Question For Those Who Call Themselves Conservatives

OCA

When was the last major political battle in D.C. you won?

You've gotten your asses handed to you in everything from presidential elections to queer marriage....................isn't it time to say that conservatism is dead and America is a liberal country?

republicans are dead. They are so irrelevant now I don't even know why we talk about them. We can do what we want. The racist republicans days are numbered.

republicans are dead. They are so irrelevant now I don't even know why we talk about them. We can do what we want. The racist republicans days are numbered.

True dat......but its fun to fuck with those still clinging to a dead philosophy.

So, now that the GOP is dead, are the Democrats going to start an apology tour for the Trail of Tears, nullification crisis, Slavery, the Mexican War, secession, the Civil War, Tammany Hall, segregation, torturing suffragettes, Japanese concentration camps, the Korean War, the Bay of Pigs, the Vietnam War, abortion, the repeal of Glass-Steagal, and Libya?

So, now that the GOP is dead, are the Democrats going to start an apology tour for the Trail of Tears, nullification crisis, Slavery, the Mexican War, secession, the Civil War, Tammany Hall, segregation, torturing suffragettes, Japanese concentration camps, the Korean War, the Bay of Pigs, the Vietnam War, abortion, the repeal of Glass-Steagal, and Libya?

Maybe, not sure......lol.

Sounds like we have a road trip going on!!!

But haven't we already apologized for trail of tears and the Japanese Concentration camps? We should if we haven't.

Don't agree with your whole list, but some of that stuff - yeah, about time we step up and say it was wrong if we haven't already. And it's not a partisan thing; it's wrong regardless of what party you're in.

When was the last major political battle in D.C. you won?

You've gotten your asses handed to you in everything from presidential elections to queer marriage....................isn't it time to say that conservatism is dead and America is a liberal country?

I can't really agree with you on this one but you are welcome to your opinion.

If the Republicans admitted that Corporations aren't people but rather a group of people with monetary interest, stopped using law to enforce religion and stopped listening to the Fox News Cult media, the Republicans would be a pretty decent party. They are no longer a party of the people though. They are the corporate party now.

I can't really agree with you on this one but you are welcome to your opinion.

If the Republicans admitted that Corporations aren't people but rather a group of people with monetary interest, stopped using law to enforce religion and stopped listening to the Fox News Cult media, the Republicans would be a pretty decent party. They are no longer a party of the people though. They are the corporate party now.

Where's Waldo?

I wouldn't count them out yet. They have boat loads of international investors who will dump hundreds of millions of foreign money into the election.

yes a democracy always has to fear the very people the republican party now embrace as their heros.

people with a shit load of money and influence who care about NOTHING but getting what THEY want.

they seem to be able to convince a whole subset of some humans to see their own future enslavement to them as a GREAT IDEA

I wouldn't count them out yet. They have boat loads of international investors who will dump hundreds of millions of foreign money into the election.

Blame that on citizens united - foreigners aren't supposed to be able to invest in US elections but yeah, now they can through their US subsidiaries.

Sucks.

http://www.thenation.com/article/169639/never-mind-super-pacs-how-big-business-buying-election#axzz2bDROY8Pz

http://www.wnyc.org/articles/its-free-country/2012/jan/20/explainer-can-foreign-companies-make-political-donations/

Blame that on citizens united - foreigners aren't supposed to be able to invest in US elections but yeah, now they can through their US subsidiaries.

Sucks.

http://www.thenation.com/article/169639/never-mind-super-pacs-how-big-business-buying-election#axzz2bDROY8Pz

http://www.wnyc.org/articles/its-free-country/2012/jan/20/explainer-can-foreign-companies-make-political-donations/

It doesn't matter, i've yet to say it but I might as well now, my opinion is is that America's best days are behind her, that we are in the last days of the republic and there is nothing that can be done to stop the demise. All great civilizations throughout history have had their end, take the Romans for example, they ate it eventually and if we think we are half the badasses they were we are nuts.

Might as well make the best of the ride to the bottom of the toilet bowl.

It doesn't matter, i've yet to say it but I might as well now, my opinion is is that America's best days are behind her, that we are in the last days of the republic and there is nothing that can be done to stop the demise. All great civilizations throughout history have had their end, take the Romans for example, they ate it eventually and if we think we are half the badasses they were we are nuts.

yeah, well, it's mixed. Some things are better - rights for women, minorities, LGBTs, etc.

Some things seem worse - Patriot act and drones - but are probably things that would have been happening all along if the technology was there.

I don't like having corporations buy elections; that's a big step backwards. But it can be stopped; we can get an amendment to stop it. It's a lot of work, but it can be done.

Goober explains! The Republican Party is dead and the Democrat Party is in control. The Demise of America is at hand!!!!!

Hey! There might be some truth in that, huh?

Back