him for pushing it) He did the political math and knew what it means for his signature program and for his last two years, he set them up! Its not the first time he has done it. He plays them very well.

While I disagree with the means of going about it, I think him having given them the rope to hang themselves will cement the ACA as the fully enacted law of the land, and give him the change to make some fundamental improvements in his last two years. He will come out of this looking very presidential, and we will likely get two very liberal supreme court justices.

He will give on something to do with the ACA, something fairly trivial, like a 6 month delay on the individual mandate or something. It will be good for America.

Possible but I think he would have to give them some concession for a facesaver. Just not a concession on Obamacare. He's solid on that and obviously has to be now that the people are starting to see the benefits in big numbers. Hopefully he doesn't give anything of course but he's always demonstrated that he's willing to compromise. That's his makeup.

Apparently 70% are with him now so it's not time to start bending.

He will, it will help him also, he will be a great liberal statesman after this.

This is a republic, and the house was put into the constitution as the peoples house for reasons just like this.

To do what?

Thwart the will of the voters?

Whiny Righties keep saying that the 2010 elections were a referendum on the ACA...well guess what?

People voted FOR the ACA when they voted Obama into office for a second term.

Back