More Florida Justice!

Howey

Banned
Smoking kills!

ESCAMBIA COUNTY, Fla. (WALA) - When Ceola Walker went to sleep in her Shadow Lawn street home Friday, July 26, everything was normal.

But when she awoke to gunfire around 2:40 a.m. Saturday, Walker had bullet holes in her car and her son Roy Middleton had been shot.

“He’s my only son and for that to happen was just devastating. We know it wasn’t anyone but God that saved him,” said Walker.

Walker said Middleton is still in the hospital with gunshot wounds to the leg, which according to Escambia County deputies, is the result of a deputy involved shooting.

Authorities said it all began when deputies arrived at her home in response to a report of a possible vehicle break in.

The sheriff’s office said two deputies then fired upon the man, striking him.

Walker said Middleton was simply getting something from the car they both share.

"He was just coming home like he usually does. I don’t understand why they had to use so much force under the situation," Walker said. "I don’t understand how they could fire so many shots at him. He wasn’t resisting or anything and he was at his own house.”

Neighbors said they were shocked and described hearing more than seven shots fired.

At least five bullet holes could be found in Walker’s car and a few in the side of her home.

Walker said she's thankful Middleton’s wounds aren’t life threatening.

“There were so many gunshots that I thought he might not have lived through it. I just don’t understand it and I don’t know why. There are still questions that I have,” said Walker.

This is, btw, the part of Florida known as "Southern Alabama", full of teabaggers and racists.

jeez, overreact much? cops in Florida - are they all tanked up on Red Bull or meth or something?

They're afflicted with a syndrome known as 'being fucking cops' It's a highly problematic condition known to affect 100% of police.

They're afflicted with a syndrome known as 'being fucking cops' It's a highly problematic condition known to affect 100% of police.

So we can put you in the "Supports Cops Gunning Down a Black Guy Going To His Car To Get Cigarettes" category?

I'm sure if it was a white guy, or George Zimmerman, you'd be outraged!

Wow, Howey is a weirdo. It's the police doing the shooting here. Yet Howey somehow blames a political group. What is wrong with you howey? You need help. Not kidding. You have a real problem with trying to see racism and political differences in EVERYTHING!

Wow, Howey is a weirdo. It's the police doing the shooting here. Yet Howey somehow blames a political group. What is wrong with you howey? You need help. Not kidding. You have a real problem with trying to see racism and political differences in EVERYTHING!

Didn't see where Howey blamed a political group. He says that section of Fl is full of "teabaggers and racists" but he doesn't blame them for the shooting.

Didn't see where Howey blamed a political group. He says that section of Fl is full of "teabaggers and racists" but he doesn't blame them for the shooting.

that's the obvious implication by mentioning them. Are suggesting it doesn't imply such? Then you are in denial. Tell us why Howey mentions teabaggers?

this is the problem with liberals. you are dishonest. you know you're playing word games. You know why howey mentioned them.

Deputies Jeremiah Meeks and Matthew White responded to a 911 call on Saturday of a possible burglary and found Roy Middleton, 60, rummaging through a car in the 200 block of Shadow Lawn Lane in Warrington, Morgan said. Middleton was searching for a loose cigarette in his mother’s car.

Morgan said the deputies reported that, after they'd made multiple commands to Middleton to show his hands, he eventually lunged out of the car and spun toward them, causing them to "fear for their safety."

"As much as we are trained and as much as officers -- which have Type A personalities -- like to say we are in control, we are not," Morgan said at the conference.

During an afternoon press conference, Morgan played the 911 call made by a neighbor along with the corresponding radio traffic from officers on the scene.

Middleton has said he was in his mother's car, searching for a cigarette. When he backed out of the vehicle, he had his car keys in his hand with a metal flashlight attached, he told his mother. The deputies opened fire.

It was at that point that Ceola Walker, 77, who was sleeping inside, awoke to the commotion.

“I heard the shots,” she said. “(The deputies) told me to close the door and not come out. They called an ambulance for him.” Middleton suffered shattered bones in his left thigh that will require the insertion of a metal rod.

A Baptist Hospital spokeswoman said Middleton is currently listed in good condition. Walker said she expects her son home by Wednesday.

The incident is being investigated by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and the deputies involved have been placed on paid administrative leave, as is standard in deputy-involved shootings.

http://www.pnj.com/article/20130729...t-in-his-front-yard-speaks-out?nclick_check=1

Looks like an honest mistake....

that's the obvious implication by mentioning them. Are suggesting it doesn't imply such? Then you are in denial. Tell us why Howey mentions teabaggers?

Better put your tinfoil hat on again...

To me, the "teabaggers and racists" was commentary to give us an idea what this area is like. I suppose the implication is that in an area with tb'ers and racists, it's more likely that there will be police misconduct. But that's not implying causation, just correlation.

But hey - you are the one that jumped to the conclusion; can you tell us why you think tb'ers are more likely to shoot people for nothing?

Back