Obama - Putin Meeting

cawacko

What's everyone's take on Obama cancelling this meeting?

For those from the old Rate Bush Board on AOL who remember Ornot Bitwise I see him posting every now and then on the sfgate website comments section (San Francisco Chronicle's website). I always liked that guy. For those who don't know him he was a real smart dude and a progressive.

Anyhow I saw Ornot in the comment section of this article. While generally an Obama supporter he wasn't with him on this issue.

Ornot

This is a wretched mistake. Even if you think Snowden should be prosecuted I just can't imagine how his case could be important enough to derail something this important.

Pugnacious nationalist posturing is *never* a good idea. It's not a good idea when the Russians do it -- and they do it often -- and it's not a good idea when we do it. I thought we were supposed to be the adults at this party!

http://www.sfgate.com/news/politics...utin-summit-amid-Snowden-tensions-4713914.php

Glad to see he is still alive and doing ok (I hope)...

as for Obama's move... it is something like this...

:tantrum:

Heard on NPR (but only heard part of the broadcast) that not a lot is going on right now anyway that Obama and Putin need to talk about. People like Kerry are meeting with their opposite numbers in Washington (can't remember the other person mentioned along with Kerry).

I don't think Snowden is worth causing any international incident with Russia, but if there wasn't anything much to talk about, what the heck.

Our President should be able to look anyone in the face and know that our Country has his back.

Obama knows the people don't want the Patriot Act. The Left didn't want it long ago. The Right only wanted it because it was named gracefully and off topic, and they are FINALLY catching up... Much like the bills they are trying to push through today under unrelated bills.

Our President should be able to look anyone in the face and know that our Country has his back.

Obama knows the people don't want the Patriot Act. The Left didn't want it long ago. The Right only wanted it because it was named gracefully and off topic, and they are FINALLY catching up... Much like the bills they are trying to push through today under unrelated bills.

What does this have to do with the proposed (or cancelled) meeting with Putin?

Party over country at EVERY turn for the republicans

Who are you talking to? Who are you responding to on this thread?

I started this thread and I asked people's opinion. I also showed a post from an old "friend" to many of us.

If you believe this was a good move why do you believe that?

because Putin is not so stupid to think his countries economic future doesnt depend on us and poking us to make himself look powerful comes at a price.

Obama bitch slaps the cunt and you guys praise Putin.

because Putin is not so stupid to think his countries economic future doesnt depend on us and poking us to make himself look powerful comes at a price.

Obama bitch slaps the cunt and you guys praise Putin.

Ahhh. So Billy, who is not a Republican, praises Putin and that equates to Republicans liking Putin and Republicans putting party over country. Makes perfect sense to me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vladimir_Putin

hes a fucking dictator you fools

Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin (Russian: Влади́мир Влади́мирович Пу́тин; IPA: [vɫɐˈdʲimʲɪr vɫɐˈdʲimʲɪrəvʲɪt͡ɕ ˈputʲɪn] ( listen); born 7 October 1952) is a Russian politician who has been the President of Russia since 7 May 2012. Putin previously served as President from 2000 to 2008, and as Prime Minister of Russia from 1999 to 2000 and again from 2008 to 2012. Putin was also previously the Chairman of the United Russia political party.

For sixteen years Putin was an officer in the KGB, rising to the rank of Lieutenant Colonel, before he retired to enter politics in his native Saint Petersburg in 1991. He moved to Moscow in 1996 and joined President Boris Yeltsin's administration where he rose quickly, becoming Acting President on 31 December 1999 when Yeltsin resigned unexpectedly. Putin won the subsequent 2000 presidential election and was re-elected in 2004. Because of constitutionally mandated term limits, Putin was ineligible to run for a third consecutive presidential term in 2008. Dmitry Medvedev won the 2008 presidential election and appointed Putin as Prime Minister, beginning a period of so-called "tandemocracy".[1] In September 2011, following a change in the law, Putin announced that he would seek a third, non-consecutive term as President in the 2012 presidential election, an announcement which led to large-scale protests in many Russian cities. He won the election in March 2012 and is serving an increased, six-year term.

What's everyone's take on Obama cancelling this meeting?

For those from the old Rate Bush Board on AOL who remember Ornot Bitwise I see him posting every now and then on the sfgate website comments section (San Francisco Chronicle's website). I always liked that guy. For those who don't know him he was a real smart dude and a progressive.

Anyhow I saw Ornot in the comment section of this article. While generally an Obama supporter he wasn't with him on this issue.

Ornot

This is a wretched mistake. Even if you think Snowden should be prosecuted I just can't imagine how his case could be important enough to derail something this important.

Pugnacious nationalist posturing is *never* a good idea. It's not a good idea when the Russians do it -- and they do it often -- and it's not a good idea when we do it. I thought we were supposed to be the adults at this party!

http://www.sfgate.com/news/politics...utin-summit-amid-Snowden-tensions-4713914.php

Oh I miss him! That is so Ornot. Why don't you ask him to come here Cawacko? Did you try talking to him there?

Oh I miss him! That is so Ornot. Why don't you ask him to come here Cawacko? Did you try talking to him there?

I've tried! I don't use cawacko as a handle on that site but I have responded before when I've seen him post to let him know who I am but haven't seen him respond. I should probably see if you can send a PM to a another poster on that site.

We only live 15 minutes from each other. I've always wanted to grab a beer with that guy.

Back