Proof that Cops are universally bad human beings

/MSG/

Uwaa OmO
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/15/u...t-on-video-but-kept-from-the-public.html?_r=0

LOS ANGELES — When Maria Melendez emerged from Kern Medical Center in Bakersfield, Calif., just before midnight last Tuesday, she said, she heard screams that have kept her awake at night for an entire week.
A half-dozen Kern County sheriff’s deputies were across the street beating a man with clubs and kicking him, she said. So she whipped out her mobile phone and began to video the episode, announcing to the officers what she was doing.
For about eight minutes, Ms. Melendez said, the man screamed and cried for help. Then he went silent, she said, making only choking sounds.
Finally, having hogtied him, a number of witnesses said, two officers picked up the man and dropped him, twice. One deputy nudged the man with his foot. When he did not respond, they began CPR.
“He was like a piece of meat,” said Ms. Melendez, 53, who was visiting her son at the hospital after he was injured in a car accident. “We were telling them: ‘He’s dead. You guys already killed him.’ ”

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/15/u...t-on-video-but-kept-from-the-public.html?_r=0

LOS ANGELES — When Maria Melendez emerged from Kern Medical Center in Bakersfield, Calif., just before midnight last Tuesday, she said, she heard screams that have kept her awake at night for an entire week.
A half-dozen Kern County sheriff’s deputies were across the street beating a man with clubs and kicking him, she said. So she whipped out her mobile phone and began to video the episode, announcing to the officers what she was doing.
For about eight minutes, Ms. Melendez said, the man screamed and cried for help. Then he went silent, she said, making only choking sounds.
Finally, having hogtied him, a number of witnesses said, two officers picked up the man and dropped him, twice. One deputy nudged the man with his foot. When he did not respond, they began CPR.
“He was like a piece of meat,” said Ms. Melendez, 53, who was visiting her son at the hospital after he was injured in a car accident. “We were telling them: ‘He’s dead. You guys already killed him.’ ”

The Right CONSTANTLY criticizes police. And for good reason.

Through government we have made a job that should be a top paying job into a low paying job. Just like the rest of them. Imagine a more basic world and you will notice that teachers, cops, firemen (etc) should be paid the most and people trying to sell superficial belongings should be paid the least. Yet America doesn't notice this at all.

Police should have more advanced training than what they have today and more overview, which I think is the popular opinion.

Who should get paid more? A baseball player or a cop that is trained to protect your life?

Perhaps when we focus on this and move the bar up higher we will have good cops with advanced training. Today we have my cousin who is a trigger happy idiot that reminds me directly of all the Right Wing posters on this forum.

Yes, there are bad cops. There are also many good cops, doing their best at a very tough, stressful job. To call them all bad is just wrong.

Through government we have made a job that should be a top paying job into a low paying job. Just like the rest of them. Imagine a more basic world and you will notice that teachers, cops, firemen (etc) should be paid the most and people trying to sell superficial belongings should be paid the least. Yet America doesn't notice this at all.

Police should have more advanced training than what they have today and more overview, which I think is the popular opinion.

Who should get paid more? A baseball player or a cop that is trained to protect your life?

Perhaps when we focus on this and move the bar up higher we will have good cops with advanced training. Today we havemy cousin who is a trigger happy idiot that reminds me directly of all the Right Wing posters on this forum.

It was not improper training that caused 8 officer to beat a man to death. It was callous abuse of power without fear of reprisals.

I doubt it. But that would be a very hard statistic to determine. Good cops aren't written up in the media; and I doubt any police dept is going to let the stats be public; and, of course, those stats might be a bit weighted.

All one needs to do is look at how whistle blowers are treated by their own departments. That's more than indicative of how horrible police are both as a group and as individuals.

Yes, there are bad cops. There are also many good cops, doing their best at a very tough, stressful job. To call them all bad is just wrong.
show me one of those good cops that will not only refuse to cover the ass of a bad cop, but outright arrest them ON THE SPOT if they assault a handcuffed prisoner, then you might have a good point. otherwise, they are all collaborators and therefore BAD.

Perhaps when we focus on this and move the bar up higher we will have good cops with advanced training. Today we have my cousin who is a trigger happy idiot that reminds me directly of all the Right Wing posters on this forum.

Everyone has thought about it; most have dismissed it for obvious reasons.

Baseball = more difficult than law enforcement. Also, public services are not revenue-generating professions.

you don't think that the current 'perks' and benefits of being law enforcement are enough?

I doubt it. But that would be a very hard statistic to determine. Good cops aren't written up in the media; and I doubt any police dept is going to let the stats be public; and, of course, those stats might be a bit weighted.

It's under "business feedback statistics"

Only mad people tend to make time and expose the few bad.

And generally then the people taking video know the business process and know what is coming.

Lots of "cops bad behavior" are stages from people who hate cops.

Only a moron would say, "there has never been staging"

It was not improper training that caused 8 officer to beat a man to death. It was callous abuse of power without fear of reprisals.

So are you stating they should be allowed to do this, or are you stating they should get more money and training, or are you stating the people should make a unified force that will be the new police.......later calling them police...

Everyone has thought about it; most have dismissed it for obvious reasons.

Baseball = more difficult than law enforcement. Also, public services are not revenue-generating professions.

You didn't answer me. But your mind is opening up.

Who should get paid more, a professional baseball player, or a cop.

It's that basic.

THE PEOPLE are the problem, not the government. Once the people see the flaws, the people will close the gaps. The problem is the people hate politics because they think they have no voice, mostly due to Fox News.

you don't think that the current 'perks' and benefits of being law enforcement are enough?

Mexico's law enforcement relies on corruption to survive.

Are you stating our Police should be renegade morons or are you stating our police should be a highly trained force that may cost more than a name brand purse to aquire for a years work?

So are you stating they should be allowed to do this, or are you stating they should get more money and training, or are you stating the people should make a unified force that will be the new police.......later calling them police...
I'm stating that they should be fired, have all benefits stripped (including those already paid out) be unable to work any public job ever, have a minimum of 1000 years in jail, and never be eligible for parole. Their entire department should suffer the same fate and all those who do not report and fight such corruption.

Mexico's law enforcement relies on corruption to survive.

Are you stating our Police should be renegade morons or are you stating our police should be a highly trained force that may cost more than a name brand purse to aquire for a years work?

Yeah they don't get paid enough. I mean how much is it worth to get away with MURDER.

Back