4. usf
  5. threedee
  6. Ivan
  7. jarod
  8. superfreak
  9. essence
  10. dionaea
  11. Tom
*Note: we can play with 11, however if 2 more people wish to signup, you have until midday, wednesday the 13th. We can't take 12. We need either 11 or 13.

Game Moderator: Watermark

Start date: Thursday, november 14th

Things to discuss/do:

Gamenight: TBD, we need to discuss which works best. Tom is 5 hours ahead of u.s. official time, which means a night of 8pm est is already 1am for him.

New names: this game everyone will make alt accounts to play on. Make a new random name, keep it to yourself, and PM it to watermark. All werewolf dealings with watermark including role assignment, doing stuff with night kills, playing in the game thread, etc, will all be on those names. When making a new name, make sure you go to your settings page and make your name invisible.

Theme: that's up to watermark. I am sure he'll come up with something pretty annoying though.

Any other thoughts/comments/concerns?

Last edited:
[to be edited momentarily]

Is there anyway you can make this thread and the game thread available to only those participating, kind of like you do for the debate threads?
This would hopefully eliminate all the spam and trolls from diverting the discussion.

Is there anyway you can make this thread and the game thread available to only those participating, kind of like you do for the debate threads?
This would hopefully eliminate all the spam and trolls from diverting the discussion.

that's a damo job I think. I don't know how that was implemented. That said, 90% of those that don't play werewolf don't care about it, so I think we can come up with a pretty easy shortlist of those that will be threadbanned. Also we can make an exception for werewolf and just threadban as we go anyone that comes into a thread trying to disrupt the game.

Roster:
  1. mott
  2. ILA
  3. Grind
  4. usf
  5. threedee
  6. Ivan
  7. jarod
  8. superfreak
  9. essence
  10. dionaea
  11. Tom
*Note: we can play with 11, however if 2 more people wish to signup, you have until midday, wednesday the 13th. We can't take 12. We need either 11 or 13.

Game Moderator: Watermark

Start date: Thursday, november 14th

Things to discuss/do:

Gamenight: TBD, we need to discuss which works best. Tom is 5 hours ahead of u.s. official time, which means a night of 8pm est is already 1am for him.

New names: this game everyone will make alt accounts to play on. Make a new random name, keep it to yourself, and PM it to watermark. All werewolf dealings with watermark including role assignment, doing stuff with night kills, playing in the game thread, etc, will all be on those names. When making a new name, make sure you go to your settings page and make your name invisible.

Theme: that's up to watermark. I am sure he'll come up with something pretty annoying though.

Any other thoughts/comments/concerns?
As long as he doesn't mod kill everyone in the middle of the game. If he does that again I would suggest that you permanently change his JPP name to "Squeeky the Ginger" or something equally embarrasing.

that's a damo job I think. I don't know how that was implemented. That said, 90% of those that don't play werewolf don't care about it, so I think we can come up with a pretty easy shortlist of those that will be threadbanned. Also we can make an exception for werewolf and just threadban as we go anyone that comes into a thread trying to disrupt the game.

I just thought it would allow those of us playing to not have to wade through post after post of BS.

I just thought it would allow those of us playing to not have to wade through post after post of BS.

yeah it's a good idea if we can implement it for off topic. I don't know how much of a pain it is to do though, i wasn't the one that set that up.

As long as he doesn't mod kill everyone in the middle of the game. If he does that again I would suggest that you permanently change his JPP name to "Squeeky the Ginger" or something equally embarrasing.

some mod kills are neccessary to enforce participation. i.e. everyone needs to vote. there just is no way around it. if people aren't posting at all either, they need to be killed.

Go back and read WM's last game. He did start randomly modkilling people, but I think he was just joking about it and SF and Mott took him seriously and freaked out that he was ruining the game. WM proceeded to write "well, that's that. Good game wolves."

some mod kills are neccessary to enforce participation. i.e. everyone needs to vote. there just is no way around it. if people aren't posting at all either, they need to be killed.
I have no problem with that...never have....that's not the point...let's just say that mod killing the entire field could be just a wee bit excessive.

yup but presumably it takes a lot of effort to sign out of one account and into another, if it was for a few posts here and there it's whatever, but if it become an ongoing thing we would just block that one too.

another slight pain in the ass thing I just remembered is that new accounts can't send messages until after ten posts. However they CAN receive messages. so getting the role wont be a problem, but it does effect the seer who needs to ask for a n0 peek. also the wolves can't coordinate pre-game without those posts.

so new names should probably start spamming in this thread, or if seer send n0 peek to watermark on your main name, and just post in the thread under your alt. after a very brief time of activity it shouldn't matter anymore though.

Mott has been modkilled.

Roster:
  1. mott
  2. ILA
  3. Grind
  4. usf
  5. threedee
  6. Ivan
  7. jarod
  8. superfreak
  9. essence
  10. dionaea