Just look at all those new Jobs thanks to Obamacare!

patriot66

Banned
http://politicaloutcast.com/2013/10/hospitals-slashing-thousands-jobs-thanks-obamacare/

Hospitals Slashing Thousands of Jobs Thanks to Obamacare

Government officials have been predicting that jobs in the health care industry would be increasing due to the implementation of Obamacare and the projected 30 million Americans that would be signing up for coverage. Supposedly, thousands of jobs would be created in the healthcare industry but that does not seem to be the case.

Figures compiled by Challenger Gray and Christmas, an outplacement firm, there were 8,128 layoffs in the health industry last month. Since the beginning of the year the health industry has seen 41,085 layoffs. Only the financial and industrial sectors have seen more layoffs than the health sector.

So far this month, Indiana University Health has laid off nearly 900 people, Vanderbilt University Medical Center announced plans to eliminate 1,000 jobs by the end of the year and the Cleveland Clinic has offered buyouts to 3,000 employees as it cuts $330 million from its budget.

John Howser, Assistant Vice Chancellor at Vanderbilt said:

"While the rest of the U.S. economy is stabilizing or improving, health care is entering into a recession."

Jim Terwilliger, President of two of Indiana Health’s hospitals said:

"This is a challenging time for the health care industry. The pace of change is far greater than any time in recent history."

One of the issues facing many hospitals concerns Medicaid and the low-income Americans who use it for their hospital emergency room visits and then don’t pay their bills. Under Obamacare, Medicaid would be expanded to more low-income families, but 26 states, including Tennessee, rejected the Medicaid expansion which included federal funding. According to Vanderbilt officials, this accounted for nearly a third of their pending layoffs.

We’ve seen numerous doctors bailing out of their medical practices over the past year. Some have found positions with the large healthcare clinics or organizations while others have left the medical field altogether. Now hospitals are laying off thousands of employees. If the Republican members of Congress are not successful in stopping Obamacare, I would not be surprised to see the entire system implode and collapse and take the rest of the nation with it. I can’t help but wonder if this isn’t Obama’s plan all along?

Read more at http://politicaloutcast.com/2013/10...ds-jobs-thanks-obamacare/#WfYVJsjgLTCIW5k5.99

They will need to hire a bunch of programmers for the websites.

189654d1363885092-hva-lytter-du-til-i-dag-del-3-20120622052737-rofl.gif

Funny the dipstick would go to a riechwinger rag!
I'm guessing people actual
Y have to sign up first before causing hiring.

The ACA will not be the success its supporters want it to be. It will have added to the growing fiscal burden that threatens to damage the health of the economy.

Operational problems in the first few months are inevitable, and they will provide little insight into how well the reform is performing. A more telling indicator is the number of exchange enrollees whose insurance is cancelled.

People who voluntarily cancel their coverage or lose it because they have not paid their monthly premiums are either dissatisfied with their plan or find that the monthly payments are unaffordable.

We will begin to see cancellations in March and April for the earliest enrollees whose coverage starts January 1.

Higher-income exchange customers who are not eligible for a subsidy typically have a 30-day grace period before their coverage is cancelled.

Insurers are also required to give enrollees 30 days’ notice if they intend to cancel the policy.

Low-income enrollees who receive an exchange subsidy have a three-month grace period. (The longer grace period applies only to those who receive the subsidy, which is an income tax credit, on a monthly basis rather than waiting to file their taxes the following year.

Most people who are eligible for exchange subsidies will be unable to pay the premium without an advance payment of their tax credit). The additional time gives low-income enrollees who have occasional cash flow problems an opportunity to maintain continuous coverage as long as they make up any missed payments.

If many people have their coverage cancelled, it will be a strong indication that the exchange process has failed. Enrollees who choose not to pay their premiums, or who cancel on their own, have concluded that the plan does not meet their needs well enough to be worth the money. That could be the result of poor access to health care providers and services or higher costs than the enrollee anticipated. They might enroll in another plan, or they might decide to remain uninsured.

Insurance cancellations can have serious consequences for health care providers. An HHS ruling leaves providers with unpaid bills if insurers cancel the subsidized coverage for low-income individuals. Even though the individual receives a 90-day grace period during which time providers are required to continue providing medical services, the insurer can later refuse to pay claims arising after the first month.

There are only minor consequences for enrollees who fail to pay premiums. They have no obligation if they cannot afford to pay missed premiums or the medical claims. They are subject to the tax penalty for being uninsured, but that is prorated for the number of months they go without coverage. Their insurance premiums cannot be increased, and there is no barrier to them enrolling in another health plan.

Someone will be stuck with the bills, and no one wants to pay.

http://american.com/archive/2013/september/obamacare-destined-to-flop-part-iv

http://politicaloutcast.com/2013/10/hospitals-slashing-thousands-jobs-thanks-obamacare/

Hospitals Slashing Thousands of Jobs Thanks to Obamacare

Government officials have been predicting that jobs in the health care industry would be increasing due to the implementation of Obamacare and the projected 30 million Americans that would be signing up for coverage. Supposedly, thousands of jobs would be created in the healthcare industry but that does not seem to be the case.

Figures compiled by Challenger Gray and Christmas, an outplacement firm, there were 8,128 layoffs in the health industry last month. Since the beginning of the year the health industry has seen 41,085 layoffs. Only the financial and industrial sectors have seen more layoffs than the health sector.

So far this month, Indiana University Health has laid off nearly 900 people, Vanderbilt University Medical Center announced plans to eliminate 1,000 jobs by the end of the year and the Cleveland Clinic has offered buyouts to 3,000 employees as it cuts $330 million from its budget.

John Howser, Assistant Vice Chancellor at Vanderbilt said:

"While the rest of the U.S. economy is stabilizing or improving, health care is entering into a recession."

Jim Terwilliger, President of two of Indiana Health’s hospitals said:

"This is a challenging time for the health care industry. The pace of change is far greater than any time in recent history."

One of the issues facing many hospitals concerns Medicaid and the low-income Americans who use it for their hospital emergency room visits and then don’t pay their bills. Under Obamacare, Medicaid would be expanded to more low-income families, but 26 states, including Tennessee, rejected the Medicaid expansion which included federal funding. According to Vanderbilt officials, this accounted for nearly a third of their pending layoffs.

We’ve seen numerous doctors bailing out of their medical practices over the past year. Some have found positions with the large healthcare clinics or organizations while others have left the medical field altogether. Now hospitals are laying off thousands of employees. If the Republican members of Congress are not successful in stopping Obamacare, I would not be surprised to see the entire system implode and collapse and take the rest of the nation with it. I can’t help but wonder if this isn’t Obama’s plan all along?

Read more at http://politicaloutcast.com/2013/10...ds-jobs-thanks-obamacare/#WfYVJsjgLTCIW5k5.99

Wa-a-a-a-h, Obamacare! What a joke. I doubt you read the entire press release from CG&C, to get the whole perspective. Start with page 3. What's the reason for the cuts in all those other industries?

Challenger, Gray & Christmas, Inc.
Job-Cut Announcement Report

Top Five Industries
Year to Date

2013 2012

Financial 48874 27732

Industrial Goods 44750 20259

Health Care/Products 41085 26080

Retail 36494 30306

Aerospace/Defense 28170 15903

http://www.challengergray.com/press/PressRelease.aspx?PressUid=289

Stupid formatting.

Do you really believe the medical industry is going to shed jobs with obamacare ? there will be far more jobs when its fully implemented and let me clarify something I was NEVER for obamacare the way it was written. I thought it was disgusting the way it was rammed through with no one knowing what the hell was in it. Having said that its the law of the land and its here to stay so we need to stop the teaparty BS and try to make it the best it can be for everyone.

Do you really believe the medical industry is going to shed jobs with obamacare ? there will be far more jobs when its fully implemented and let me clarify something I was NEVER for obamacare the way it was written. I thought it was disgusting the way it was rammed through with no one knowing what the hell was in it. Having said that its the law of the land and its here to stay so we need to stop the teaparty BS and try to make it the best it can be for everyone.

How do you stand on the second amendment! just out of curiosity

You are wrong.

But, don't believe me, just watch what the hospitals and health systems are doing.

BTW, did you know that in 2014 EVERY hospital is taking a 2% haircut in Medicare funding. Doesn't sound like a lot does it? Take a look at how much Medicare contributes to a hospitals revenue and you will see that 2% is a shit pot full.

Additionally, going forward, hospitals will be paid to keep patients OUT of the hospital. Admissions to hospitals have been down the past couple of years and that will continue. Look for the layoffs to accelerate.

I know what I am talking about. You do not.

Back