Racism of Sports Logos

BRUTALITOPS

on indefiniate mod break
Contributor
iGkz6kD.png

CLEVELAND (CBS CLEVELAND/AP) – An American Indian organization has shed new light on the context of how offensive and racist sports team images like the Cleveland Indians and Washington Redskins is to their community.

The National Congress of American Indians (NCAI) published a powerful poster featuring two baseball hats that each have a stereotypical racist image of a Jewish man and Chinese man to show it has the same connotation as the Cleveland Indians. The hats were titled “New York Jews” and “San Francisco Chinamen.”

http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2013/...os-put-into-context-by-american-indian-group/

Makes a pretty good point, though nothing I hadn't already previously thought. The indians logo is basically blackface.

personally I think the new york jews is pretty cool/hilarious and I am pretty sure like easily 70% of them would be down with it. But I digress.

100% agree. I would love to see the NY Jews. Perhaps the Giants will change their name, as it confuses everyone having both a NYG and SFG!

All the polls I've seen show that the majority of Native Americans dont find it offensive. One poll said 90%.

Seems like a manufactured crisis to me. It's different from the Jew and Chinamen comparisons because indians, warriors, redskins, etc were chosen as mascots because they were considered dangerous & skilled....just what you want in sports.

I think they need a logo for left wing Christian ass kissers.

Maybe an aborted baby on a slab with the words: The fighting faggots or something along those lines.

i gotta say, we owned indians pretty hardcore. goodbye teepee villages. time for modern civilization. oh you are going to complain still? fuck you, now you can be a sports team. oh you dont like that? lol no one cares.

i gotta say, we owned indians pretty hardcore. goodbye teepee villages. time for modern civilization. oh you are going to complain still? fuck you, now you can be a sports team. oh you dont like that? lol no one cares.
And to top it off, let's steal your culture and religion too:

Now you have less than nothing.

The federal government and their business partner, the trans continental railroad destroyed the Indians and would you please stop assigning collective guilt to all future white generations over what happened. The federal government put the Indians on reservations to get them out of the way of advancing civilization and guilt tripping with the "we" remark shouldn't apply in any post modern generational setting.

The longer the Indians sit on their reservations, the longer the collective white guilt over what happened endures. The solution is to encourage the Indians off the reservations and into society and the non solution is "we" as a collective assignment of guilt.

Last edited:
I was going to watch, but I had some drying paint which is more exciting.

Back