McAuliffe scores big

Big Money

600-Va-Governor-ObamaAP.jpg

ap_bill_clinton_terry_mcauliffe_ll_131028_16x9_992.jpg

virginia-governor-clinton.jpg

Terry McAuliffe is known as a notorious wheeler-dealer, a “prodigious fundraiser for Bill Clinton” and, as those on his own side call him, the “ultimate political insider.”

His role as chairman of a scandal-plagued electric-car startup with Hillary Clinton’s brother casts doubt on both his competence and his business record.

McAuliffe tried to persuade the the Northern Virginia Technological Council PAC to endorse him by telling the group how he’d get a deal done in Richmond, saying: “I’m an Irish Catholic. I like to drink. It is what is. We’ll go have lunch. We’ll go have drinks."

He further told the group that he wouldn’t even read legislation: “I am not going to read every bill when I’m governor. I’m going to hire people to read them for me.”

McAuliffe enlisted the aid of his political soulmates, Bill and Hillary Clinton.

In Bill Clinton’s four-day tour with McAuliffe, Clinton defended criticism of McAuliffe’s loose regard for the truth, saying, “everybody’s got to airbrush their story a little bit.”

Hillary Clinton headlined a $25,000-per-couple luncheon in Beverly Hills to fund McAuliffe’s campaign.

New York City’s Mayor Michael Bloomberg, a loser when it came to influencing Colorado’s recall vote, jumped in to support McAuliffe.

McAuliffe supports ObamaCare, and he would increase Virginia’s liabilities with greater Medicaid entitlements under part of the law that the Supreme Court ruled optional.

global_crossing_kit.jpg

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/11/04/do-virginians-really-want-mcauliffe-for-governor-man-who-will-govern-like-obama/

Back