Should McCain Be Impeached? Vote and elaborate.

Should McCain be impeached for playing poker during the Syria hearing?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted yes because NO ONE in Congress should do such a thing when discussing possible war.

McCain plays poker on iPhone during Syria hearing

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2013/09/04/mccain-syria-poker-hearing/2761445/

He later states, "Worst of all, I lost!".....................No sir....worst of all you weren't paying attention during a hearing about invading Syria.......

So. Try to push party lines aside and think for yourself. Should McCain be impeached?

I'm just impressed he stayed awake at his age.

I'm sure he already had his mind made up.

And I'm betting more than one of us has "multitasked" even during important meetings.

It was tacky. His constituents can decide if they want to keep him or not. But I don't think it comes up to impeachment level. Again, I'm sure his mind was already made up before the meeting.

You all do realize how little hours these people work and how important their job actually is correct? I might have a different perspective if this was just an ordinary meeting. But this was a meeting with information that could determine whether or not we go to a war which could potentially become the 3rd world war.

"He already made up his mind" is spot on but no excuse to ignore information of this magnitude.

If a Left Winger was caught doing this it would be the story the Right Wing was hoping for, for decades.

So far, the majority of the people think McCain should be impeached for playing on his phone during a hearing about going to war with Syria.

So far, the majority of the people think McCain should be impeached for playing on his phone during a hearing about going to war with Syria.

you mean here? or across the country? Here it just has 2 votes.

It would be a distraction. Let his voters deal with him.

We don't want to throw impeachment around like it's candy. Save it for big things.

there are people who can play online poker and concentrate BETTER on a meeting like this.

Its depends HOW your brain functions.

Its a meaningless charge

Couldn't care less, like Desh he's already made up his mind to "Bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb Assad... bombbombbombbombbomb Assad... Bombbomb Assad" nothing that was said there would change his mind. He believes we need to arm al Qaeda to kill Assad, and that we're not doing enough killing of brown people.

Nothing could and/or would change his mind, so who cares that he was playing some poker app on his phone?

Yeah people who hate babies being gassed by dictators wanting to stay in power makes it an easy choice

MCCain is a asshole BTW and he is one of the main reasons I think there are duel targets involved

I can play on my phone and listen at the same time, I certainty hope all members of Congress can do the same.

Bill Clinton was impeached by the House of Representatives on two charges, one of perjury and one of obstruction of justice, on December 19, 1998 for being distracted while conducting business.....

Or maybe the phone call Bill was on was more important than giving your full attention to information and perspectives about a possible war in Syria..

Last edited:
Bill Clinton was impeached by the House of Representatives on two charges, one of perjury and one of obstruction of justice, on December 19, 1998 for being distracted while conducting business.....

And acquitted by the Senate!

you mean here? or across the country? Here it just has 2 votes.

It would be a distraction. Let his voters deal with him.

We don't want to throw impeachment around like it's candy. Save it for big things.

I understand your perspective but I fear that the more wars we go into like this, the more likely it is that the entire world will eventually unionize and attack us for kicking in their doors. I do think this is a big thing. I think that Congressmen/women are paid enough money to do their job and listen to information from both sides.

If I was caught on the phone at all in most of my previous jobs, I would have been fired.......and I wouldn't be in a discussion that has potential to start WWIII.

I understand your perspective but I fear that the more wars we go into like this, the more likely it is that the entire world will eventually unionize and attack us for kicking in their doors. I do think this is a big thing. I think that Congressmen/women are paid enough money to do their job and listen to information from both sides.

If I was caught on the phone at all in most of my previous jobs, I would have been fired.......and I wouldn't be in a discussion that has potential to start WWIII.

Oh, if my bosses knew how often I was browsing the web while listening to a very important work conference call.... don't tell them!

I will admit that I'm extremely bias on this topic. My 3 major focuses in politics is to stop corporate bribing of politicians, put effort into insourcing instead of outsourcing and stop starting unnecessary wars. This of course falling under unnecessary war. It also falls under corporate bribing because the people pushing for us to attack Syria the most are the exact ones that had the biggest donations from Military Weapons Manufacturers.

But I tend to think that not wanting unnecessary war is a good thing to be bias about.

Im not a fan of McCain, but I can still be honest enough to say that the game playing does not bother me.

Or maybe the phone call Bill was on was more important than giving your full attention to information and perspectives about a possible war in Syria..

I would love to see where he was charged for "being distracted while conducting business"; so could you please provide a link to such?

Back