Outside of Sanford

Timshel

I spent a good part of the day just a few miles from Sanford. I took my kayaks out on the St. John's, went up Blue Springs and spent last night on Daytona Beach.

There were three or four large alligators on the river and a few smaller ones up the springs run. I could not get any pictures of the gators. I was hoping to see some manatee up the Blue Springs run, but no luck. I am thinking I will go back in the winter when there are scores of them. There was some huge long nose gar pikes and tons of turtles. It is a very picturesque area, with lots to explore.

I spent a good part of the day just a few miles from Sanford. I took my kayaks out on the St. John's, went up Blue Springs and spent last night on Daytona Beach.

There were three or four large alligators on the river and a few smaller ones up the springs run. I could not get any pictures of the gators. I was hoping to see some manatee up the Blue Springs run, but no luck. I am thinking I will go back in the winter when there are scores of them. There was some huge long nose gar pikes and tons of turtles. It is a very picturesque area, with lots to explore.

Damn. I would have liked to meet ya. Blue Springs is beautiful but yeah, the manatees won't be back. Tip it cools down.

Back