Jimmy Carter on a roll today: "America has no functioning democracy"

BRUTALITOPS

on indefiniate mod break
Contributor
Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter was in the wake of the NSA Spähskandals criticized the American political system. "America has no functioning democracy," Carter said Tuesday at a meeting of the "Atlantic Bridge" in Atlanta.

Previously, the Democrat had been very critical of the practices of U.S. intelligence. "I think the invasion of privacy has gone too far," Carter told CNN. "And I think that is why the secrecy was excessive."Overlooking the NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden said Carter, whose revelations were long "likely to be useful because they inform the public." Carter has repeatedly warned that the United States sharply declined due to excessive restriction of civil rights, their moral authority. Last year he wrote in an article in the "New York Times", new U.S. laws "never before seen breach our privacy by the government"

http://www.spiegel.de/politik/ausland/nsa-affaere-jimmy-carter-kritisiert-usa-a-911589.html

Link is in german unless you use something like google translate.

Man this guy is cool beans.

I picked up a.book.of his on the.budget rack.of Walden Books. It was called "our endangered values". Very.interesting read....he virtually predicted the division we have today....in 2005.

No we didn't. Parties worked together. Oh they blustered about the "other side of the aisle" but they didn't make a career out of filibustering and being obstructionists.
No, parties did not work together. Democrats backstabbed Republicans on every frigging thing, remember?

No we didn't. Parties worked together. Oh they blustered about the "other side of the aisle" but they didn't make a career out of filibustering and being obstructionists.
1986....immigration reform.......tax reform.....Iran.....gun bans......oh yeah, 1986 solved all sorts of problems we never had to look at again......lol......

he's gotten more conservative in his old age.....

No...he hasn't. Do you realize the flak he took with his book on Palestine/Israel? That Flak was from Conservatives. He's just the man from Plains....telling the plain truth, as he has all along.

No one wanted to hear his message in the "Me" generation of the 70's...that if we would all just tighten our belts a little now....it would help in the future. If it weren't roentgen's OPEC oil embargo...he would have been one of the best of our presidents. We were totally unprepared for that.

Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter was in the wake of the NSA Spähskandals criticized the American political system. "America has no functioning democracy," Carter said Tuesday at a meeting of the "Atlantic Bridge" in Atlanta.

Previously, the Democrat had been very critical of the practices of U.S. intelligence. "I think the invasion of privacy has gone too far," Carter told CNN. "And I think that is why the secrecy was excessive."Overlooking the NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden said Carter, whose revelations were long "likely to be useful because they inform the public." Carter has repeatedly warned that the United States sharply declined due to excessive restriction of civil rights, their moral authority. Last year he wrote in an article in the "New York Times", new U.S. laws "never before seen breach our privacy by the government"

http://www.spiegel.de/politik/ausland/nsa-affaere-jimmy-carter-kritisiert-usa-a-911589.html

Link is in german unless you use something like google translate.

Man this guy is cool beans.

Team Z... I never had anything against Jimmy Carter as a person, as a man and a human being we can honestly say many things about him.

He is a devoted, loving and upstanding Family Man. He is deeply religious and with out a doubt a good all around person. He is above all else consistent in his beliefs and his opinions.

You may not like his politics.... but you must admire the person.

he's gotten more conservative in his old age.....

I don't think he has. Just less inclined to disingenuously change opinions due to the party in the WH. If the policy sucks, the policy sucks even if they wear the same color jersey.

I noticed that with Bush, personally.

Jarod you are like Teflon dude. I don't know how you've been able to say you agree with the jury's decision yet avoid being called racist or a Republican plant. Maybe the same way Auburn's been able to avoid the NCAA over Cam Newton?

Jarod you are like Teflon dude. I don't know how you've been able to say you agree with the jury's decision yet avoid being called racist or a Republican plant. Maybe the same way Auburn's been able to avoid the NCAA over Cam Newton?

Its because I am offering a reasonable and respectable opinion. Liberals generally respect that even if they disagree. Its simply true that the jury followed the law, one can argue that the law is racist, or that racism was present in the law as applied, but I just don't see much argument that the jury did not follow the law.

One can also argue that the jury should not have followed the law and simply done what was "right" or "just" but I don't see much argument that the jury did not follow the law as it does exist.

Its because I am offering a reasonable and respectable opinion. Liberals generally respect that even if they disagree. Its simply true that the jury followed the law, one can argue that the law is racist, or that racism was present in the law as applied, but I just don't see much argument that the jury did not follow the law.

One can also argue that the jury should not have followed the law and simply done what was "right" or "just" but I don't see much argument that the jury did not follow the law as it does exist.

Liberals generally respect that even if they disagree.?.....:palm: ....Have you been reading any of the posts from our resident pinhead liberals....

To say the Liberals generally respect the jurys verdict so far from the truth in this matter I won't even bother to prove you're wrong...its
obvious to anyone thats been on this site or has watched the news or heard the crazy rants from some talking heads on tv....open your eyes bro.

The jury didn't only follow the law....they seriously considered the evidence presented and thats the most important part of the whole thing

I don't think he has. Just less inclined to disingenuously change opinions due to the party in the WH. If the policy sucks, the policy sucks even if they wear the same color jersey.

I noticed that with Bush, personally.

Lol, example please, I guess I missed where Bush went against party lines, unless it was immigration and he didn't impress me with his watered down efforts.

Notice also, the conservatives are not calling him stupid as they usually do. He also did not tell BAC how to think. It is what everyone in missing in the argument on the other thread.

Back