Is JPP Dying?

Mott the Hoople

Sweet Jane
I haven't seen it dead here in a long long time. Lately it's been thread after thread by either right wing trolls or ideologues incapable of holding either an intelligent or objective conversation. Most of the long term members, adversaries and well as like minded, who could hold a decent debate are gone. What's happening here to JPP?

I think there still needs to be a lot of space for a lot of things to settle down. there was pretty much a drama explosion the last 2 weeks. Some left because the causes of the drama, (very few actually, if any actually did this) a few more took a break because of the fallout, the meta drama discussion, etc. a few others simply followed those that were banned because they like darla and want to chill with her.

Just think we need to regroup and get our heads together

Huh. I've only been here about 3 weeks. You mean this isnt normal? I also didnt notice any big explosions but then I dont read all the threads.

well for starters, you should be patient, this stuff has only been going on for a very short time.

keep posting

threadban people like bm, ignore him, and stop engaging him.

there are still plenty of cool people here

I think there still needs to be a lot of space for a lot of things to settle down. there was pretty much a drama explosion the last 2 weeks. Some left because the causes of the drama, (very few actually, if any actually did this) a few more took a break because of the fallout, the meta drama discussion, etc. a few others simply followed those that were banned because they like darla and want to chill with her.

Just think we need to regroup and get our heads together
I hope that's just the case. It's demoralizing to where things are going.

If you're open to a suggestion...something I think might help calm the waters, is co-opting a female mod. Lady T is no longer active and maybe that's what JPP needs?

I think Rana, assuming she's up to the responsibility, would make an excellent Mod. She's very level headed. I'm sure there are other female members who would make good mods too.

I haven't seen it dead here in a long long time. Lately it's been thread after thread by either right wing trolls or ideologues incapable of holding either an intelligent or objective conversation. Most of the long term members, adversaries and well as like minded, who could hold a decent debate are gone. What's happening here to JPP?

It will pick up, I can't say that I miss Rune or Tekky that much, as for Darla well you know my views on her.

If you're open to a suggestion...something I think might help calm the waters, is co-opting a female mod. Lady T is no longer active and maybe that's what JPP needs?

I think Rana, assuming she's up to the responsibility, would make an excellent Mod. She's very level headed. I'm sure there are other female members who would make good mods too.

I would be very open to that tbh, I don't know how active she wants to be on JPP though. it's an interesting idea tho

well for starters, you should be patient, this stuff has only been going on for a very short time.

keep posting

threadban people like bm, ignore him, and stop engaging him.

there are still plenty of cool people here
Grind's right about the trolls. Ignore them and don't engage them...easier said than done though as you may notice the members who should know better keep engaging them.

I see the troll problem as being as big a problem as the recent drama and possibly even bigger. I'm rather at a loss as to any productive ideas as to how to deal with them other than ignore them and hope they go away.

I don't agree she is too close to Darla and cannot be considered as dispassionate for that reason. Maybe Annie or Christie would be suitable candidates?

the people that most complain about the trolls, are usually also the ones feeding them the most, sad as it is.

the other thing is, troll is a very broad term. And it's kind of a slippery slope just to ban people you find annoying. That's why we've never really used rule 14. It's a scary thing to implement.

the people that most complain about the trolls, are usually also the ones feeding them the most, sad as it is.

the other thing is, troll is a very broad term. And it's kind of a slippery slope just to ban people you find annoying. That's why we've never really used rule 14. It's a scary thing to implement.
I understand...I don't envy your predicament...and it is a predicament. You're right about the slippery slope. Maybe some peer pressure from the active members like myself would be helpfull in reminding others not to feed the trolls. I try to set an example of not engaging them...which has been pretty easy as they don't usually post anything worth responding too.

Yeah - it appears to be dying. I've seen down periods before, and periods where a troll or 2 took over for awhile, but nothing like this.

Grind's right about the trolls. Ignore them and don't engage them...easier said than done though as you may notice the members who should know better keep engaging them.

I see the troll problem as being as big a problem as the recent drama and possibly even bigger. I'm rather at a loss as to any productive ideas as to how to deal with them other than ignore them and hope they go away.

Problem with the 'trolls' here is that they are not 24/7 trolls. Folks respond to their bait posts, but not to those that are actually not trollings.

I try not to respond to anyone that's just spewing or thumping their chests in 'besting' someone. I do try to agree or debate when they make valid points. Ignore trolls; respond to decent posts.

I have recently come around to this position. It seems lately there is nothing but trolls so I haven't been posting.

Back