Should human trafficking be legal?

Is sex trafficking OK?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Big Money

Billboard%20complete-thumb-570x247-244231.jpg

Assistant D.A. Rhonnie Jaus, forensic pediatrician Dr. Sharon Cooper, ex-streetwalker Louise, and Judge Curtissa Cofield have all simultaneously and independently noted the same disturbing phenomenon.

There are more young American girls entering the commercial sex industry—an estimated 300,000 at this moment—and their ages have been dropping drastically.

“The average starting age for prostitution is now 13,” says Rachel Lloyd, executive director of Girls Educational and Mentoring Services (gems), a Harlem-based organization that rescues young women from “the life.”

Krishna Patel, assistant U.S. attorney in Bridgeport, Connecticut, invokes the easy money. Criminals have learned, often in prison—where “macking” memoirs such as Iceberg Slim’s Pimp are best-sellers—that it’s become more lucrative and much safer to sell malleable teens than drugs or guns. A pound of heroin or an AK-47 can be retailed once, but a young girl can be sold 10 to 15 times a day—and a “righteous” pimp confiscates 100 percent of her earnings.

“There are basically two business models: manipulating girls through violence—that’s called ‘gorilla’ pimping—and controlling them with drugs,” says Patel.

http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/features/2011/05/sex-trafficking-201105

Or her calling him "Master" may be part of the dynamic of their relationship. If she entered into it willingly, then they are just one of many couples who enjoy such play. As for the prostitution, I have long said it should not be illegal. I saw nothing in the article that suggested the women were held against their will.

I thought this was about selling body parts..which is illegal - should it be?

If I want to sell my kidney - it IS mine to do so, right??

how about selling my dead body, instead of donating it? i can leave the money to my family.

* baby boomers want to know*

Some gov't agencies, some private organizations and charities and even some religious groups all have help for those being hurt by domestic violence.

Then get busy and start lobbying. Let me know how that works for you when you tell government agencies, private organizations and religious groups that you want them to help regulate legalized human trafficking.

Then get busy and start lobbying. Let me know how that works for you when you tell government agencies, private organizations and religious groups that you want them to help regulate legalized human trafficking.

How about I continue to support organizations that help abused women. That should accomplish the same thing.

Which is a good thing.
umm... maybe, if you think this country is in good shape.

I don't - it's plutocratic ( striated wealth/power) corptocratic ( run by monied interests).

It's fine if you are one of the "haves" not so good if you are one of the "have nots "
Where I blame my generation, for all the talk back in the daze about sharing the planet -the piggies always want more. Theirs, Yours, and Mine.

As the Beatles put it:

Back