Parent Files Bullying Complaint After Son's Team Loses 91-0

cawacko

Yes losing 91-0 sucks. It's not much fun to be a part of a game like that. But a parent is really going to call it 'bullying'? Give me a break. We often hear about 'helicopter' parents when it comes to their children playing sports but this is an instance of a parent just being a p*ssy, please pardon my French.

Aledo (TX) High School beat Fort Worth Western Hills (TX) 91-0 over the weekend, and a Western Hills parent has filed a bullying complaint against Aledo coach Tim Buchanan, according to Ryan Osborne of the Star-Telegram.

When you look at the score, it doesn't look pretty. Aledo, which is ranked No. 1 in The Associated Press statewide Class 4A poll, blew Western Hills off the field. It didn't look good as the game approached.

Aledo has averaged 69.3 points per game this season. The Bearcats have scored at least 77 points in each of the past four games and has yet to be held under 44 points.

On the other side, Western Hills entered the game 0-6 and had only around 30 players on the night of the game. The Cougars had allowed at least 35 points in five of six games, including three games of at least 61 points to start the season.

There are always a few cases of ugly scores throughout the country every year, but this one has ended with a parent filing a bullying report. But was it a case of bullying?

Let's look at some of the facts:
•Aledo's offensive starters played only 21 snaps
•The Bearcats' quarterbacks combined for only 10 pass attempts
•A running clock was implemented in the third quarter
•The Bearcats rushed for 391 yards and eight touchdowns

It appears the Buchanan did everything he could, outside of taking a knee on every play, to not run up the score. The Bearcats scored 28 points in each of the first two quarters, and it probably could have been a lot worse.

Western Hills coach John Naylor didn't believe that there was anything wrong with the game, according to Osborne. He understood that he was facing the No. 1 team and was overmatched.

Texas school districts are required to provide bullying reports on their websites. One parent decided that this was worth reporting.

At some point, teams have to let up. However, it's not reasonable to expect players to not give it their all every time they take the field. The score was ugly, and now the team must defend itself.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...um=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

Yes losing 91-0 sucks. It's not much fun to be a part of a game like that. But a parent is really going to call it 'bullying'? Give me a break. We often hear about 'helicopter' parents when it comes to their children playing sports but this is an instance of a parent just being a p*ssy, please pardon my French.

Aledo (TX) High School beat Fort Worth Western Hills (TX) 91-0 over the weekend, and a Western Hills parent has filed a bullying complaint against Aledo coach Tim Buchanan, according to Ryan Osborne of the Star-Telegram.

When you look at the score, it doesn't look pretty. Aledo, which is ranked No. 1 in The Associated Press statewide Class 4A poll, blew Western Hills off the field. It didn't look good as the game approached.

Aledo has averaged 69.3 points per game this season. The Bearcats have scored at least 77 points in each of the past four games and has yet to be held under 44 points.

On the other side, Western Hills entered the game 0-6 and had only around 30 players on the night of the game. The Cougars had allowed at least 35 points in five of six games, including three games of at least 61 points to start the season.

There are always a few cases of ugly scores throughout the country every year, but this one has ended with a parent filing a bullying report. But was it a case of bullying?

Let's look at some of the facts:
•Aledo's offensive starters played only 21 snaps
•The Bearcats' quarterbacks combined for only 10 pass attempts
•A running clock was implemented in the third quarter
•The Bearcats rushed for 391 yards and eight touchdowns

It appears the Buchanan did everything he could, outside of taking a knee on every play, to not run up the score. The Bearcats scored 28 points in each of the first two quarters, and it probably could have been a lot worse.

Western Hills coach John Naylor didn't believe that there was anything wrong with the game, according to Osborne. He understood that he was facing the No. 1 team and was overmatched.

Texas school districts are required to provide bullying reports on their websites. One parent decided that this was worth reporting.

At some point, teams have to let up. However, it's not reasonable to expect players to not give it their all every time they take the field. The score was ugly, and now the team must defend itself.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...um=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

Do the Fort Worth parents want their sons to get a "participation" award? :palm:

I don't remember a score that bad at my kids' high school, but in the first couple of years they were in the wrong division. The high school district has over 13k kids, distributed among 4 high schools. Our high school enrollment: 1400. Nearly all schools they played had at least 2500-3000 kids.

Finally IHSA moved them to a division with comparable enrollments and they started winning some games. By my youngest son's jr year, his cross country team won state-even competing against the bigger schools, including my alma mater with the long green line.

No doubt some communities have better 'prep programs' for their youngest athletes, be it park districts or traveling teams. It maybe that the environs of a certain school is filled with students that want into a particular sport, (like YORK with Joe Newton and the 'long green line,' while a 'big' school now, not as big as when I went there, (over 4300k), Newton was already legendary. 3 middle schools, all with different colors, ran together in green and white for practice in cross country, while competing against each other during their seasons).

BUT, for most schools it's really fair if they compete with schools that have close numbers to choose from. When one schools total enrollment is less than another's incoming frosh class, there is a problem.

This parent better never let the kid wrestle!
They seed the tournaments
Ie... the worst kid wrestles the best first.

Last edited:
The wussification of America!
Nothing like a good ass kicking to let you know what the world is like.

Everybody fails; do you get up and lace up the shoes next time!
Jordon Burroughs - all I see is gold

i'm eagerly awaiting taichi's lame brained thread about the strong bullying the weak and how it's a condemnation of american capitalism.

Back