Keeping abreast of crime

Big Money

New member

Mom is udderly guilty, say cops

A baby boy died in California after drinking his mother’s drug-laced milk.

Ryder Salmen was 8 months old when he overdosed on Xanax, methadone and the painkiller Opana, the Sacramento Bee reported.

Baby Ryder’s death was at first a mystery. Citrus Heights police found the boy dead in September 2012 after they were called to an apartment for an unresponsive infant. Toxicology reports later revealed a poisonous cocktail of drugs killed the child, police said in a statement.

The Sacramento County District Attorney has now charged the mother, 32-year-old Sarah Ann Stephens, with second-degree murder and felony child endangerment. Stephens intentionally fed the boy the lethal milk, police said.