Senate panel clears the air on marijuana laws

Timshel

Fake libertarians like Grind like to pretend that Republicans are no worse than Dems on this topic, but clearly social conservatives and neocons provide the last hurdle.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/09/10/senate-explores-marijuana-laws/2793487/

Federal laws pose "significant obstacles" to regulation of marijuana in states where it is legal and need to be addressed, Sen. Patrick Leahy, D-Vt., said Tuesday in a first-ever hearing aimed at reconciling rapidly changing state marijuana laws with a federal prohibition on the drug.

"We must have a smarter approach to marijuana policy," Leahy, chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, said. "The absolute criminalization of personal marijuana use has contributed to our nation's soaring prison population and has disproportionately affected people of color."

The hearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee follows a Justice Department memo outlining how it will enforce federal marijuana prohibitions in two states, Colorado and Washington, that have legalized its use, and 20 states that allow marijuana for medical use.

Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, said he was concerned state regulations would fail to keep marijuana use in check. Colorado, which had legalized marijuana for medical use before legalizing it for recreational use in November, has done a poor job so far of preventing marijuana exports to other states where marijuana remains illegal, he said.

"Why has the Justice Department decided to trust Colorado?" Grassley said. "Colorado has become a significant exporter of marijuana."

Absolutely, I am a social conservative and I am dead set against it. It will all be legal and soon but not with our (social conservative's) support or blessing. But I don't think that makes Grind a fake libertarian as there are probably about as many socially conservative democrats against it as socially conservative republicans.

Well for starters, I'm pretty sure you're either outright lying about Grinds thoughts/comments, or you're gravely mistaken.

That said, Democrats in general have a poor showing both federally and locally on these issues. There may be individual Democrats who are better, but as a whole, no. They're both shitty.

Absolutely, I am a social conservative and I am dead set against it. It will all be legal and soon but not with our (social conservative's) support or blessing. But I don't think that makes Grind a fake libertarian as there are probably about as many socially conservative democrats against it as socially conservative republicans.

Genesis 1:12
English Standard Version (ESV)
12*The earth brought forth vegetation, plants yielding seed according to their own kinds, and trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.

Amen

Genesis 1:12
English Standard Version (ESV)
12*The earth brought forth vegetation, plants yielding seed according to their own kinds, and trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.

Amen

That's also before we had the curse of knowledge.

Well, not that alone. Among other things, there is his opposition to immigration.

Well for starters, I'm pretty sure you're either outright lying about Grinds thoughts/comments, or you're gravely mistaken.

That said, Democrats in general have a poor showing both federally and locally on these issues. There may be individual Democrats who are better, but as a whole, no. They're both shitty.

I am mainly having fun at his expense.

It's really interesting that Grind puts me on ignore due to offending his child killing hero but is always willing to give ila another chance. Hmmmmmmm.....

What do you think gave us that knowledge? The tree in the middle of the garden, some peope think it was fruit.

Actually, I think it was Satan that gave us knowledge. But ya know, what do I know? I worship uncaring gods.

Actually, I think it was Satan that gave us knowledge. But ya know, what do I know? I worship uncaring gods.

Satan tempted them to partake, well, at least the woman and she in turn deceived the man, as we know women always do. It is woeman, but a bad scribe dropped the "e". He was partaking of the tree.

Back