School shooting reported in Nevada

Big Money

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/crime/article/Police-Report-of-shooting-at-Nevada-middle-school-4913132.php

Discuss & debate

Shame, sounds like the other person killed was a teacher or administrator that tried to stop him. I wonder if he/she was trying to 'talk' him out of it.

hopefully he killed some future messageboard posters that cry about everything that offends them.

If the teacher had been armed?

Gun junkies never think this one through.

Where does the teacher keep this gun? If the teacher keeps it in a shoulder sling what happens when the teacher leaves it in the bathroom when pooping? http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/10/05/1241992/-Embarrassed-gun-owner-Dave-Evans-gets-off-easy#

Also, kids can push an adult further than any adult can push an adult. Because they are not educated yet? History says yes, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Kehoe

This topic is up for discussion, but the Right is IDIOTICALLY SOLIDIFIED in their perspective without a train of thought about what Liberty actually is.

Teachers being armed is one thing. Guards being armed is another. Here is a video of a School where armed guards were present and a shooter had time to take shots at the school board before the security officer shot him.

So what regulations do teachers have with a gun? None? Some? The 2A says "none" for teachers and criminals let out of jail. Is this smart?

Is there some rule that teachers should have a gun snapped in a gun vest? Because that's not in the 2A.

Is there some rule that teachers should have to pass a training course to absorb the knowledge of how to store a gun safely in school? Because that's not in the 2A.

Is there a rule that states a teacher can't hold their gun in their hand while teaching lessons? Because that's not in the 2A.

Seems the 2A is pretty vague and has room to be improved says most.

Gun junkies never think this one through.

Where does the teacher keep this gun? If the teacher keeps it in a shoulder sling what happens when the teacher leaves it in the bathroom when pooping? http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/10/05/1241992/-Embarrassed-gun-owner-Dave-Evans-gets-off-easy#

Also, kids can push an adult further than any adult can push an adult. Because they are not educated yet? History says yes, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Kehoe

This topic is up for discussion, but the Right is IDIOTICALLY SOLIDIFIED in their perspective without a train of thought about what Liberty actually is.

Teachers being armed is one thing. Guards being armed is another. Here is a video of a School where armed guards were present and a shooter had time to take shots at the school board before the security officer shot him.

People, male and female, carry guns every day. They use restrooms, drive cars, etc etc etc.

Most people carry on their persons. Most women would lock up their purses anyway, even if that's where they carry.

But mostly....carrying a concealed weapon means CONCEALED. Who knows someone is carrying?

Is the assumption that people carrying firearms are not trained? Is the assumption that security guards are?

I think it is laughable to think that a teacher would pull a gun on a frustrating student. Really? If that were the case, if adults couldnt control themselves, there would indeed be blood in the streets in this country. There are hundreds of thousands of people with cc permits walking around...getting 'frustrated' to the max and not drawing their guns.

Dont superimpose your own lack of control on the rest of us. There is nothing to support it.

People, male and female, carry guns every day. They use restrooms, drive cars, etc etc etc.

Most people carry on their persons. Most women would lock up their purses anyway, even if that's where they carry.

But mostly....carrying a concealed weapon means CONCEALED. Who knows someone is carrying?

Is the assumption that people carrying firearms are not trained? Is the assumption that security guards are?

I think it is laughable to think that a teacher would pull a gun on a frustrating student. Really? If that were the case, if adults couldnt control themselves, there would indeed be blood in the streets in this country. There are hundreds of thousands of people with cc permits walking around...getting 'frustrated' to the max and not drawing their guns.

Dont superimpose your own lack of control on the rest of us. There is nothing to support it.

So you are stating there isn't blood in the streets, and adults control themselves?.......

This wasn't about gunning down students in a rage. It was more about America today and seeing so many gun people down for no reason, even "peeing on property"

My position was that people who C&C like me can make mistakes and what happens when that happens in a School if a teacher does. We know it can happen because a Republican fighting for that right made the mistake!

It's a discussion to be had in my opinion. The idiots think there should be no discussion.

I know your confusion because the new Libertarian movement has a base of "I'm a good person and why punish me for the acts of others. I'm innocent until proven guilty". This is basic ignorance and Nihilism. I know I won't kill anyone but I also know that the law is useful.

What soft minds don't know is that the Libertarian/ Tea party/ Free market movement is for Corporate profit and has nothing to do with Freedom.

Welcome to politics.

Yeah no way any of the 10,000 gun murders is due to too much access!

Could this man have prevented his own death and injuries to innocent students if he'd been armed?

web1_mike_landsberry_web_3.jpg

Landsberry leaves behind a wife and two stepdaughters. He served two tours in Afghanistan with the Nevada National Guard.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_162-57608607/sparks-middle-school-student-gunman-said-you-ruined-my-life-and-now-im-going-to-ruin-yours/

Back