Only 51,000 Applied For Obama-Care In First Week

StormX

Banned
[h=1]Just 51,000 people completed Obamacare applications during the website's first week, out of tens of millions of Americans in 36 states[/h]
  • Obamacare's main signup engine attracted just 6,200 new customers on its launch day and 51,000 after the first week
  • At the same rate, the 6-month open enrollment period would sign up just 2 million Americans, including 14 states and D.C., which have their own insurance exchanges
  • The Congressional Budget Office says Obamacare needs at least 7 million customers to stay afloat financially
  • Numerous Obama administration officials have denied seeing any enrollment figures at all
  • MailOnline's sources are two Health and Human Services workers who have access to the data as it's crunched
  • Texas congressman says anemic national enrollment numbers are 'roughly the population of a small town in my district'

Just 51,000 people completed Obamacare applications during the first week the Healthcare.gov website was online, according to two sources inside the Department of Health and Human Services who gave MailOnline an exclusive look at the earliest enrollment numbers.

The career civil servants, who process data inside the agency, confirmed independently that just 6,200 Americans applied for health insurance through the problem-plagued website on October 1, the day it first opened to the public.

Neither HHS nor the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services would comment on the record about the numbers. Enroll America, on Obama administration-related organization that aims to help Americans sign up, only replied to a request for information a day after this article was first published.

'I don’t have any hard numbers beyond what HHS and the state-based exchanges have released,' said spokesman Justin Nisly, who insisted that Americans have been 'enthusiastic' and 'grateful' for Obamacare.

The White House did not respond to emails seeking comment.

But several administration officials have claimed this month that they didn't have access to the kinds of raw figures MailOnline obtained from the people who work for them. And the anemic totals suggest a far lower level of interest in coverage through the Affordable Care Act than the Obama administration has hoped to see.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-51-000-completed-insurance-applications.html

:rofl2:

obama-epic-fail-solar-bankrupt.jpg

[h=1]Just 51,000 people completed Obamacare applications during the website's first week, out of tens of millions of Americans in 36 states[/h]
  • Obamacare's main signup engine attracted just 6,200 new customers on its launch day and 51,000 after the first week
  • At the same rate, the 6-month open enrollment period would sign up just 2 million Americans, including 14 states and D.C., which have their own insurance exchanges
  • The Congressional Budget Office says Obamacare needs at least 7 million customers to stay afloat financially
  • Numerous Obama administration officials have denied seeing any enrollment figures at all
  • MailOnline's sources are two Health and Human Services workers who have access to the data as it's crunched
  • Texas congressman says anemic national enrollment numbers are 'roughly the population of a small town in my district'

Just 51,000 people completed Obamacare applications during the first week the Healthcare.gov website was online, according to two sources inside the Department of Health and Human Services who gave MailOnline an exclusive look at the earliest enrollment numbers.

The career civil servants, who process data inside the agency, confirmed independently that just 6,200 Americans applied for health insurance through the problem-plagued website on October 1, the day it first opened to the public.

Neither HHS nor the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services would comment on the record about the numbers. Enroll America, on Obama administration-related organization that aims to help Americans sign up, only replied to a request for information a day after this article was first published.

'I don’t have any hard numbers beyond what HHS and the state-based exchanges have released,' said spokesman Justin Nisly, who insisted that Americans have been 'enthusiastic' and 'grateful' for Obamacare.

The White House did not respond to emails seeking comment.

But several administration officials have claimed this month that they didn't have access to the kinds of raw figures MailOnline obtained from the people who work for them. And the anemic totals suggest a far lower level of interest in coverage through the Affordable Care Act than the Obama administration has hoped to see.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-51-000-completed-insurance-applications.html

:rofl2:

obama-epic-fail-solar-bankrupt.jpg

Thread clutter on this board is indeed becoming a problem. Board administration should deal with it.

I couldn't agree more. Some days I come here and the entire page is all BM's and ILA threads. It's spamming. They are really making a poor decision in allowing this purposeful spamming of their board IMO.

It's driving a lot of people crazy and I think a few will leave, even some very long-timers. I've been hearing a lot of serious complaints about it.

These excuses must be bending the libs into pretzels...if we assume 51,000 @ week sign up for 6 months, how many people will have signed up for Obamafail by the deadline?

Who buys something the very first day it's rolled out?

Presales for “The Hunger Games: Catching Fire” made up 70 percent of online ticket broker Fandango’s business Tuesday, the first day tickets to Lionsgate’s blockbuster sequel became available.

http://www.thewrap.com/hunger-games-catching-fire-first-day-pre-ales-huge-on-fandango/

Who buys something the very first day it's rolled out?

Stamp collectors.

People who like fresh bread.

I saw a line of kids outside a store once and asked what the line was for. Apparently the first day new Nikes come out is quite an attraction.

These excuses must be bending the libs into pretzels...if we assume 51,000 @ week sign up for 6 months, how many people will have signed up for Obamafail by the deadline?

LOLOL

That's your "logic?" This past week, Republicans were threatening to do away with it, why invest in it if it might not even be around? Why would these numbers be representative of anything besides that week?

LOLOL

That's your "logic?" This past week, Republicans were threatening to do away with it, why invest in it if it might not even be around? Why would these numbers be representative of anything besides that week?

BM and logic do NOT go together.

Back