Obamacare places unequal burden on red states

Big Money

Experiencing sticker-shock at the price of insurance on ObamaCare exchanges?

That's more likely if you live in a "red state" that didn't vote for Obama, according to price data.

In red states, premiums for 27-year-olds rose an average of 78% on ObamaCare exchanges, whereas in "blue states" that voted for Obama, premiums rose a smaller 50%.

After discovering that the President broke his promise that Americans can definitely keep their coverage, many red state Americans are now finding out that their rates will soar under ObamaCare.

This proves once again that the President’s health care law picks winners and losers across the country.

Increased regulations in question include requirements that insurers provide things like preventative care and contraceptives, which ObamaCare will now require in all states.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/11/05/obamacare-price-hikes-hit-red-states-hardest/

True...with all the GED educated hillbilly's down there on welfare I'm sure that having to go get a job and buy insurance is traumatic.

True...with all the GED educated hillbilly's down there on welfare I'm sure that having to go get a job and buy insurance is traumatic.

You really, really hate poor whites. Thanks for being honest.

I do wonder though, have you any idea of how many working poor are being harmed by this monstrosity, regardless of color or political affiliation?

I get that you are for letting 'conservatives' die.

You really, really hate poor whites. Thanks for being honest.

I do wonder though, have you any idea of how many working poor are being harmed by this monstrosity, regardless of color or political affiliation?

I get that you are for letting 'conservatives' die.

Annie, we are for letting UNEDUCATED "Conservatives" die. You are not in the same class as Big Money and should act like it. You CAN be educated AND Conservative. The funny thing is Educated Conservatives have a LOT more in common with Liberals than Libertarians have in common with Republicans.

Trust me dude. I live in a Red State. I live in a "small town" of less than 2000 people. Ironically all of my neighbors that repeat Fox News propaganda are people that could be working but aren't because they are on too much pain medication. They think it's because of their injuriy, or at least say it is, but it's because they are pain med stoners.

These pain med stoners are OUTRAGED at the black people Fox News is saying makes them broke.

Every time they repeat a social program copy/paste like "If the lazy people I'm paying for could just give me a picture of who I'm paying for" I say "Here is a picture of my daughter when the Government bought her a walker" They are completely convinced that all government money goes to lazy black people because of the right wing push of a few videos and lots of propaganda.

Right Wingers should be smart. Why is "smart" a Left wing thing? It's time to break that mold. You can be smart and Conservative with money yet accepting of ideas. OMG would that be scary.

Back