Obamacare is Romneycare, Why Doesn't Obama Tell You That?

blackascoal

The Force is With Me
"... there are no fundamental differences between the two laws. Both programs create exchanges where private insurers compete. Both require individuals to purchase insurance. And both subsidize those who can’t afford it. It’s a relatively new way of extending coverage. Massachusetts was the first place it was adopted, and the Affordable Care Act was the second. The two laws are, in the words of Jonathan Gruber, who helped design both the Romney and Obama plans, “the same fucking bill.”
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...care-differ-only-in-inconsequential-ways.html

Why doesn't Obama tell you that he simply copied a program created by Mitt (Mr. 47%) Romney and the Heritage Foundation? To repeat, it's the same fucking bill.

White House used Mitt Romney health-care law as blueprint for federal law
Three advisers to GOP candidate met a dozen times with senior Obama officials, records show

---

In addition to Obama himself, the meetings attended by Gruber were presided over by the president’s chief economic adviser, Lawrence Summers, then budget director Peter Orzag and Nancy-Ann DeParle, the president’s chief adviser on health care, the records show. Gruber was also given a $380,000 contract by the Obama administration in 2009 to work with Congress on drafting a new federal law based on the Massachusetts law, records show.

The response echoed comments that Romney made last April after Obama suggested the White House had borrowed from his law in Massachusetts.

“He does me the great favor of saying that I was the inspiration of his plan,” Romney said of Obama. “If that’s the case, why didn’t you call me? …Why didn’t you ask what was wrong? Why didn’t you ask if this was an experiment, what worked and what didn’t. … I would have told him, ‘What you’re doing, Mr. President, is going to bankrupt us.’”

Romney is “the father of health-care reform,” said Gruber.
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/44854320/...-care-law-blueprint-federal-law/#.UkbRY9L9PJo

Could it be that he doesn't want you to know that neither Romneycare nor Obamacare does anything about medical bankruptcies or to control costs?

Big ‘Romneycare’ secret: It didn’t rein in costs

And although Democrats wouldn’t miss an opportunity to tar Romney’s tenure as governor, trashing the health law would do damage to Obama’s closely related effort. But some who are closely watching Massachusetts are more candid about it — and they say it has some serious problems.

“The reality is it performed very poorly,” said Douglas Holtz-Eakin, a former Congressional Budget Office director and president of the American Action Forum. He’s one of the most vocal critics of the plan. “A huge mark against it is it didn’t control health care costs at all.”

Health care costs per capita were 27 percent higher in Massachusetts than in the rest of the country in 2004, two years before the state plan was signed, Holtz-Eakin says. By 2009, it was 30 percent higher than the national average.

The law’s failure to rein in health care costs is widely acknowledged by nonpartisan analysts, as well as conservative critics. But there’s more material for critics to work with if either party wanted to use it. For example, emergency room use has gone up, not down — undermining the law’s effort to get that problem under control by expanding coverage
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0912/81837.html#ixzz2gBzJjwig

RomneyCare Didn’t End Medical Bankruptcies
http://emptywheel.firedoglake.com/2011/07/11/romneycare-didnt-end-medical-bankruptcies/

Why is it even called Obamacare when in fact it is expanded Romneycare?

because he wanted to see them spew chunks at it before they claimed it as THEIR success.

hell they still try to claim the credit for the budget surpluses of the 90s which they all voted against.

because he wanted to see them spew chunks at it before they claimed it as THEIR success.

hell they still try to claim the credit for the budget surpluses of the 90s which they all voted against.

With all due respect good sister, that is not an answer.

Why is it even called Obamacare when in fact it is expanded Romneycare?

its not called Obamacare.

its called the affordable care act.

ask yourself WHO labeled it Obamacare?

It was the republicans who did that to make this all about the first black president instead of healthcare.

They would hate their own mother if she shook Obamas hand

why is it that its OK for black people to use the N word?

because they are allowed to use the words of their oppressors and OWN them.

the oppressors and their progeny should not huh

It was designed as an insult and to turn the right wing racist masses on the bill.

It was an attempts by the racists fucks to make it all about this "horrible black man".

you hate helps them alot

Obamacare is Romneycare, Why Doesn't Obama Tell You That?

The premise of your question is false.

Here is a counterexample, President Obama speaking at the Oct. 3 2012 debate:

PRESIDENT OBAMA: Governor Romney said this has to be done on a bipartisan basis. This was a bipartisan idea. In fact, it was a Republican idea.

And Governor Romney, at the beginning of this debate, wrote and said, what we did in Massachusetts could be a model for the nation. And I agree that the Democratic legislators in Massachusetts might have given some advice to Republicans in Congress about how to cooperate, but the fact of the matter is, we used the same advisers, and they say it's the same plan.​

Obama mocked Republicans for opposing what they used to support -- he didn't hide it from anyone.

The premise of your question is false.

Here is a counterexample, President Obama speaking at the Oct. 3 2012 debate:

PRESIDENT OBAMA: Governor Romney said this has to be done on a bipartisan basis. This was a bipartisan idea. In fact, it was a Republican idea.

And Governor Romney, at the beginning of this debate, wrote and said, what we did in Massachusetts could be a model for the nation. And I agree that the Democratic legislators in Massachusetts might have given some advice to Republicans in Congress about how to cooperate, but the fact of the matter is, we used the same advisers, and they say it's the same plan.​

Obama mocked Republicans for opposing what they used to support -- he didn't hide it from anyone.

That's a good point, thanks.

So shouldn't the conversation about Obamacare center around how Romneycare would work on a national level .. given that it IS Romneycare?

MA already had a very high rate of citizens with health insurance before Romneycare was passed, in fact, the highest in the nation. Will Romneycare work with states with high rates of uninsured?

My point is that while we may disagree with the passage of Obamacare, it would seem to me that many conclusions, good and bad, can be drawn from what Obamacare really is, Romneycare.

bac you join in the republican lies about Obama like fast and furious and the IRS thingy.

You have been proven wrong many times on Obama hate issues.

I have not

It was the republicans who did that to make this all about the first black president instead of healthcare.

They would hate their own mother if she shook Obamas hand

I thought they called it Obamacare because his name is Obama. What does his race have to do with this? Why do you think everyone who opposes Obama's ACA does so on racial grounds instead of the more obvious reason (which is because it's a gift to the big money interests before the government takes away their business with a single payer system)?

bac you join in the republican lies about Obama like fast and furious and the IRS thingy.

I have not

YOU'RE A BALD-FACED LIAR.

Post what I've said about fast and furious and the IRS 'thingy.'

I've already corrected you on this before .. but you just keep on LYING.

I have no intentions of talking to you anymore about this issue

I have not

It's pretty funny that when you try to call bac out you consistently bring up those two issues when in fact bac never mentions them. You do ignore the issues bac does have with Obama. It's much easier I'm aware to try and discredit him by saying he 'hates' Obama rather than address the issues he has with him.

Back