My wife is off to DC with her best friend...and I'm drunk

Steelplate

WooHoo.

There's part of me that is incredibly grateful for this time alone. But, there is another part of me that misses my wife of 13 years.

I don't know how many people know this...but I am a semi-professional musician. I mostly do acoustic Blues/Folk/Rock... with a friend of mine. We are a duo...obviously.... but we used to be a trio....we had a Blues harp player(harmonica). The Harp player's wife came down with a debilitating ailment...that left him unable to play with us anymore.

The reason I am bringing this all up is that I have been inspired.

You see, my wife and I have been working real hard on our home. We live in a three bedroom ranch house that her Uncle and Father built from scratch. My wife's Mom and Dad still live next door to us in the house that THEY built...in inverse proportions. From what I understand...it was very much of a "you scratch my back, I'll scratch your's" situation...

Anyway....Somewhere along the line.....Polly's(my wife) Uncle sold the house to his son. And...I hate to say it...because....I love my wife so much....but, his son....and HIS wife.... took out all of the original....SOLID OAK...doors, molding and baseboard....and replaced it with plastic Pseudo- wood from Lowe's....or wherever they got it from.

Anyways... the house is full of cheap imitations of what it was ORIGINALLY supposed to be like. Polly and I have been hard at work trying to restore it as best we can. There are certain elements.that we cannot.....like for instance...our windows...,sliders were.just.more efficient than the old casement windows we.started.out with.

That's just one example....the bottom line is that we are trying to restore that "mid to late 50's" look as best we can. And the differences are mild, but significant.....like real, solid, hardwood molding and baseboard and doors....instead of plastic, hollow, and insignificant trim and interior doors.

The bottom line is that it is a SIGNIFICANT remodeling Process...and I am truthfully....burned out.

In short, I am grateful for this opportunity to just chill the fuck out for a little bit.?

Dude you're in PA. D.C. is spitting distance. If you get bored (and sober enough) drive down.

Today is, incidentally, my 4 year anniversary with my wife, who is leaving for Florida in a week, so I know how you feel.

You know what?... after re-reading previous post...I did not clarify how I was inspired.

My wife is VERY much into "reality TV". I am very much not into the genre. However, we were both, watching "America's Got Talent" that we DVR'ed on July 2nd. She had to leave with her friend....but I kept watching after she left.... anyways...there was this guy, who came.out on stage.by.himself and an Acoustic Guitar his voice.

He did a version of "I am just too close to love you"....by whomever....

It really doesn't matter who did it or what the actual Title is of the song is.....All I know is that the way the gentleman performed it was well within my vocal range and I am confident that we can perform the song as a duo.

Dude you're in PA. D.C. is spitting distance. If you get bored (and sober enough) drive down.

Today is, incidentally, my 4 year anniversary with my wife, who is leaving for Florida in a week, so I know how you feel.

You know what? I Appreciate your sentiments so much.....It is very close to.what I am feeling.

But, I know that she needs the break every bit as.much.as I do.

On the 23rd, my wife and I are going to Pittsburgh to see one of my favorite bands I've connected with over my lifetime.....The Eagles.

Don Henley and Glenn Frey are every bit as great of a singer/songwriter duo as Lennon/McCartney or as Elton John/Bernie Taupin....Leonard and Bernstein.... etc.

We saw the Rolling Stones a few years back(The "Forty Licks" tour)...that was my SECOND time seeing them in concert and my wife's first....

Anyway....we do have our time together....I love the fact that she is spending the Fourth with her best friend(who's birthday is on the fourth)....my wife needs it....her friend needs it....and, honest to God? I need it myself.

Wow, your drunken posts aren't silliness like some of the jokers/Trojans we have on this site. That's pretty cool stuff, though, Steel. There's a lot of musical talent in my family. Me being the middle child though (left-handed, not scientifically minded, etc.), I didn't get most of the talents which prevail, and so I never did pick-up an instrument. All I can do is karaoke...

you got married around independence day. nice. lolll

Back