Mitt Romney Warns Against Government Shutdown Threats By Republicans

signalmankenneth

Verified User

Thurston Warns GOP on Shutdown

Romney_egg_250px.jpg

Link

Mitt Romney is warning congressional Republicans against forcing a government shutdown in
their quest to stop Obama's health care law.

Romney addressed more than 200 rich-ass donors at a fundraiser. The event was closed
to the media, but his office released his prepared remarks.

Romney, 66, warned congressional Republicans against letting emotions drive their decisions.

"I badly want Obamacare to go away, and stripping it of funds has appeal. But we need to exercise
great care about any talk of shutting down government," Romney said. "What would come next when
soldiers aren't paid, when seniors fear for their Medicare and Social Security, and when the FBI is off duty?"

He continued: "I'm afraid that in the final analysis, Obamacare would get its funding, our party
would suffer in the next elections, and the people of the nation would not be happy. I think there
are better ways to remove Obamacare."

Romney did not criticize anyone by name, but everyone knows he was talking to "Thirsty" Marco Rubio,
insane Ted Cruz of Texas and Mike Lee of Utah, who are urging Republicans to swear off voting for any
year-end spending bill that includes money for the president's health care law. Parts of the federal government would shut down on Oct. 1 if Congress doesn't approve a short-term funding bill before then.

They do this every time and every time they get the blame for it, going all the way back to 1995 when Snoot shut down the government because he didn't like boarding Air Force One using a different door than Clinton used.
Bart

government_shutdown_big.jpg

Back