More reasons Dems will win again

tekkychick

With this kind of nastiness on their side, no way do Repubs win in 2016.

Any chance leading Repubs will decry it? please post the links when you see them.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/08/07/racial-overtones-mark-protests-outside-obama-speech/2629687/
Racially charged sentiment infused the protests and split the crowd both politically and physically. Obama supporters congregated on the west side of the road in front of the high school and his critics lined up across the street.

Obama foes at one point sang, "Bye Bye Black Sheep," a derogatory reference to the president's skin color, while protesters like Deanne Bartram raised a sign saying, "Impeach the Half-White Muslim!"

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/gun-toting-protesters-including-assault-weapon-mill-obama-speech-arizona-article-1.396777
PHOENIX — About a dozen people carrying guns, including one with a military-style rifle, milled among protesters outside the convention center where President Barack Obama was giving a speech Monday — the latest incident in which protesters have openly displayed firearms near the president.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/07/obama-protesters-arizona_n_3719050.html
But a prevailing theme among many in the protest appeared to be issues of race. Some even suggested that Obama himself was to blame for racial tensions.

“We have gone back so many years,” Judy Burris told the Republic, arguing Obama had taken the nation back to pre-Civil Rights era levels of racism. “He’s divided all the races. I hate him for that.”

Others carried signs calling for Obama to be impeached, Tucson News Now reported, though despite the negativity, the majority of those in attendance were Obama fans.

http://www.salon.com/2013/08/07/anti_obama_protests_in_arizona_turn_racist/
The Arizona Republic reports that during the President’s economic speech at a Phoenix high school on Tuesday, anti-Obama protesters outside of the school began singing “Bye Bye Black Sheep” at one point, with one holding a sign that said “Impeach the Half-White Muslim!”

“He’s 47 percent Negro,” Ron Enderle, a 77-year-old protester, shouted.

From the Republic:

Judy Burris said that she blames Obama for racism in America reaching heights not seen since the 1960s Civil-Rights Era.

“We have gone back so many years,” she said. “He’s divided all the races. I hate him for that.”

Pretty deplorable stuff, but I also wouldn't characterize these folks as "mainstream GOP."

They seem pretty extreme...

Great, looking forward to all the quotes from m/s GOPers decrying them. Again, please post them when they're out there.

so far it's crickets

They're lucky their tricornered hats and/or white sheets didn't blow away with all the hot air blowing. Stuff like this :) is why we have the "Welcome to Bizarro America" thread elsewhere.

Pretty deplorable stuff, but I also wouldn't characterize these folks as "mainstream GOP."

They seem pretty extreme...

Seem? They're fucking nutcases. Like the old phrase "The inmates have taken over the asylum".

Buh bye, GOP!

Great, looking forward to all the quotes from m/s GOPers decrying them. Again, please post them when they're out there.

so far it's crickets

I don't in any way support that type of rhetoric but who is to say these people are all Republicans?

I don't in any way support that type of rhetoric but who is to say these people are all Republicans?

I'm not sure but I think the fact that the woman is wearing a t-shirt that says "PROUD TO BE A CONSERVATIVE" might be a good indicator.

Plus, you know...they're all white. Your compadres on here don't think there's any white Obama supporters, do they? They assume ignorantly that only blacks on welfare support the prez. :)

:rofl2:

LesterToon.jpg

Obama foes at one point sang, "Bye Bye Black Sheep," a derogatory reference to the president's skin color, while protesters like Deanne Bartram raised a sign saying, "Impeach the Half-White Muslim!"

But nah...it's not about race.

so far it's crickets

You know your various articles quoted the same people?

Also... carrying guns is a right. That does not change simply because the President is in town. Standing up for their rights is not violent/nasty...

I'm not sure but I think the fact that the woman is wearing a t-shirt that says "PROUD TO BE A CONSERVATIVE" might be a good indicator.

Plus, you know...they're all white. Your compadres on here don't think there's any white Obama supporters, do they? They assume ignorantly that only blacks on welfare support the prez. :)

But nah...it's not about race.

lol

That said... I did learn something.

Calling Obama 'half white' = racism

Calling Zimmerman 'half white' does not = racism

Back